IGNORED

Ashton Gate

Bob Taylor is GOD

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two questions,

1) has the tannoy speakers in the Dolman been replaced to be compatible with the rest of the new sound set up?

2) where will the SC&T bar be next season?

Point number two, announcement very soon. Agreement with AGL has been signed. I'll just check with someone more senior that we can share the information before I do. 

44 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Point number two, announcement very soon. Agreement with AGL has been signed. I'll just check with someone more senior that we can share the information before I do. 

Dolls, can you please put up a copy (if you have them) of the minutes for the last two SC&Ts as haven't seen them on the main site. I know @Blagdon red is a busy chap so can understand why not on main SC&T webby.

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Dolls, can you please put up a copy (if you have them) of the minutes for the last two SC&Ts as haven't seen them on the main site. I know @Blagdon red is a busy chap so can understand why not on main SC&T webby.

I don't have the ability to do that, but will chase that with him now. We didn't have a meeting this month because lots of us were away. 

5 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Weren't most of those already there? That whole area is already a bit of a mess and whatever happened to the memorial garden?

I had a walk past the other week and it doesn't look like any additional work has been carried out.....certainly not externally. The Atyeo external area looks awful now compared to the rest of the ground

As far as I could see, the lansdown concourse hasn't had any additional work where I thought at least they would have done the floor and matched the concessions décor in line with the south stand /dolman. Whatever happened to the rugby "clubhouse" they were talking about?

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Minor point, but half a dozen of the new Silver Birch lining the brook along Marina Dolman way have died off.

As presumably a finishing touch in terms of landscaping, they now look awful.

I'm sure Marina would welcome healthy looking replacements for the new season ( and for the groundstaff to water them while they bed in)

That whole area will become the main processional walkway to the stadium, with a wide plaza so the ground looks amazing approaching from Winterstoke road, I suspect the Wickes sight will become a small indoor arena for sport (Basketball / badminton) and music. Then the bar / plaza  etc will get more use due to more events and sports being played in the area. The other side will become the hotel ? 

17 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Waiting until their lease runs out I am guessing. 

I was in there when rumours first circulated that SL was buying the land. I asked someone working in there if she'd heard anything . She said the land had been bought by SL and the lease runs out this year . Just a bit surprised nothings been released. Although probably worried about getting their fingers burnt after the AV debacle . Be really interesting to know what else is going to be built apart from a hotel. 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was in there when rumours first circulated that SL was buying the land. I asked someone working in there if she'd heard anything . She said the land had been bought by SL and the lease runs out this year . Just a bit surprised nothings been released. Although probably worried about getting their fingers burnt after the AV debacle . Be really interesting to know what else is going to be built apart from a hotel. 

Let me link (and advertise my amazing MS Paint skills) in this amazing artist impression I did a long time ago.

DNt8wgi.jpg

Assuming the problem with the Marina Way is the dodgy wall on the Wickes boundary. Think they had fencing up to provide a safe zone in case of collapse. Mindful of the rumours, the thinking may be wait until we get our hands on the Wickes site before doing anything more.

Large Birch trees are notoriously difficult to successfully transplant. Really need tlc from lifting to planting and then good after -care. They are tolerant of poor soil though. Lovely trees, but have some of the highest establishment failure rates in the landscape industry. Truly the Lee Tomlin of the tree world. 

It's one of the best things about first home game of the season. Congregating in our church and spotting all the little changes helps with the anticipation for the new season. Usually in ruins after twenty minutes of the game starting but that's another Topic! 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just read them Dolls.

The SC&T area will be in the same place as before above the Sports Bar? Is that correct?

Nope. On the other side, where the museum was meant to go. It's a bigger space, plus we can decorate it how we want, and finally get all our memorabilia out of storage! It's being decorated/sorted etc now.  

14 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope. On the other side, where the museum was meant to go. It's a bigger space, plus we can decorate it how we want, and finally get all our memorabilia out of storage! It's being decorated/sorted etc now.  

I'm not as familiar with the new build lay out as some and I have no idea where the museum was meant to go! 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm not as familiar with the new build lay out as some and I have no idea where the museum was meant to go! 

Up the stairs like you are going to where we first had a space, but instead of turning right at the top of the stairs, you'll turn left, and we're in there. We'll have our own bar, plus security in terms of not being shoved out of the space, provided bar takings maintain an acceptable level. 

11 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Assuming the problem with the Marina Way is the dodgy wall on the Wickes boundary. Think they had fencing up to provide a safe zone in case of collapse. Mindful of the rumours, the thinking may be wait until we get our hands on the Wickes site before doing anything more.

Large Birch trees are notoriously difficult to successfully transplant. Really need tlc from lifting to planting and then good after -care. They are tolerant of poor soil though. Lovely trees, but have some of the highest establishment failure rates in the landscape industry. Truly the Lee Tomlin of the tree world. 

With your last sentence you win the internet this week.:clapping:

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Up the stairs like you are going to where we first had a space, but instead of turning right at the top of the stairs, you'll turn left, and we're in there. We'll have our own bar, plus security in terms of not being shoved out of the space, provided bar takings maintain an acceptable level. 

I'm sure I'll find it Dolls. 

Ill make sure I bring my membership card!

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Does this mean there is no museum planned anymore? If not I would like my stuff back that I donated to the club and I expect others would as well.

1 hour ago, cidercity said:

Does this mean there is no museum planned anymore? If not I would like my stuff back that I donated to the club and I expect others would as well.

I think one is still planned, it just doesnt need a space of that size. Email Pete Smith as he would be the one to tell you what the plans are now. :) 

Archived