IGNORED

Millwall game - Kick Off time (Merged)

Red Army 75

Dolly is correct I am on leave.

i am trying to find out from work if this is happening and I understand a request was made to both the league and millwall from Bcfc to consider a 1200hrs kick off.

i am told Bcfc are awaiting an update from millwall

i do understand the frustration this has caused so close to the day of the match and I remain hopeful that an agreement can be made soon 

26 minutes ago, JulieH said:

i am trying to find out from work if this is happening and I understand a request was made to both the league and millwall from Bcfc to consider a 1200hrs kick off.

i do understand the frustration this has caused so close to the day of the match and I remain hopeful that an agreement can be made soon 

Why would bcfc request a early kick off? I thought it was normally the police?

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

So, can this only happen if both Millwall and the police agree?

I hope one or other, or both, refuse. 

Understandable request, 6 weeks ago. To do it now would be a terrible decision! 

At present me and two others are due at TM at 1243 so train tickets from London will need to be rebooked of KO is moved to midday. Will not be happy if this is the case especially if as looks as if city may be behind it.

Also what will happen with the Millwall fans who have presumably booked return trains from about 6pm already? I guess some of them will love the thought of 3 hours post match to "enjoy" Bristol. 

10 hours ago, JulieH said:

Dolly eh? Does she call you Jules? :whistle:

• Admin
1 minute ago, JulieH said:

No she calls me Julie, colleagues call me jules amongst other things.

chased again this morning so fingers crossed a final decision can be sorted asap 

Genuinely concerning that 18 days before the event it is still even up for discussion

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe @AdamB could comment on why the club requested it as part of his SLO capacity :P

It was a discussion rather than a request. From a fans' perspective 12noon is never ideal, I understand that (but you also have to consider safety factors, etc). Here's hoping the game goes without issue!

Adam

12 minutes ago, AdamB said:

It was a discussion rather than a request. From a fans' perspective 12noon is never ideal, I understand that (but you also have to consider safety factors, etc). Here's hoping the game goes without issue!

Adam

What specific knowledge/intelligence did the club have that guided this discussion/request?

Why was the club better placed to make this proposal than Avon and Somerset Police/the local Safety Advisory Group?

26 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

What specific knowledge/intelligence did the club have that guided this discussion/request?

Why was the club better placed to make this proposal than Avon and Somerset Police/the local Safety Advisory Group?

I don't think putting intelligence on to a public forum is sensible.

The Millwall fixture is quite clearly high risk and the original discussion came from the Police to us as to whether it could be moved to a midday kick-off. We discussed it with Millwall, which we would have to do before putting an official request into the EFL, but Millwall didn't want it changed at all (understandable at this late stage, it would seriously affect supporter travel), so it remains a 3pm kick-off.

Adam

With respect @AdamB, Bristol City football club, the police and any other interested parties knew the date of the match since the fixtures were published in June. Do I understand that any requests can be made prior to this for special reasons, so perhaps the club had even longer than this? 

Unless any specific intelligence has come to light since there is no reason for it to be moved, but you saying 'Here's hoping the game goes without issue' doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. It seems like we can't move it now but fingers crossed hey, which I think many fans won't find acceptable.

16 minutes ago, AdamB said:

I don't think putting intelligence on to a public forum is sensible.

The Millwall fixture is quite clearly high risk and the original discussion came from the Police to us as to whether it could be moved to a midday kick-off. We discussed it with Millwall, which we would have to do before putting an official request into the EFL, but Millwall didn't want it changed at all (understandable at this late stage, it would seriously affect supporter travel), so it remains a 3pm kick-off.

Adam

I'm not sure that clarifies much. @JulieH gave the impression it came from the club. You now suggest it came from the police. It all feels a bit confusing and like somebody somewhere isn't being totally up front. Our supporters weren't even made aware of the potential for change - this only came to us via Millwall alerting their supporters.

40 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'm not sure that clarifies much. @JulieH gave the impression it came from the club. You now suggest it came from the police. It all feels a bit confusing and like somebody somewhere isn't being totally up front. Our supporters weren't even made aware of the potential for change - this only came to us via Millwall alerting their supporters.

Fully - believe  @AdamB and the Club on this

Archived