IGNORED

Season ticket came today - couldn't help but laugh at the letter that came with it (Merged)

Die Hard Red

I sort of just wish they'd post the season ticket as well as telling me what I am entitled to and leave out the lines about pretending we had a great season/are on the up etc

bcfc.jpg

• Progress is evident

....finished 17th but would've been lower had we not pulled our finger out at the end of the season

• A roller coaster unlike any other season I can remember

....Losing 5-0 to Preston was quite the roller coaster

• Highest average attendances since the 70's is proof you share out belief in what we are trying to build

....We have a bigger stadium and can fit more people into it, not really looking into what's being built more just filling the seats as well as more neutrals watching the Villa/Newcastle games etc

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:
  • Progress is evident

....finished 17th but would've been lower had we not pulled our finger out at the end of the season

So? Newcastle wouldn't have won the league if they hadn't won so many games.. but they did. 

Also not sure why this is in the transfer forum.

13 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

For those sad enough (like me) to obsess about Season Cards being sent out....mine arrived today and I actually felt a bit of excitement. Or was it dread. 

You're not sad, you speak for many of us...well me anyway! Hoping to find one later when back from work. 

The club did say they would 'start' to be sent out this week, so the fact that this is the first thread on this implies that most will get theirs next week.

19 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

For those sad enough (like me) to obsess about Season Cards being sent out....mine arrived today and I actually felt a bit of excitement. Or was it dread. 

Mine too. Better start the pre-season training now.....

36 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I sort of just wish they'd post the season ticket as well as telling me what I am entitled to and leave out the lines about pretending we had a great season/are on the up etc

bcfc.jpg

• Progress is evident

Higher position and points tally than the previous year

Convenient exclusion of the fact we were top of the league at one point, rollercoasters are ups and downs.

• Highest average attendances since the 70's is proof you share out belief in what we are trying to build

....We have a bigger stadium and can fit more people into it, not really looking into what's being built more just filling the seats as well as more neutrals watching the Villa/Newcastle games etc

Old Ashton Gate could hold 21k (19k once segregation etc) but we were never close to the average we had last season.

The letter at no point says we had a "great season"

What do you expect? A statement like "We were crap last season but hope  intend to do better this coming year".

And while you aren't into the other commercial offers, there are enough who will. Why should the club not try to sell itself and get a few more pennies in to boost the transfer fund.

53 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

bcfc.jpg

• Progress is evident

Looks like Mark Ashton spilled his nail varnish on it before he posted it to you..

13 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I've just received a new card but thought I was using my old one as have same seat and same plus option

This !

I was expecting to use last years card, re-loaded. Not complaining mind, last one was looking a tad rough around the edges.

Archived