IGNORED

Interesting vid.................

slartibartfast

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry if this has already been on....I've not seen it before.

I'll watch it all tomorrow when I'm a bit more compos mentis, but was a sad day when big Joe left. Felt we were on the cusp of great things. 

55 minutes ago, eardun said:

Very interesting. I'd forgotten how much turmoil we saw in the 90s!

It seemed never ending back then. It just seemed par for the course and very few fans actually saw the turnover of mangers as an issue.

That carrousel  of managers and their respective backroom staff  was eventually  seen as a destabilising factor by SL which is largely why he was so reluctant  sack LJ last season. 

I've often wondered how things would have been different had Joe Jordan not left in the early 1990s. We felt like a club on the rise during his first stint and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have sold Bob Taylor so cheaply under his watch. We played such exciting football in that 89-90 promotion season with two flying wingers in Gavin and Smith. 

Jordan's second stint was disappointing, but by the time he returned we were already on the decline.

interesting Taylor's comments on Benny.

I wish he had stayed. I reckon the club would be in a far better position with a genuine talent stream coming through from the youth if he had stayed in the job he had originally been employed to do.

Archived