IGNORED

ICYMI Rucksacl/Large Bag ban at AG

39 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

In case you missed it, City has introduced a ban on all Rucksacks and large bags being taken in to the Gate this season. Only exception (to be officially confirmed) is for disabled supporters, particularly wheel chair users. 

To be confirmed? When I wonder? Just late enough for most people not to know about it before next week I expect. 

I'll take my normal bag. They never look anyway. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I was told this last night at the game by a steward so I assume it's true. Would be useful to ensure the message is widely spread before the first home game.

A bit of a pain but I can understand the reasoning.

I can understand the reasoning too.

Lack of communication is the issue. If they already know this ban will be in place, it should be made clear on the website, on twitter, on here and when purchasing tickets.

• Admin

Providing somewhere to leave a bag, is surely as much as a security risk, if you are leaving a bag, it would have to be searched before you could put it in a cloakroom, causing queues and delays and importing risk.  Easier to ban all bags, regardless of size.

26 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Lack of communication is the issue. If they already know this ban will be in place, it should be made clear on the website, on twitter, on here and when purchasing tickets.

Absolutely - something like this needs to be communicated properly to ensure everyone knows. I hope they're going to provide storage for people who forget/are unaware.

18 minutes ago, 42nite said:

What are the dimentions of a 'large' rucksck?

Anything big enough to conceal a bomb I suppose!

Seriously I expect any bag that is designed to be strapped to one's back will qualify,

Why are people concerned with this though ?....................it's football - beer money, fags, ticket ,phone, all that goes in your pocket.  That's all you need. Carrying anything else is a distraction.

I get , and understand the reasoning . I just hope they have really talked this through, and have all relevant staff  up to speed and aware of the limits and sizes etc.

Women can have large handbags which could easily hold the same as a rucksack, also bowling bags/small holdalls are carried but aren't ruck sacks. 
I personally follow @CodeRed's rules , but plenty don't have that option. I can see chaos ensuing on opening day.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolutely - something like this needs to be communicated properly to ensure everyone knows. I hope they're going to provide storage for people who forget/are unaware.

Exactly. My nipper requires waterproofs for him and his wheelchair, extra blankets in winter and other personal items. Would be nice to know which bag shapes, colours and fabrics are permitted to hold such items. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Exactly. My nipper requires waterproofs for him and his wheelchair, extra blankets in winter and other personal items. Would be nice to know which bag shapes, colours and fabrics are permitted to hold such items. 

No need to worry, the OP says they will make exceptions for wheelchair users.

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

In case you missed it, City has introduced a ban on all Rucksacks and large bags being taken in to the Gate this season. Only exception (to be officially confirmed) is for disabled supporters, particularly wheel chair users. 

No large bags?

I best leave the missus at home then 

3 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I get loads of promotional emails from BS regarding everything except important/relevant information like this.

Archived