IGNORED

OTIB changes?

Septic Peg

30 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Yes its a fairly large jump to Invision Power Board 4.2 - there is quite a lot of changes in it which I'm still working through. 

I'll fix the work skin & jump to last post in due course - the fix for the later in the meantime is to click on the icon to the left of the post topic rather than the topic title itself. 

Thank you for your work Tomarse and the team .

:clap:

26 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

bloody american money, you take you nickels and dimes and do one, we'll have non of that here, British Tender please

A dime is an odd coin. It doesn't have the value of the coin on it, ie 10 cents. It just says "one dime".

Me: "How much is this coin worth?"

US chap: "10 cents"

Me: "how do you know?"

US chap: "it says one dime on it".

Live the cliché old boy...........

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

@Fordy62 - is this better than your likes to post ration?

I trust these swear filter offenders are no under moderation, like I was?

Yeah, yeah - I know no one likes a snitch, but I'm still pissed off about the whole TC affair.....

I loved Terry Cooper

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

@Fordy62 - is this better than your likes to post ration?

I trust these swear filter offenders are no under moderation, like I was?

Yeah, yeah - I know no one likes a snitch, but I'm still pissed off about the whole TC affair.....

What's TC? Is that an acronym you've created in order to bypass the swear filter?

Tut tut. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What's TC? Is that an acronym you've created in order to bypass the swear filter?

Tut tut. 

no it's this

Top Cat! 

The most effectual!

Top Cat! Who's intellectual!

*Close friends get to call him "T.C.," Providing it's with dignity! 

Top Cat! 

The indisputable leader of the gang. 

He's the boss, he's a VIP, he's a championship. He's the most tip top, Top Cat. 

Yes, he's the chief, he's a king, But above everything, He's the most tip top, Top Cat! Top Cat!

51 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

A dime is an odd coin. It doesn't have the value of the coin on it, ie 10 cents. It just says "one dime".

Me: "How much is this coin worth?"

US chap: "10 cents"

Me: "how do you know?"

US chap: "it says one dime on it".

Live the cliché old boy...........

I just gave you my first 'reaction', well I had to try it out on somebody and that did make me smile!

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The snake should be worth -9,700,000, the same difference as between DC's valuation and what we paid for him.

Might lead to quite a few negative reputations though :ph34r:

Robbored would still manage a higher rating :yawn:

We've had a facility to count the "likes" each person has received, so will we now have a facility to count the other options? This might provide some interesting info - e g the person with the most "haha" could win the comedian of the year award. On the other hand the person with the most "snake" would win.......

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We've had a facility to count the "likes" each person has received, so will we now have a facility to count the other options? This might provide some interesting info - e g the person with the most "haha" could win the comedian of the year award. On the other hand the person with the most "snake" would win.......

it still does, its now reputation so I guess its counts all the reactions you get

Just tested it, like, laugh and thank adds 1 the other 3 add nothing

Just for clarity, what do the icons mean. ..I once sent something I thought was a funny icon to my daughter and I got a telling off as it mean something else. So for those not familiar with Facebook etc I need an idiots guide please. Obviously a couple are self explanatory, but the snake for example? 

Just now, RedM said:

Just for clarity, what do the icons mean. ..I once sent something I thought was a funny icon to my daughter and I got a telling off as it mean something else. So for those not familiar with Facebook etc I need an idiots guide please. Obviously a couple are self explanatory, but the snake for example? 

what was the icon you sent @RedM 

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think it'll show you the breakdown in due course.  You also get this silly leaderboard thing.. perfect for ego boosting - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/leaderboard/ 

There are no  ego's on OTIB.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what was the icon you sent @RedM 

I'm trying to remember. I think it was something she took as me saying she was being sarcastic.

I have an excuse, until last week I had an old but very decent Samsung Note phone, on these old phones Samsung saw adding an icon on a text as the user sending a picture so it was charged as an MMS not SMS message, 40p a time so I quickly got out of the habit of sending emojis...that why I use the limited ones on here, so I don't miss out. I had the phone for about 3 years and am well out of touch with what they all mean now, there are hundreds of them. Last week I got my new phone, still a Samsung but now I can attach emojis for free...but I don't want to offend people :noexp: Ha ha

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm trying to remember. I think it was something she took as me saying she was being sarcastic.

I have an excuse, until last week I had an old but very decent Samsung Note phone, on these old phones Samsung saw adding an icon on a text as the user sending a picture so it was charged as an MMS not SMS message, 40p a time so I quickly got out of the habit of sending emojis...that why I use the limited ones on here, so I don't miss out. I had the phone for about 3 years and am well out of touch with what they all mean now, there are hundreds of them. Last week I got my new phone, still a Samsung but now I can attach emojis for free...but I don't want to offend people :noexp: Ha ha

Just don't point at an ok emoji, that could be badly misconstrued.

(I thought it meant U Ok, it doesn't)

What's really annoying is a month or so before I'd responded to a text like that saying 'I'm fine thanks' :facepalm:

Archived