IGNORED

Flag day

WolfOfWestStreet

Re S82 - Last week we moved all the flags to a new location. Whilst there we measured up the area for the potential to purchase a huge new surfer (hoping we can get one the size of one whole block of the SS and surf across the whole stand).  

It's gonna cost a fair bit so we'll need all the sticker sales we can get - new designs will be out for the start of the season (all being sorted and bagged up as we speak). 

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Re S82 - Last week we moved all the flags to a new location. Whilst there we measured up the area for the potential to purchase a huge new surfer (hoping we can get one the size of one whole block of the SS and surf across the whole stand).  

It's gonna cost a fair bit so we'll need all the sticker sales we can get - new designs will be out for the start of the season (all being sorted and bagged up as we speak). 

Can we not surf it from Dolman block A to the Lansdown end of the SS? Can't do Lansdown obvs as poshies won't like it.

Also where is the Scotty surfer? Could be due a run out?

21 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can we not surf it from Dolman block A to the Lansdown end of the SS? Can't do Lansdown obvs as poshies won't like it.

didn't we have to retire the scotty one due to some elf and safety fire hazard bullshit?

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

didn't we have to retire the scotty one due to some elf and safety fire hazard bullshit?

Nope. That was big George. Scotty is alive and well. Just not had the space in the Atyeo for a regular outing. I'm sure the flag people will see this and put their heads together. Always did like saying I was underneath Scott Murray ;) 

15 hours ago, Harry said:

You can put me down for stickers various.

Decided to treat the cat to a new shit-house, and it needs decorating before he starts to drop the kids off in it.

It's what every cat needs. Probably.

55 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope. That was big George. Scotty is alive and well. Just not had the space in the Atyeo for a regular outing. I'm sure the flag people will see this and put their heads together. Always did like saying I was underneath Scott Murray ;) 

cheers dolls,

be good to get that one out, in time for the villa game on the box would be good

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Bah humbug perhaps, but as a season ticket holder in the SS I come to watch the football, not to be buried under some stupid flag. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Bah humbug perhaps, but as a season ticket holder in the SS I come to watch the football, not to be buried under some stupid flag. 

it normally goes around for the start of the game, not during it, scrooge mcduck 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm not so sure, it's not offensive and is quite a cool sight. Could easily be surfed around the ground using the lower Lansdown stand.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's before the start of the game and you'd be under it for about 20 seconds maximum. I think the majority of people would enjoy being part of it.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not so sure, it's not offensive and is quite a cool sight. Could easily be surfed around the ground using the lower Lansdown stand.

It's before the start of the game and you'd be under it for about 20 seconds maximum. I think the majority of people would enjoy being part of it.

The two posts above read in sequence seem quite disturbing.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm in, sit in S20

23 hours ago, Harry said:

Harry - how much is a fair bit - happy to make a donation

On 23/07/2017 at 19:05, Harry said:

Where do you purchase stickers from?

59 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You dont surf a "stupid" flag during play ... jeez 

There were some games last year when  I would have loved my view blocked by a flag !! Stupid or otherwise :whistle:

4 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

Good idea - any chance the clever techs who operate the forum (:clap:)  with OTIB could set up a donate / collection page on here for those that want to donate ?

After the surf - would be ideal to hang off the top tier of the Lansdown Stand - The corporates will see the funny side and won't mind ;)

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Perhaps @Dollymarie can persuade Scotty to put them on a delicate wash in the Atyeo laundrette...

6 hours ago, beaverface said:

Any chance some Fabreze can be bought at the same time - those flags stink of sick !!

We could ask the g*s if they`ve got any shake`n vac left over from their major stadium refurbishment.

On 7/24/2017 at 09:22, Septic Peg said:

The design of the connection from the Dolman stand to the corner of the South Stand does not make an easy surf transition.  The size of the flag we're looking at will be too big to navigate that corner section.
Might go round to the Lansdown stand though - if those infront of the Heineken lounge are up for it.

On 7/24/2017 at 18:50, BCFC1959 said:

On 7/24/2017 at 19:19, daored said:

Where do you purchase stickers from?

On 7/24/2017 at 23:38, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good idea - any chance the clever techs who operate the forum (:clap:)  with OTIB could set up a donate / collection page on here for those that want to donate ?

After the surf - would be ideal to hang off the top tier of the Lansdown Stand - The corporates will see the funny side and won't mind ;)

Thanks for these comments guys.  Sadly we don't have any online donation option at present, but I'm sure we can have a look into this.

As for where to buy - we were somewhat isolated in the Atyeo last year but now we're in the 'horseshoe' they'll be readily available - we'll possibly do the rounds at half time, but will likely mainly sell around the South Stand area that we will populate.
We are also looking at obtaining an old style ticket booth which we could base permanently in the Fanzone at the South Stand end, so everyone would know exactly where we'll be, every game.
Also still selling outside Spanish Bar pre-match if you pass through that way.

As for prices - the new surfer we're looking at might be around £1500, so we need to sell LOTS of stickers!!

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Harry I'm sure we could set up a donate button on here and it can then collect online donations for flags. @Blagdon red would be the one to clarify if there's a way to identify flag donations specifically. Pretty sure it can be done though. 

Thanks Dolls.  Will have a chat with the lads

Archived