IGNORED

The official Atletico Unión Güímar v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

I can see why LJ likes Reid there. He's energetic , can fill in when we lose the ball , makes good runs into the box and now he is scoring .
I know he has always had a goal in him, but if he can take more chances he could turn out to be valuable . 

I'd like to see us play 2 up top , and I hope it is just circumstances than has stopped Johnson from doing that (although I don't know why he hasn't tried FD and GE together).

24 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Really hope not. Remember all his terrible misses. And he's no way a striker.

He is at the moment. 

Strikers job is to score and Bobby is scoring.

If other striking options are injured come the start of the season it is good that we have an option in scoring form.

His problem is that he didn't cost umpteen million and have a proven championship record.

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Bobbie is the most technically gifted player we have and he's one of our own. Hope he starts against Barnsley. 

Mr Reid. 

3 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Bobbie is the most technically gifted player we have and he's one of our own. Hope he starts against Barnsley. 

Mr Reid. 

Gas.....

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd never pick Reid in a million years as a starter, or to be honest, even on the bench.

However, credit where it's due he's certainly decent against nobodies. You can only score against what's in front of you and he's doing that quite well. 

I might be taking a flier here, but I strongly suspect he won't be playing in a million years. 

Just now, RedorDead BCFC said:

I might be taking a flier here, but I strongly suspect he won't be playing in a million years. 

don't think any player playing at the moment will be playing in a million years but if I am wrong dig me up and laugh at me.

Not Gas. Said with some jest but I do think Bobbie has a lot to offer. Will never make it as a Central midfielder as he can't boss the game enough. It's the n.10 role or bust for him this year. I hope, as I do with all our players, he does well. With Taylor and Đurić not fit he's currently our best option. 

4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

7 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Hope there's nothing in it and don't want to stir that pot again, but anyone else find it strange Flint has played 0 mins of this game. Hopefully a straight forward reason.

Don't think there is anything in it.

I don't think Bailey Wright has played this pre-season and needs minutes under his belt,  plus I think they wanted to learn more about Hegeler as a centre half. Good opportunity to do both.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If I get a snake symbol. Does that mean someone doesn't like what I'm saying? Can someone advise me if I need to meet @JoeAman08 in the eastend walkway?

come on Joe. Put 'em up. 

That's why I used it!!! I've been so back and forth about a few different things these last few days I'm losing my will to comment. I like Bobby and I will leave it at that but still wanted to voice my displeasure. :laugh: just think you're a tad harsh on him. Has his flaws but could be our most creative player. Could be our new "maverick" but he works harder than our last! 

6 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Don't think there is anything in it.

I don't think Bailey Wright has played this pre-season and needs minutes under his belt,  plus I think they wanted to learn more about Hegeler as a centre half. Good opportunity to do both.

Would also have liked us to test out Maggs at left back 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

From what I can gather, on Twitter they are a 'third tier outfit'. I think that means Segunda División B. But they aren't listed as a team as far as I can see...

If they are third tier, never heard of em. Its  all regional in Spain after the top two divisions.

Could be anything, probably nothing. Unless we now have the best team in the championship, and by the look of things the best U23  side in the country!!

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

Another closet lover. I can't stand LJ. You disagree...that's fine. He has no future at Bristol City. The 1st 10 games will just make you realise how nothing has changed. People talk about a good end to season, all those people must of  missed another terrible game against Birm. Johnson out. Dead man walking.

Bore off. Please please don't come to Brum and Brentford. We really don't need you there 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Another closet lover. I can't stand LJ. You disagree...that's fine. He has no future at Bristol City. The 1st 10 games will just make you realise how nothing has changed. People talk about a good end to season, all those people must of  missed another terrible game against Birm. Johnson out. Dead man walking.

What's it like to carry such hatred and anger around? When he said football was more important than life and death Bill Shankly was joking you know. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

same old shite. You have only one thing in your mind when you watch City play - that they lose -pathetic

Archived