IGNORED

'Go and support the gas' crap

Ska Junkie

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why oh why do supposed City fans use this line ALL the time on various social media outlets? Is it to make themselves look important?

I've had some young 'un tell me to 'go and support the other mob' on one of our FB groups because I don't particularly like LJ as Manager and it pisses me off something terrible when I read people posting it.

Why oh why do supposed City fans tell fellow reds to go and follow another club let alone them? I just don't get it.

To see if you will bite maybe?

In fairness, I once heard that very saying at a game where some lads started to sing songs about the Sags only for a more aged supporter to say "If you want to sing songs about Rovers then why don't you **** off down the Rovers?!", which I thought was a fair enough shout.

Meanwhile, over at the "Not obsessed with Teds" stadium, every other song has some Ted connection or they are burning a Ted shirt whilst singing about Dean Windass.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why oh why do supposed City fans use this line ALL the time on various social media outlets? Is it to make themselves look important?

I've had some young 'un tell me to 'go and support the other mob' on one of our FB groups because I don't particularly like LJ as Manager and it pisses me off something terrible when I read people posting it.

Why oh why do supposed City fans tell fellow reds to go and follow another club let alone them? I just don't get it.

@Ska Junkie I honestly think it's because they don't have the intelligence to have a sensible debate / conversation

Thanks for the replies chaps, I don't know why but that phrase winds me up, it just seems so 'self important' and unnecessary. We're all City supporters at the end of the and we need all the support we can get. Just because someone disagrees with a point, it's no reason to tell someone to go to change clubs.

As most have said, it's a 'throw away' comment but it does grind my gears I must say.

• Admin

Welcome to the internet, one of the inhabitants of the internet is a kind of being that takes sexual pleasure from making your blood boil, if you let him do that to you, you are responsible for the sticky mess this guy finds himself in. Do you want that? Just laugh it off and think to yourself that guy ain't too clever and he'll move onto the next target. 

That's the thing with social media, back in the day any issues at school were always sorted in the tennis courts, out of hours. No hiding place with half the school watching as they made their way past

Ignore it mate, if that's the best they've got then there isn't too much to worry about

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

In fairness, I once heard that very saying at a game where some lads started to sing songs about the Sags only for a more aged supporter to say "If you want to sing songs about Rovers then why don't you **** off down the Rovers?!", which I thought was a fair enough shout.

Meanwhile, over at the "Not obsessed with Teds" stadium, every other song has some Ted connection or they are burning a Ted shirt whilst singing about Dean Windass.

To be fair, last few seasons, the Atyeos loudest songs, bar a post goal song, was normally a Rovers or opposition team song. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Welcome to the internet, one of the inhabitants of the internet is a kind of being that takes sexual pleasure from making your blood boil, if you let him do that to you, you are responsible for the sticky mess this guy finds himself in. Do you want that? Just laugh it off and think to yourself that guy ain't too clever and he'll move onto the next target. 

Now you're just talking dirty Ian :)

I'd rather die than support those scumbags. You wouldn't get me to watch/support them ever....ever. No amount of money could ever compensate for the mental scarring, the retina burning and the caustic acid cleaning your skin would have to go through to thoroughly purify yourself afterwards.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

I'd rather die than support those scumbags. You wouldn't get me to watch/support them ever....ever. No amount of money could ever compensate for the mental scarring, the retina burning and the caustic acid cleaning your skin would have to go through to thoroughly purify yourself afterwards.

Someone offered me a grand to sit down and shut up for 90 mins  while watching that shower of sh*te, i do it. Think of it as a comedy club, except they pay you.

Now kids can post on social media & forums without people knowing who they are or how old they are etc & they like to think they can act all 'hard' & swear because the more you swear, the 'harder' you are!

As for the comment of 'go & support the 15ers', it's because they can't understand anyone having a different opinion from themselves & comes from a culture where they truly believe that they are right about everything 100% of the time (until they get their exam results & discover their best results were a 'D' & then it's the examiners fault & not theirs).

Luckily enough, I no longer do social media, so only have to put up with a small percentage of petty people on here.  :yawn:

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Now kids can post on social media & forums without people knowing who they are or how old they are etc & they like to think they can act all 'hard' & swear because the more you swear, the 'harder' you are!

As for the comment of 'go & support the 15ers', it's because they can't understand anyone having a different opinion from themselves & comes from a culture where they truly believe that they are right about everything 100% of the time (until they get their exam results & discover their best results were a 'D' & then it's the examiners fault & not theirs).

Luckily enough, I no longer do social media, so only have to put up with a small percentage of petty people on here.  :yawn:

Yep, spot on, a couple of seasons ago I posted on here about our away game at Rotherham and got a stinging response from a juvenile along the lines of "I bet you weren't there, I bet you're a sad old git who just listened to it on the radio while sat in your armchair so can't really comment..." - when I replied saying I've watched City at 82 different away grounds and I'm entitled to an opinion and asked him who the hell he thought he was he just wilted like a piece of spinach and ran away....

He was probably one of the scrotes at QPR away last season who were at the front of the top tier but insisted on standing all game, ignoring the young couple behind them who politely asked them to sit down as they couldn't see. In the end me and my mate gave up our seats to the couple so they could at least see some of the game they'd paid to watch, although it was a painful evening on the performance front!

Some of our younger fans make me cringe but equally lots of them make me proud...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, spot on, a couple of seasons ago I posted on here about our away game at Rotherham and got a stinging response from a juvenile along the lines of "I bet you weren't there, I bet you're a sad old git who just listened to it on the radio while sat in your armchair so can't really comment..." - when I replied saying I've watched City at 82 different away grounds and I'm entitled to an opinion and asked him who the hell he thought he was he just wilted like a piece of spinach and ran away....

He was probably one of the scrotes at QPR away last season who were at the front of the top tier but insisted on standing all game, ignoring the young couple behind them who politely asked them to sit down as they couldn't see. In the end me and my mate gave up our seats to the couple so they could at least see some of the game they'd paid to watch, although it was a painful evening on the performance front!

Some of our younger fans make me cringe but equally lots of them make me proud...

Gonna make myself sound really old here (I'm 45 & don't consider myself old btw) but it really does come from a lack of respect & the 'I'm alright jack' attitude & sod the rest of you!! They really do think they're untouchable & as soon as they gob off to the wrong person they cower away, it's all about acting hard in front of their 'mates' & being the centre of attention, sadly these individuals tend to be the ones constantly in trouble with the police & with little of a future to look forward too!

Don't get me wrong, there are some right horrible old gits about as well but they were probably the kids I mentioned above 40 years ago & you can understand why some youths have no respect for the older generation!

Similarly, there are some decent, well behaved youngsters out there but they are sadly becoming the minority, you only have to look at how teachers & police officers are treated now......

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

what happened to Napoleon?

if we are not talking about Napoleon Solo, then I think he got his own Island and had one of the greatest pieces of classical music written about him and his escapades.

Archived