IGNORED

We are predicted to get relegated by 4 pundits on FLW

Redminster

Not terribly surprised by that.

Without knowing the total context of our season, it's a reasonable prediction to make. Put yourself in their shows and view our club with limited knowledge and no context..

Lost Abraham, lost Tomlin, dreadful form last season.. Flint and Bryan possibly off, inexperienced manager.. I can see why you'd have us for relegation.

2 minutes ago, Redminster said:

Not surprised in the slightest. Finished three points off the relegation zone last year. Don't appear to have strengthened the team. Haven't got a striker of note apart from the untested Diedhiou. Could be a case that we are praying that there are three worse teams than us again next season as the extent of our ambition.

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Not surprised in the slightest. Finished three points off the relegation zone last year. Don't appear to have strengthened the team. Haven't got a striker of note apart from the untested Diedhiou. Could be a case that we are praying that there are three worse teams than us again next season as the extent of our ambition.

3  out of 7 " experts" don't think we will be relegated!

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Agreed, top of the bottom 6 is my 'ambition' for us while LJ remains in charge.

It's  all speculation. These "pundits" look at last season at the lower SBC teams and conclude that in our case the loss of Tammy and Tomlin will mean that we'll struggle this time around......:disapointed2se:

No mention of two new signings of whom none of these "pundits" know nothing and who could turn out to be very successful.

Its all bollocks imv and nothing more than click bait.

Lazy journalism, look at players going out - Abraham (fair point) and Tomlin (few noted him as influential and a big loss), Tomlin is a name in this division but didn't fit with us but they overlook that, yes we had a dreadful run, but two patches of good form either side of it, I doubt (and sincerely hope) we won't be going through a similar patch this season, but it lead to the overall record looking poor. We finished the season fairly strongly (maybe bar a couple of games when we got comfortable) with the squad we have now, but one person lists a weakness as barely adding to the squad, start the season with that form and we shouldn't (!) be looking at the relegation spots. 

Do I think we're completely safe, of course not but the reasons given by the 'experts' are lazy and appear that they've only given it mild thought rather than delving in deeper for the teams involved. 

People who don't have a clue back us for relegation?

Doesn't bother me.

Each of them used the same reasons, no Tammy and no Tomlin.

Tomlin was shite for us, so they are literally just saying it because he is a 'name' in this league.

Tammy is the difficult part, but since our last relegation we haven't had any issues creating chances, not even in the SOD days (JET and Baldock ended with about 40 combined IIRC, though season shared with Cotts).

People were saying the same thing about replacing Kodjia (19 goals) 10 months ago, we now have a younger striker who had a better record than Kodjia at a comparable level. Ultimately if he settles we will be absolutely fine, otherwise we need other players to chip in. It may only be pre-season and weaker opposition but Reid seems to have added composure to his game, LJ has said how Pisano is a player with a knack for knocking the ball down from freekicks/corners and is capable of scoring (again something we have seen, albeit against low opposition).

Completely understand why people think it. Thing for me is we conceded a lot of goals last year, with 23 of our own now gone we have to solve replace those goals (unlikely to replace all of them) so we need to fix the conceded element. As yet, I don't think we have, and that will be our biggest issue, not goals. 

I do fear for us a bit this year, unfortunately.

Not surprised in the least. For you fans expecting anything other than a season of struggle- stop kidding yourself.

There may be  3 sides worse than us, but that is the best we can hope for.

A disappointing close season so far.

goals will be hard to come by and a defence that can't keep clean sheets- get depressed thinking about it and we haven't kicked off yet.

Lansdown won't get rid of LJ. Christ, now I am even more depressed.

have said from day 1 LJ is a bullshitter who started to believe his own press when we made a good start last year. Some of the comments he made to show how clever he was were proven to be ridiculous by the end of the season.

first game of season a six pointer! Could count at the end of the season.

Despite what some people may say on here, we are weaker than last season. A season of struggle is inevitable. People point to the run towards the end of last season, but that still included awful performances at Preston, Brentford and at home to Birmingham. 

Other teams have strengthened, teams that we maybe expected to finish above. 

I'd say we are in for a season of struggle, unless we strengthen in the next month.

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I would be surprised if we stayed up this season.

No lessons learned from the past, crap manager, no investment in the squad, doesnt look too good from where im standing

Yes I'd say spending 5.3 million on a new striker counts as zero investment in the squad too. 

13 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Not surprised in the least. For you fans expecting anything other than a season of struggle- stop kidding yourself.

goals will be hard to come by and a defence that can't keep clean sheets- get depressed thinking about it and we haven't kicked off yet.

have said from day 1 LJ is a bullshitter who started to believe his own press when we made a good start last year. Some of the comments he made to show how clever he was were proven to be ridiculous by the end of the season.

:disapointed2se: z z z z z z z z z z z z z z  so boring and tiresome........:fastasleep:

9 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Struggling to think of a weaker team than City.

I'd say Burton, Millwall and Bolton for starters, Sheffield Utd could be considered weaker too. I think we'll finish higher than 21st as well.

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Yes I'd say spending 5.3 million on a new striker counts as zero investment in the squad too. 

I fail to see the point on showing the intent by spending that amount on one player and not surrounding him with more quality. People maybe happy with a mid table this season but the window for the Premier League is closing. I'm not saying break the bank but this squad/manager isn't currently good enough for midtable let alone a push for Play offs.

18 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

I would advise not taking a stroll over Clifton Suspension Bridge any time soon..............

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

I fail to see the point on showing the intent by spending that amount on one player and not surrounding him with more quality. People maybe happy with a mid table this season but the window for the Premier League is closing. I'm not saying break the bank but this squad/manager isn't currently good enough for midtable let alone a push for Play offs.

That's part of the problem imo, fans are desperate for us to push to the premier league, yet there are many, many better suited teams in the league to do so than us, mid table for us really would be a success this year, yet to some fans it wouldn't be enough. 

Not surprised by that but relaxed. The Championship is a notoriously tough league to predict and predictions are usually wrong.

i can see why pundits tip is to go down but our form improved without Tomlin and, if Pisano is decent and stays fit, it addresses the weak spot in our defence.

We will not pull up trees but we will be fine.

Archived