IGNORED

CCTV now at AG/Fight at the rugby

Dollymarie

12 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Plus banning orders from the date of the incident.

Unfortunately banning orders can only be given in respect of disorder involved in regulated football matches.

the Bristol fans have been banned permanently from Ashton gate and the Exeter fans from their home ground., and obviously Ashton gate!

the most chlling aspect for me on the cctv was the female steward being on the floor on a number of occasions.

yes it didn't get as much publicity as football disorder but it sets out the standards of acceptable behaviour at any sporting event in Ashton gate and this is a stance where fans from both football and rugby understand.

Behaviour aside from this has been excellent at home games , unfortunately as is always the case the press focus on the rare occasions when this type of incident occur.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't think it brilliant to know that all the time that I'm in the ground I'm being permanently filmed.

I was fine with the police bringing out the video cameras if there was trouble happening because that was a specific response.

Filming every fan as they drink a coffee or pick their nose is over the top; I wouldn't put up with it at work.

As long as you're not doing anything wrong, then they'll not have a reason to watch you or publish any footage of you. The cameras will be constantly panning around looking for trouble so they won't be permanently on everyone.

The good thing about this particular story is the fact that it has now made a huge percentage of people aware of just how clear the images are, no more grainy images where you can't actually determine who's who, there are no arguing with these images & if you are doing wrong in or around Ashton Gate stadium, there is a strong possibility you will be identified!

21 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Unfortunately banning orders can only be given in respect of disorder involved in regulated football matches.

the Bristol fans have been banned permanently from Ashton gate and the Exeter fans from their home ground., and obviously Ashton gate!

the most chlling aspect for me on the cctv was the female steward being on the floor on a number of occasions.

yes it didn't get as much publicity as football disorder but it sets out the standards of acceptable behaviour at any sporting event in Ashton gate and this is a stance where fans from both football and rugby understand.

Behaviour aside from this has been excellent at home games , unfortunately as is always the case the press focus on the rare occasions when this type of incident occur.

That sort of violence at a football match would of led to a far bigger fine, a lifetime ban, a possible prison sentence, having to hand in your passport when England were abroad, several hundred hours community service and national headline news, being as it was a "rugger match" I would expect there were a few funny hand shakes going on behind the scenes

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't think it brilliant to know that all the time that I'm in the ground I'm being permanently filmed.

I was fine with the police bringing out the video cameras if there was trouble happening because that was a specific response.

Filming every fan as they drink a coffee or pick their nose is over the top; I wouldn't put up with it at work.

I wonder how they deal with freedom of information requests.

Just now, Pezo said:

I wonder how they deal with freedom of information requests.

I wonder how long the footage is kept for. Does it get deleted after the match has passed off without incident or is it stored somewhere so it can be referred to in the event of spurious allegations in the future such as those made by Henbury Gas?

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I wonder how long the footage is kept for. Does it get deleted after the match has passed off without incident or is it stored somewhere so it can be referred to in the event of spurious allegations in the future such as those made by Henbury Gas?

Obviously I can only refer to the system that I use in school for security etc, but that's recorded onto a hard drive specifically for use of the cameras only. This stores the footage for 40 days I think, and then gets deleted automatically on a loop recording, so when one day ticks over on the system, the oldest day stored gets deleted. 

It is possible I suppose to store it for longer on bigger systems, but really if a serious incident occurs (theft, fighting, lost items etc) you're going to report it pretty soon afterwards.

Just now, Taz said:

Obviously I can only refer to the system that I use in school for security etc, but that's recorded onto a hard drive specifically for use of the cameras only. This stores the footage for 40 days I think, and then gets deleted automatically on a loop recording, so when one day ticks over on the system, the oldest day stored gets deleted. 

It is possible I suppose to be store it for longer on bigger systems, but really if s serious incident occurs (theft, fighting, lost items etc) you're going to report it pretty soon afterwards.

I suppose as well that the footage at City would only be about three hours worth once a fortnight whereas your school`s is for eight hours a day, five days a week.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I suppose as well that the footage at City would only be about three hours worth once a fortnight whereas your school`s is for eight hours a day, five days a week.

Ashton Gate's system will be 24/7 because it also covers the surrounding walkways & car parks & will be there for any break-in's or incidents during non-match days as well.

And while running 24/7 it will also be apparent if there is any system failures & getting any such faults repaired in time for a match day rather than booting the system up on a match day to discover there is a problem & having no time to get any problems repaired.

That CCTV is so clear!

Why were so few aka only 5 in court? Maybe it was 6.

Anyway either way it seemed reading the report and seeing the footage that a lot more than 6 in total were involved to varying levels admittedly.

One thing also. Can't remember who made the point about less than rigorous questioning by Bristol Post but people don't answer, wouldn't answer when leaving question.

It's a poor paper but seems a little gratuitous. People just don't...watch any news outlet and you would get the same. There's no obligation to comment so they wouldn't. Simple as.

25 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Aren't FoI requests just for public bodies?

Quick search.

1. The Freedom of Information Act. The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA ) gives you the right to access recorded information held by public sector organisations. Anyone can request information – there are no restrictions on your age, nationality or where you live.

14 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not so long ago we had a long term poster who had taken that very name as his latest forum identity.

Not been on for a while though.

Jesus will be back at Easter.

Back on topic though; in the early 70s the Police monitored the AG crowd through binoculars from the old stand. The man with the binos then directed colleagues via radio onto the individual(s) concerned. A much lower cost than CCTV, but it still  worked as assorted prosecutions proved.

CCTV is now a huge part of the world, to those that have concerns about being watched / recorded while at Ashton Gate, do you have an issue with it when you go to the pub or out for a meal at a restaurant or while you are filling your car up at the petrol station or while doing your weekly grocery shopping? It is in all these places & a lot more!

It's probably harder to find a place where you aren't under camera surveillance rather than where you are being seen.

It's become part of life & whether you like it or not it does help to keep places safe or to help catch people causing a problem if something bad has happened & a good system is better than any eye witness or other bits of forensic evidence as you have the incident & it's time & dated, very hard to argue against evidence like that.

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

Football fans will always be treated differently regardless .home or away where all thugs and tarnished with the same brush .Time we where treated like supporters and not cattle!

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Two apologies first, one I'm sorry this footage is from the rugby, and two I'm sorry the link is from the post. 

Just wanted to highlight from the following link how brilliant our CCTV is now, how much detail they can see etc. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/watch-moment-bristol-rugby-banter-225889

Are  you working with the Rozzers!!

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tipps has it spot on with regards to system being on still 24/7 to cover all incidents, no matter what time of the day/night. 

7 hours ago, Taz said:

To be fair it's no different to walking through the centre. Have you ever gone to London and taken the Tube?

Alcohol is prohibited on the Tube so the scenario with the pint couldn't have happened. A similar incident could have occurred in the street but only in south west London where all the rugby tossers live.

9 hours ago, Taz said:

To be fair it's no different to walking through the centre. Have you ever gone to London and taken the Tube?

I go to London about once a month on average, been all times of the day and night, early hours etc,  in various parts and travel on the tube all the time (although not alone). Maybe I've been lucky but never felt unsafe or had any unwelcome attention. When I arrived back in Bristol whether it's 10.30pm, or 2.30am and had to cross the city centre I've had more trouble in that 500 yards than anything in London, and this has happened almost every time. I actually hope the CCTV cameras are watching over me. 

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Not at all, just I've heard repeatedly from people at the club, how brilliant our cctv is now, and this was the first time I'd actually seen how good. 

It's decent tbf. Hope it catches the patrons that play up 

Archived