IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v FC Twente pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He's set to become a hero and will be revered for years to come

They will write about him and talk of him

Been on the end of three crosses already

IMG_2019.JPG

sorry - better apologise - dont wish to offend anyone - before Im accused of being Religousist or something 

:blush2:

Im roman catholic and i find this Incredibly offensive mate....................................not

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

IMG_2019.JPG

sorry - better apologise - dont wish to offend anyone - before Im accused of being Religousist or something 

I find it LifeofBrianist.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A few notes from the first half..

Been relatively easy work for us thus far but a few comments on players who've stood out.

A few nicely taken free kicks. One of which being the goal.

Twente are poor. Maybe we're just trying a bit harder but we're far the superior team.

Diedhiou - busy; industrious like baldock/agard. Physicality of brooker but far more technical. Will do well when up and running. Other players need to learn his runs and visa versa. Will be a fans favourite.

Reid - confident. Full of tricks and turns. Lots of cute passes and touches. If he keeps this up he'll have a great season. This pre season purple patch has done him lots of good.

Pack - assured. Dictated tempo. Didn't give ball away much despite a few low percentage pass attempts. Will be a key player this season.

Brownhill - promising. Not sure if he's a winger. Would like him alongside pack. Creative and good vision on the ball.

Smith - ok. Gave the ball away a few times. Doesn't look as assured as pack. Physical and busy.

Hegeler - lots of time on the ball. Some great passes and bursts through defence. Won't be able to have that much time in the league but could be a great ball playing defender.

Pisano - looks pretty good. Think our fans will like him. Some nice link up with Brownhill on that right hand side. Orr comparisons are accurate.

Theyre about 2 weeks behind in terms of preseason and (according to commentary) its a youngish side. 

Partly forced because of finance I think.

Twente have put in a few late/lheavy challenges so not very friendly at times, I'm impressed with Eros and Reid, in fact we are playing well with positive passing of the ball ( not having everything having to go through Tomlin). Baker just paraded on the pitch at HT

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

IMG_2019.JPG

It's a joke. No problem at all. 

Just now, RedM said:

Twente have put in a few late/lheavy challenges so not very friendly at times, I'm impressed with Eros and Reid, in fact we are playing ok with positive passing of the ball ( not having everything having to go through Tomlin). Baker just paraded on the pitch at HT

In a nutshell there mate. That will be a major difference next season IMO.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

I counted 28 at Kick Off, but another two or three then turned up. So, err. 28 plus 2 or 3.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I counted - 37. Expected a boisterous following like Ajax!

I know I made a faux pas with adding on a thread a few days ago

(3 players ages combined being nearly 100, was 106)

But I am fairly sure 28 + 2 or 3 isn't 37.

Unfortunately I ran out of fingers so can't check.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I know I made a faux pas with adding on a thread a few days ago

(3 players ages combined being nearly 100, was 106)

But I am fairly sure 28 + 2 or 3 isn't 37.

Unfortunately I ran out of fingers so can't check.

I was about to remind you :P

Archived