IGNORED

Millwall game - Kick Off time (Merged)

Red Army 75

28 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I remember lee Mathews scoring a last min pen to beat millwall. Their fans ripped out half the old e.e, before it was shared. Must have been late 90s earlyn2000s?

Wasn't there building work going on round the ground and they pulled apart the scaffolding , or may have been City. That was a crazy night 

2 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

When the park end was open & the away end (late 1980's?) I'm sure I remember Dolman A block sending wooden seat Frisbees into the Millwall fans. It was pandemonium before & after. Have I imagined this?

A vivid memory. I can remember thinking why are you smashing up your own seats? Toxic day. 

7 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

When the park end was open & the away end (late 1980's?) I'm sure I remember Dolman A block sending wooden seat Frisbees into the Millwall fans. It was pandemonium before & after. Have I imagined this?

No you didn't !!.i was there what a day I'd just left the Blackhorse as they turnt up!.in the ground was potty.i stood up all game if you get my drift .on htv news they showed a skip being filled with all the wooden seats pool balls coins.yet there's no rivalry haha!

10 hours ago, daored said:

Wasn't there building work going on round the ground and they pulled apart the scaffolding , or may have been City. That was a crazy night 

It did happen. I got caught in the crossfire after the game, crouched down the other side of the wall of the park as bottles and bricks flew over my head. There was a house on the road which had scaffolding around it as it was being renovated, the garden wall was dismantled by City fans to use as ammo. I always wondered if the wall coming down was a help or not to the house owner! The next season  the match was a noon KO and all the local shops were boarded up in preparation, looked like we were getting ready for Huricane Millwall.

And yes loads of seats were thrown out of the Dolman that day, you could see for ages after the new wooden seats that were put in were a different colour to the old ones they replaced.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Just seen this quote n a Millwall forum re kick off times etc. I did laugh!!

Sir MO

If we played on the moon it be changed to Jupiter

Read more:  http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=124781&posts=12#ixzz4oDWQaeyg

Ha ha . Some of them think there London gangsters. 

On 28/07/2017 at 10:40, Carey 6 said:

Be great if the club refused. Cardiff home games have been ruined atmosphere wise the past two seasons cause of this.

Who's to say it's not the club wanting the change not the police :fear:

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Just seen this quote n a Millwall forum re kick off times etc. I did laugh!!

Sir MO

If we played on the moon it be changed to Jupiter

Read more:  http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=124781&posts=12#ixzz4oDWQaeyg

Gosh, they're hard aren't they!

One of the Millwall lads claims Harry Roberts is his hero.

Perhaps, and I'm assuming the poster is a bloke, he'd like to explain to my sister and her best friend when at Primary school why this is the case.

My sister's best friend lost her daddy when she was a toddler. She never saw him coming home from primary school. Never remembers having a holiday with him. Why? Because her dad was shot dead by a criminal. That criminal is now out of prison.

I doubt if Harry Roberts wants to be a hero to someone.

I wish I hadn't clicked onto that link. 

19 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

One of the Millwall lads claims Harry Roberts is his hero.

Perhaps, and I'm assuming the poster is a bloke, he'd like to explain to my sister and her best friend when at Primary school why this is the case.

My sister's best friend lost her daddy when she was a toddler. She never saw him coming home from primary school. Never remembers having a holiday with him. Why? Because her dad was shot dead by a criminal. That criminal is now out of prison.

I doubt if Harry Roberts wants to be a hero to someone.

I wish I hadn't clicked onto that link. 

City fans used to sing that song back in the day. Thankfully we moved on in about 1978 unlike some.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't imagine the Kick off time will be changed.

The electronic advertising hording was saying the game was a 3pm Kick off last night, if it was still TBC I'd guess it would have said so.

You've probably got a letter in a drawer somewhere that says you'll be getting food vouchers and a personal account manager to sort out any issues, stat. Look how that turned out.

On 28/07/2017 at 21:09, Cider red said:

I remember lee Mathews scoring a last min pen to beat millwall. Their fans ripped out half the old e.e, before it was shared. Must have been late 90s earlyn2000s?

March 2001.

I think there were 3 or 4 red cards. Was certainly an atmosphere that evening, pouring down too.

Why should it be moved from 3pm anyway? It's not a local derby, yes there is a certain risk of trouble but isn't that the case vs quite a few sides?

Surely the game can't be changed (without VERY good, specific reason) within 3 weeks of kick off?! 

This could have been done at any time since mid June, if needed. To leave it this late would be very, very poor. 

My 10yr old is one of the Mascots for the Millwall game. I've received the itinerary and tickets etc. but I'm wondering what happens if it's changed to a noon kick off? I agree with @Bar BS3, 3 weeks is too late to make such a change.

7 minutes ago, Oops said:

My 10yr old is one of the Mascots for the Millwall game. I've received the itinerary and tickets etc.

Alternative itinery will apply:

Mascots to report to Spanish Bar at 10.30am, baseball caps and full Stone Island kit to be worn. 'wall arriving at 11 - kick off expected soon after

Archived