IGNORED

Its getting harder to believe our manager

The quality of this thread - particularly even starting it - goes to show that some so called 'fans' can only ever see the negative in anything the club does ...

Aren't the whole team - Lee included - trying their best to build a squad of players to deliver the best results we all want!

Never in business should any crucial deal be discussed until it is a done deal!

Can all the negative 'commenters' get a life and look for the positives and trust the club to do their very best!

I for one am looking forward to the season and seeing how well we can actually do on the pitch!!

54 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

First we were told by Little Lee that there had been no bust up between  himself and Tomlin even though it leaked out of the dressing room to the contrary.

We are now being told that there has been no bids for Aiden Flint but we today see the signing of Nathan Baker who will join Bailey Wright,  Aiden Flint Horder Magnuson and Taylor Moore.

Personally I think little Lee's nose is starting  to grow.

Words can not express how boring and repetitive I find your posts. Ssssssssssnore! 

Just now, Denbury Red said:

Can all the negative 'commenters' get a life and look for the positives and trust the club to do their very best!

Ah yes a Newbie.  You will learn in due course Sir what OTIB is all about.

It may state 'newbie' on the forum - but re-class that as someone who only quotes when frustrated with others!  Been registered on OTIB for many years - just not bothered to make entries when they don't really seem worth it!!

first match 1968, Season ticket holder for 40+ years and still travels over 200 miles round trip for home games!

Been there, done it and got the tee shirt!!

2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

It may state 'newbie' on the forum - but re-class that as someone who only quotes when frustrated with others!  

Apologies, I shall officially re-class you as the silent majority. Either way welcome aboard and may you soon be as frustrated as the rest of us since us patients took over the asylum.

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Double post because I'm seeing everything in pairs

Good god, I was just about to do some work then!

That's a fair old pair of top bollox! :w00t:

What were we discussing? I seem to have lost t rack. ;)

Oh yeah, trusting Johnson..

image.png.15fb12100d4f69cf7082c163073fead0.png

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

First we were told by Little Lee that there had been no bust up between  himself and Tomlin even though it leaked out of the dressing room to the contrary.

We are now being told that there has been no bids for Aiden Flint but we today see the signing of Nathan Baker who will join Bailey Wright,  Aiden Flint Horder Magnuson and Taylor Moore.

I'm not president of the Lee Johnson fan club or even a member but this sort of junk is pathetic.

Nobody with any sense would expect him to spell out everything that is happening at the club. That would be like Field Marshall Montgomery sending the D Day plans to dear Adolf in May 1944.

So stop being so stupid!

@Tomarse is it possible to have a "bellend" icon on the new list of options..?

Is there actual evidence of a bust up.... I am not sure. Arguments certainly but not sure the extent. Plainly Tomlin is a troubled soul and it is noteworthy that few if any of our squad have "wished him well" since he left. It is clear that Tomlin was in fact a bad apple, perhaps thought too highly of himself. LJ defended him to be fair and gave him ample opportunities to be successful. Tomlin let him down. To recoup our £ on him was good business. 

The stories on Flint, who knows what bids have been made. But it is clear, at least to me, that he is up for sale and will be sold for the right price. Again, I would have no issues with Flint being moved on. Love the guy but the most overhyped CB in the division. 

I am not LJ's fan but it is a new season and for me he starts with a clean slate. The club have backed him to the hilt and so should we...

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed, anyone who uses childish terms has lost credibility before they have started.

And to think some people on here say 'little Lee' is an affectionate term! 

I think when he was a player, it was. He was a young man then, always looked a bit younger than he was and obviously his stature. 

Now he's a manager and it's clearly an attempt to try and undermine his authority. 

:facepalm:

I'm not Johnson's biggest fan he's got a bit to do to win me over. However, I think there are certain topics that need to be kept private. If he said Tomlin was disruptive and we wanted rid, his price would reflect that. 

As far as I'be heard nobody has said there has been an official bid for Flint or any other player. Plus it's wise to bring on players before selling

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Alternatively they are preparing and doing there business anticipating him going....if so clever on LJs part.

Agreed. Clearly the baker signing wasnt decided upon this morning and just happened in a couple of hours and it seems to me that the flint/ an other centre back bid coming in is a matter of time now after the baker signing was confirmed. Im not convinced it is very clever of lj to plan for that to be fair, seems like common sense to me? Im not happy with lj in general, but clearly he is obliged to play his cards close to his chest regarding transfers until they actually complete so not sure what the o.p expects lj to say when he is asked?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Not at all, we should delight in and celebrate the wonders of our world.  I played Monopoly with her once in the garden and every time she landed on Community Chest the neighbours came out for a look.

Whoops, I may be in the poop.

Why the snake thingy my beloved ?

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not president of the Lee Johnson fan club or even a member but this sort of junk is pathetic.

Nobody with any sense would expect him to spell out everything that is happening at the club. That would be like Field Marshall Montgomery sending the D Day plans to dear Adolf in May 1944.

So stop being so stupid!

Why then is Koeman at Everton happy to say the Barkley has zero chance of playing for the club again ? Has it affected Barkleys valuation ........ probably not.

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why can't people manage to say anything positive about Lee without prefacing it with "I'm not his biggest fan, but..."?  Is it that difficult just to voice a positive opinion, without having to qualify it with a little bit of negativity?    

I don't necessarily see it as a negative being labelled towards LJ, but more a reflection of the attitudes on here sometimes that sees any defence of Lee as akin to loudly proclaiming yourself president of the Lee Johnson fan club.  I think it's just essentially saying "You're talking bollox and before you accuse me of being in love with him, I'm not...I'm just pointing out you're talking bollox and showing that I can be balanced in my view" if that makes sense.

Likewise, I don't see why people get so uppity about LJ being referred to as Little Lee.  I actually am a fan of his and I've often referred to him as Little Lee almost his entire career with us both as a player and head coach.  I certainly don't see it as an insult....but that may be because I'm a fellow short arse I guess.

41 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Is there actual evidence of a bust up.... I am not sure. Arguments certainly but not sure the extent. Plainly Tomlin is a troubled soul and it is noteworthy that few if any of our squad have "wished him well" since he left. It is clear that Tomlin was in fact a bad apple, perhaps thought too highly of himself. LJ defended him to be fair and gave him ample opportunities to be successful. Tomlin let him down. To recoup our £ on him was good business. 

The stories on Flint, who knows what bids have been made. But it is clear, at least to me, that he is up for sale and will be sold for the right price. Again, I would have no issues with Flint being moved on. Love the guy but the most overhyped CB in the division. 

I am not LJ's fan but it is a new season and for me he starts with a clean slate. The club have backed him to the hilt and so should we...

Very sensible post.

Archived