IGNORED

The official Atletico Unión Güímar v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

9 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Another closet lover. I can't stand LJ. You disagree...that's fine. He has no future at Bristol City. The 1st 10 games will just make you realise how nothing has changed. People talk about a good end to season, all those people must of  missed another terrible game against Birm. Johnson out. Dead man walking.

Thanks Thatch.  I've been having a really rotten day, but you've cheered me up no end.  Just out of curiosity, what are your views on Donald Trump?

51 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

7 in 4 has he found his position?

7 in 4 against lower league / non league opposition. It's Championship football we're playing this season. Last season he went from LJ's £5m pound player to someone who couldn't get a place on the bench. When he managed to get back into the team he managed to miss a clear chance against Brighton 

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Stroke of pure genius if young BR plays as a striker this season. Has to be given a go up top surely.

"Young BR". He's 24! As for "Has to be given a go" - why? Engvall has been scoring regularly against higher standard teams but he doesn't figure in LJ's plans   

46 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hope so, it`s another serious option if nothing else. Perhaps he`s realised (or been told) that this season is make or break for him.

Reid  has had more make or break seasons than @Rudolf Hucker has had you know what - with a far lower success rate 

13 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Another closet lover. I can't stand LJ. You disagree...that's fine. He has no future at Bristol City. The 1st 10 games will just make you realise how nothing has changed. People talk about a good end to season, all those people must of  missed another terrible game against Birm. Johnson out. Dead man walking.

Who couldn't love this one ? 

Clean lines , spacious , easily organised . 

IMG_1741.JPG

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

7 in 4 against lower league / non league opposition. It's Championship football we're playing this season. Last season he went from LJ's £5m pound player to someone who couldn't get a place on the bench. When he managed to get back into the team he managed to miss a clear chance against Brighton 

"Young BR". He's 24! As for "Has to be given a go" - why? Engvall has been scoring regularly against higher standard teams but he doesn't figure in LJ's plans   

Reid  has had more make or break seasons than @Rudolf Hucker has had you know what - with a far lower success rate 

Young Bobby will always be ' young ' to me .

You can only score against what's in front of you but if it was Fammy on the same tally everyone would be extolling his virtues ! 

Let's support  the lad and hope he can continue this form against higher League opposition . 

22 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Just now, JonDolman said:

reid.jpg.618e3fc1ce5c827ad0f703d9602a30a2.jpg

Look how much Bobby has bulked up! He might just be able to handle himself as a striker against big centre backs. Looking forward to seeing how he does this season.

Why oh why is FF in blue? Keeper kit should be yellow or orange or pink but deffo not blue... 

Can someone tell Scotty to put the goalie kit in the washing machine with the new home kit so we can have a nice lilac?

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Looks as though LJ agrees with me...

Strong side.

No Flint. Ellend Road bound? ;)

I didn't disagree with you, simply said if it was one or the other between this one and Cheltenham I'd prefer a strong squad at the latter.

I'd imagine we'll stick with fairly strong sides now

58 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Thach your pessimism is so strong . Do you wake up every morning and your first thought being there's another **** up down the Gate today?

If so let it go man. There has been so many managers over the years that I and many,many more have hated being our clubs manager.

Give up on Johnson, if he's the fraud you are convinced he is, ne will be soon gone.!!

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Just out of interest, what's your opinion of LJ? ;) 

49 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

reid.jpg.618e3fc1ce5c827ad0f703d9602a30a2.jpg

Look how much Bobby has bulked up! He might just be able to handle himself as a striker against big centre backs. Looking forward to seeing how he does this season.

He looks mean and determined as well .

It would be absolutely fanbloodytastic if he realises his  potential this season and becomes the player most of us have seen glimpses of .

Go on son it's SOB this season.

:yes:

I know the pre season opposition so far has been poor but as an old un, I remember a book that I read nearly sixty years ago.

Entitled "Captain of Hungary" it was the first autobiography of Ferenc Puskas. In it he related how the Hungarians who won the Olympic Football gold medal in 1952, played many practice games in the build up to the 1954 World Cup against weak Hungarian club sides.

The objective was to build the players confidence. To allow them to try moves against teams without the worry of looking silly if they didn't come off.

The plan worked a treat as Hungary swept all before them, including a group game against West Germany in the '54 finals.

However, the clever Germans had played their second eleven, confident that they'd win the other two group games, which they did.

And so the same countries reached the final. Hungary played the same team but W Germany had their first eleven and won the World Cup.

So I can understand why LJ has played against weak teams in our pre season. Just hope the players remember it's for real on 5th August against Barnsley.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just watched the highlights. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen such a massive pile of shit. They're about the level of Dursley Town. A 10k run would have been a better workout. 

Highlights wouldn't be as fun though TBF.

Archived