IGNORED

Ashton Gate

Bob Taylor is GOD

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Haven't been down to the gate since the last game.

Any changes to the stadium taken place over the closed season?

Dolman roof painted?  Museum?...

@Bob Taylor is GOD I can tell you the museum is not happening in the location it was before (if at all?)

Let's hope that there are toilets in the damned fan zone as that was a ridiculous set up for an a brilliant area

I have a feeling there was a "Phase 3" of development work - but not heard if anything has changed over the summer?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@Bob Taylor is GOD I can tell you the museum is not happening in the location it was before (if at all?)

Let's hope that there are toilets in the damned fan zone as that was a ridiculous set up for an a brilliant area

I have a feeling there was a "Phase 3" of development work - but not heard if anything has changed over the summer?

Definitely need some toilets, can see the fan zone being packed for the Barnsley game

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A load of benches have been put down the stream side of Marina Dolman Way.

Weren't most of those already there? That whole area is already a bit of a mess and whatever happened to the memorial garden?

I had a walk past the other week and it doesn't look like any additional work has been carried out.....certainly not externally. The Atyeo external area looks awful now compared to the rest of the ground

As far as I could see, the lansdown concourse hasn't had any additional work where I thought at least they would have done the floor and matched the concessions décor in line with the south stand /dolman. Whatever happened to the rugby "clubhouse" they were talking about?

1 hour ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Haven't been down to the gate since the last game.

Any changes to the stadium taken place over the closed season?

Dolman roof painted?  Museum?...

it's been knocked down and turned into Rover's training ground thanks to their richer owner.......

that and there is some pizza place there now

Minor point, but half a dozen of the new Silver Birch lining the brook along Marina Dolman way have died off.

As presumably a finishing touch in terms of landscaping, they now look awful.

I'm sure Marina would welcome healthy looking replacements for the new season ( and for the groundstaff to water them while they bed in)

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Minor point, but half a dozen of the new Silver Birch lining the brook along Marina Dolman way have died off.

As presumably a finishing touch in terms of landscaping, they now look awful.

I'm sure Marina would welcome healthy looking replacements for the new season ( and for the groundstaff to water them while they bed in)

they are just starting early for the holloween party,

The soil may not be good enough quality for them to bed,

Just now, Monkeh said:

they are just starting early for the holloween party,

The soil may not be good enough quality for them to bed,

Improve the soil quality then, not difficult.

Great, and well deserved accolade to Marina, but I'm sure she'd like to think the avenue will mature and still be there in many decades time.

Looks to me the trees were thrown in at the last minute by the builders, not carefully planted  by someone with a certain expertise - bit of a false economy looking at the result.

Easily sorted out by replacing the failed trees, and improving soil quality if necessary, and I hope it will be.

I consider it a bit of an insult to Marina if it isn't.

38 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great, and well deserved accolade to Marina, but I'm sure she'd like to think the avenue will mature and still be there in many decades time.

Looks to me the trees were thrown in at the last minute by the builders, not carefully planted  by someone with a certain expertise - bit of a false economy looking at the result.

Easily sorted out by replacing the failed trees, and improving soil quality if necessary, and I hope it will be.

That area will all look very different in a few years anyway, so the current set up is just temporary ;) 

39 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Are we likely to hear anything soon regarding the area west to the stadium?

Once they've got everything sorted I'm sure there'll be an announcement. The club don't want to end up with the almighty cock ups we had last time, mainly down to nimbys and the council. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Once they've got everything sorted I'm sure there'll be an announcement. The club don't want to end up with the almighty cock ups we had last time, mainly down to nimbys and the council. 

Ice skates on standby

I'd heard that Wicks are in the last year of their lease, after which City are moving in the bulldozers, presumably to increase the car park and to make the view of the West Stand a lot more dramatic with an unobstructed view back to Winterstoke Road.

Clearly Dreams bed shop closed a while back and this tallies with why no one else has moved in. I was wondering if anyone knew anything else know about Midas next door? or the accountants (I think it is) on the corner by the traffic lights.  Beyond that, I'd also heard that the old Braby engineering site, that's now full of cherry pickers had also been purchased by City (or Ashton Gate Ltd or whichever company the accountants are using) 

Anyone able to add anything on this or any of the other properties along there?

I hear things from time to time about the Mercedes site, but as it's separated by a road, I wouldn't imagine it's of as much interest to the development of Ashton Gate as those on the other side of the road.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This will be a fantastic tribute if properly tended. Glad that they have gone for birches rather than the ubiquitous sycamore.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

That area will all look very different in a few years anyway, so the current set up is just temporary ;) 

Dolly, you are a tease aren't you? Always little snippets and hints just to keep everyone wanting more. 

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

the plaques on the Atyeo statue seem to have been given a clean up / polish too. @Dollymarie can you confirm this?

The cement was tidied and the plaque given a clean when the last batch of names went on. A concrete resin was also put all over it, to make it look neater and have a better finish. It hasn't been specifically cleaned since then, that I'm aware of. The club are now responsible for maintaining things, so they may be having the cleaning teams look after it. 

Lighting for the statue, and a closer security camera is also impending.

4 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

The Atyeo is now back to how it was - regarding the missing lines of seats which was done due to segregation last season- so the 'Bristol City' wording is back

I thought they were planning on covering the old tunnel and putting more seats in? Is that still happening?

4 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Weren't most of those already there? That whole area is already a bit of a mess and whatever happened to the memorial garden?

I had a walk past the other week and it doesn't look like any additional work has been carried out.....certainly not externally. The Atyeo external area looks awful now compared to the rest of the ground

As far as I could see, the lansdown concourse hasn't had any additional work where I thought at least they would have done the floor and matched the concessions décor in line with the south stand /dolman. Whatever happened to the rugby "clubhouse" they were talking about?

yes the atyeo end is a bit like a ginger step child, forgotten and unloved such a shame really ruins the overall look.

Archived