IGNORED

The official Atletico Unión Güímar v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, oldrosie said:

Basically a level six side in the UK .... not ideal preparation for the new season ... maybe a better bet a week in Belfast with a friendly or two versus Derry City and the like.

The sort of level we struggle against in Cup matches ;)

2 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Basically a level six side in the UK .... not ideal preparation for the new season ... maybe a better bet a week in Belfast with a friendly or two versus Derry City and the like.

It's a friendly the lvl of opposition means nothing 

It's for fitness and working on tactics only,

how did your team get on against forest green?

2 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

It's more to do with the raining camp, then a game tacked on for the fans , rather than a friendly game/tour. They put more emphasis on the training / fitness/ bonding , than the game time. 
I'd like to see tougher opposition , I know we have FC20 later in the week but maybe 2/3 games against reasonable opposition. A mate is on tour with QPR in Berlin(2 games I think) , have to say I was a little jealous, if that was us I'd be very tempted.
I'm not really a big fan of friendlies , and I'm not sure you learn much Vs the sides we've played , but I guess it helps fitness and Reid's confidence must be sky high.

5 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Really hope not. Remember all his terrible misses. And he's no way a striker.

Neither Tomlin or Taylor scored many when wearing the '10' shirt either.

Bobby is a very agile player, far more so than Tomlin and if he is given a bit of attacking freedom then my bet is he'll do well in that role. He'll certainly be a good foil for Diedhou. And if he can add goals to his game, no doubt with a bit of confidence, then great.

I'd never pick Reid in a million years as a starter, or to be honest, even on the bench.

However, credit where it's due he's certainly decent against nobodies. You can only score against what's in front of you and he's doing that quite well. 

2 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Tammy aside there were a lot of poor performances last year. One thing Reid did better than anyone else was to try and drive the team up the pitch. 

And play suicide passes. He did that miles better than anyone. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd never pick Reid in a million years as a starter, or to be honest, even on the bench.

However, credit where it's due he's certainly decent against nobodies. You can only score against what's in front of you and he's doing that quite well. 

Really?  Not in a million years?  a player who is skillful and has shown he can score goals?  Not even on the bench?

Ho hum.

Archived