IGNORED

How many goals will Bobby Reid score this season in the league...

The Humble Realist

Assuming he stays fit...how many league goals will Bobby Reid score this season   

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Assuming he stays fit all year and you had to bet your whole wealth...how many goals would you predict Bobby to score in the league. 

His great pre season form is encouraging but how will team selection and coming up against better defenders than the mediocre lot we have played so far affect your prediction ?

Anybody who would bet their whole wealth on anything to do with football must be utterly mental. There are no gaurantees, that's why it's so compelling!

Too many variables in Bobby's case. If he's fit, where will he play? Are we still looking to bring in another striker? 

I'd expect (given the same game time, as second striker) Bobby would score less than Matty Taylor but more than Đurić. 

If I had to bet the £3.67 in my pocket, then I'll go for 8 goals from Bobby this season. 

Bobby could do so well, we accept mega bucks for him in January. Then again he might be injured at the start of the season (like Paul Cheeseley) and never play again. Then again, Bobby could now hit one of those lean spells all strikers go through.

12 months ago we were asking "Tammy who? and then the goals flooded in. As Bar BS3 posted, there's too many variables in football.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Whilst Reid deserves a lot of credit for banging in the goals pre-season, I still have doubts about him doing that when it matters. That is based purely on past performance where his finishing has been very poor despite a goal here and there. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and carries on this goal scoring epidemic into the league season but I've just got these mental images of the sitters missed, the shots over the bar, the scuffed shots, the extra touches in front of goal instead of shooting, etc.

Lets hope a leopard can change his spots but at the moment I'd have him down for 5 goals maximum..

I know I have said this a few times, but I am not convinced his finishing was the problem, but his composure.

Snatching at chances when under pressure seemed to be why he missed as many as he did last year, but we have seen in pre-season he is fine with a bit more time. The problem is time is a luxury in the Championship.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Bobby could do so well, we accept mega bucks for him in January. Then again he might be injured at the start of the season (like Paul Cheeseley) and never play again. Then again, Bobby could now hit one of those lean spells all strikers go through.

12 months ago we were asking "Tammy who? and then the goals flooded in. As Bar BS3 posted, there's too many variables in football.

What about young Bobby though?

Just now, cynic said:

That would represent a major turnaround as I don't think he's scored that many in his career has he (no doubt someone will be arsed to find out) ?

Hope you and a few others are correct.

Think he would have got 8 or so over a full season at last years rate.

If he has got more composed, then he could well score 10.

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

That would represent a major turnaround as I don't think he's scored that many in his career has he (no doubt someone will be arsed to find out) ?

That might because Reid hasn't played an attacking role much before and judging by LJs comments he'll be playing in that role this coming season.

LJ clearly sees Reid as potential goalscorer.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

True, but he's never been a defensive midfielder and has regularly got himself into scoring opportunities - he's good at it, just been poor finishing off the opportunity.

Pushing him forward will enable him to get more opportunities and if he can convert a few then happy days. Just doubts in my mind that he can do that - as I say, if he does then happy days (the cowards caveat).

Have you been talking with Dopey Darrel?

39 minutes ago, cynic said:

Me Me Me !!!! He has scored 11 in total. 8 for us 3 for Plymouth ;)

No more than 5.

He proved last year that he's still nervous in front of goal, and I'm sure he will eventually be ousted for starting lineup when injured/new players arrive. He may have scored around 8 pre-season but this was against poor teams and these fixtures are nothing more than fitness games. 

Cant believe some of you have been duped in by these games and think he should be starter..... 

15 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Assuming he stays fit all year and you had to bet your whole wealth...how many goals would you predict Bobby to score in the league. 

His great pre season form is encouraging but how will team selection and coming up against better defenders than the mediocre lot we have played so far affect your prediction ?

The real question is Bobby good enough for the championship??...I don't believe so.

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

The real question is Bobby good enough for the championship??...I don't believe so.

Think he might just suprise a few this year. 

Seems a few people have felt similar as me that, "this year will be the year he finally cracks it" , which more recently goes, " surely it's make or break time  bobby, now or never". 

Have always felt excited about him as footballer , convinced he possesses a natural and special something that, one day, will just click.

Really hope that click is coming and is with us.

Archived