IGNORED

OTIB changes?

Septic Peg

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We've had a facility to count the "likes" each person has received, so will we now have a facility to count the other options? This might provide some interesting info - e g the person with the most "haha" could win the comedian of the year award. On the other hand the person with the most "snake" would win.......

A transfer from the Gas ? 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

He's merely getting the same as the others who circumnavigated the swear filter recently :P 

;)

And obviously, with the mods being such guardians of moral decency, they immediately amended the offending posts....

Oh wait, that hasn't happened!

11 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Why when I click on what I want to read and it takes me to the first post, when I read the first post 8 years ago?

Because that's actually how it works by default.  I could change it but really what you are meant to do is click on the icon to the left of the post title. 

30 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Transfer section is full of utter shite. Is that a bug or a feature?

There is definitely something wrong with the fonts. Looks awful in safari. Really blocky.

Looks worse in Daktari - I think you'd need to be cross-eyed to read the posts properly.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All positive or neutral, surely a mild negative thumbs down wouldn't be too problematic?

Unfortunately it got abused before and people would negatively rate peoples posts down just because they didn't like them.  Little groups of people would go around and do it in fact. 

Just now, Tomarse said:

Unfortunately it got abused before and people would negatively rate peoples posts down just because they didn't like them.  Little groups of people would go around and do it in fact. 

Does it matter if they did?

Couldn't similar cliques do the same with positives?

I wouldn't have thought anybody could be upset or would takes likes/thumbs downs too seriously surely?

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Does it matter if they did?

Couldn't similar cliques do the same with positives?

I wouldn't have thought anybody could be upset or would takes likes/thumbs downs too seriously surely?

What if you haven't got a clique?  :sad26:

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

What if you haven't got a clique?  :sad26:

You'd be in the same position as me, and i imagine most others then.

Tbh, I think the rest of the forum would notice if a group were continually giving a particular poster the thumbs down for the sake of it and soon point it out.

Having a thumbs down wouldn't need to be linked to the 'likes' total,  i.e. posters giving the thumbs down in order to reduce someone's total, just a quick way of showing mild disapproval to the post.

Archived