Wingers...

Eddie Notgetinya

I'd guess our starting X1 with the current squad will be:

Fielding

Pisano, Flint, Wright/Mags, Bryan

Pato, Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda

Reid

Diedhiou

The lack of width and pace worries me, we only have one out and out winger in COD, two at a push including Pato (CAM by trade). Brownhill has to be CM for me as that's where he's at his best and whilst I'd be happy with Bryan out wide LJ won't play him there despite Mags being an international LB. There are currently no wide replacements and this keeps me up at night.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

The lack of width and pace worries me, we only have one out and out winger in COD, two at a push including Pato (CAM by trade). Brownhill has to be CM for me as that's where he's at his best and whilst I'd be happy with Bryan out wide LJ won't play him there despite Mags being an international LB. There are currently no wide replacements and this keeps me up at night.

Thoughts?

That team would get overpowered in midfield, so lightweight. Needs Pack definitely, and maybe Hegeler    In place of ODowda and Reid. 

6 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

Thoughts?

Think Pack will start in place of COD with Pato given licence to switch wings. 

1 hour ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

The lack of width and pace worries me, we only have one out and out winger in COD, two at a push including Pato (CAM by trade).

So, two then.  How many wingers do you want?  C O'D is pretty quick and Pato is no slouch.  I would prefer a winger by trade rater than Pato.  He needs to play as a 10 IMHO.

3 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

Thoughts?

Try taking some Nytol or some Cocoa, 

On 7/22/2017 at 21:52, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

It doesn't matter who plays as such, My point is there's no natural pace and width so what happens when plan A doesn't work? 

Di Girolamo? Isn't he a winger. Perhaps he might be given an opportunity this season.

On 22/07/2017 at 21:30, The Horse With No Name said:

That team would get overpowered in midfield, so lightweight. Needs Pack definitely, and maybe Hegeler    In place of ODowda and Reid. 

Would prob be OK against the lower clubs. But certainly against the better sides I think we might expect a 5 man midfield! 

Archived