IGNORED

Things that irritate me in football

rednotblue

12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not being able to pay on the turnstile - could easily have a contactless card reader there.

That would require un-allocated seating in whichever stands it was used in and as we all know, for our own comfort and safety, the club need to know exactly who is sitting where.

Which brings me onto.... allocated seating. It slows down everything from buying a ticket to finding your seat. I hate it.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

That would require un-allocated seating in whichever stands it was used in and as we all know, for our own comfort and safety, the club need to know exactly who is sitting where.

Which brings me onto.... allocated seating. It slows down everything from buying a ticket to finding your seat. I hate it.

Is it not within the ability of a software designer to allocate a spare seat when the contactless payment is made? 

Totally agree with you on allocated seating and big brother knowing all.......

When Man Utd fans say they have had a terrible time over the last five years because they havent won the title.

When Arsenal fans moan after finishing top four for over a decade. 

When sky sports repeats the same news story three times in an hour about meaningless premier league news.

In summary I hate what the prem has become.

1) The number of tin-pot clubs in the PL these days, when you have historically larger clubs in the lower leagues.

2) Transfer fees and wages

3) No more indirect free kicks for obstruction

4) The lack of uncontested drop balls, and when a contested drop ball is awarded how no one seems to realise that there is no law which states it has to be a 1v1 - you can have as many players contesting the drop ball as you like! I want to see some broken shins FFS!

That new-ish rule where goalkeepers get to choose which side to take goal kicks from really annoys me - it gives teams another opportunity for time wasting (another bugbear of mine).

My list goes on: diving; players pulling their socks up above their knees; refs not dealing with blatant shirt pulling in the penalty area during corners; parachute payments; players taking the ball into the corner to time waste...

I'd better stop before I work myself up into a rage.

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

The offside rule.....why? if an attacker gets goalside of a defender that's the defenders fault, so why give a free kick to the defending side ?.

Defenders are supposed to defend the goal not the refs ?

Refs that blow the whistle too early ............................ known as premature adjudication

Commentators SHOUTING, commentators in general actually

Sky's head always being up the Premier league and footballers' ars*holes (worth every penny, etc etc when they clearly aren't)

Referees, don't agree? wait til probably the first game..

shite there are too many to mention

9 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

1) The number of tin-pot clubs in the PL these days, when you have historically larger clubs in the lower leagues.

2) Transfer fees and wages

3) No more indirect free kicks for obstruction

4) The lack of uncontested drop balls, and when a contested drop ball is awarded how no one seems to realise that there is no law which states it has to be a 1v1 - you can have as many players contesting the drop ball as you like! I want to see some broken shins FFS!

couldn't disagree more with this, clubs should be there on merit. Just because Leeds were big in the 1960/70's doesn't give them the right to be in the Premier League

Archived