IGNORED

Season Cards....

42nite

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not true - I know of a number of people who have had new season cards (myself included) no details / seats etc changed

7 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

This is not my experience in the last 2 years -nothing changed but a new season card sent

complete opposite to my and my group's experience so I stand corrected, but I thought the whole reason we had season cards was so we didn't have to replace them every season, 

I've had 3 since the cards came into exsitance,

One for the east end where you were treated worse then criminals trying to get in,

one for the williams in the standing section 

one for the south stand which I've had for a while (i Think I got a new one when they changed the ticketing system again but I can't remember) 

But I went on the ticket site to check and all the matchs have been loaded to my existing card,

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I thought the whole reason we had season cards was so we didn't have to replace them every season, 

Agree @Monkeh I wasn't expecting to get a new card - not really sure why I have, some friends also haven't had a new card

Guess I'd better bring both with me on Saturday

Just now, Monkeh said:

you will only get a new card if you've moved seats,

if you have just renewed it will be loaded onto the existing card

Don't think I'm the only one who has received a new card and absolutely nothing has changed! But the club has added  extra turnstile numbers that  I can enter by on my new card, although I was able to use any turnstile in the"U" last season, maybe that's the justification for sending me a new card.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree @Monkeh I wasn't expecting to get a new card - not really sure why I have, some friends also haven't had a new card

Guess I'd better bring both with me on Saturday

Just ordered 34 replacement cards as I will not pay a tenner for a new one @AdamB @Mkelly if my card stops working you will have to provide someone from supporter services too let me in. and if you want too charge for the toilets you will get the same email from me their Ryanair CEO got "fine I'll piss on my seat"

11 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Just ordered 34 replacement cards as I will not pay a tenner for a new one @AdamB @Mkelly if my card stops working you will have to provide someone from supporter services too let me in. and if you want too charge for the toilets you will get the same email from me their Ryanair CEO got "fine I'll piss on my seat"

Wait...what?

It's a bit early to be this pissed surely! What on Earth are you talking about?

@phantom

Fans who have purchased a season card for the first time, have opted to change seat for the new season, have moved up an age category, or have upgraded to become a season card PLUS member will receive a new access card ahead of the season kick-off. 

That may explain it, if you upgraded to a "plus" card then you'd get a new one, I guess its the same if you've Downgraded from plus

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

@phantom

Fans who have purchased a season card for the first time, have opted to change seat for the new season, have moved up an age category, or have upgraded to become a season card PLUS member will receive a new access card ahead of the season kick-off. 

That may explain it, if you upgraded to a "plus" card then you'd get a new one, I guess its the same if you've Downgraded from plus

Nope - exactly the same seat as the past few seasons, already a PLUS member - definately something odd that some people are getting replacements and not others

51 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Sorry but why should the club pay the extra cost if you loose your season ticket? It's your responsibility!

In my work if I loose my work card I pay for a new one...

Just now, Selred said:

Sorry but why should the club pay the extra cost if you loose your season ticket? It's your responsibility!

In my work if I loose my work card I pay for a new one...

Read the link. I think you will find that it is not just lost and just for info having paid a large sum re income for a ticket I expect access no matter how dull/stupid/daft I have been :P

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Couldnt help but notice the time you posted this, problems sleeping? :gaah:

Not at all, in fact I had a lie in that morning and posted it at 09.18.

The time  when posting this reply will be 20.37 precisely.  

I am in Thailand, 6 hours ahead of GMT or British Summer Time or whatever you're on at the moment.   :thumbsup:

Checked with ticket office today (using Skype... very cheap) and as advised by helpful people on OTIB, last seasons card has been loaded with next seasons games, so thanks for the help OTIB.

No panic on my behalf, but as any ex-pat might testify, getting things at home sorted from other countries can be tricky. 

Nice one OTIB, thanks.  :clap:

2 hours ago, reddoh said:

Read the link. I think you will find that it is not just lost and just for info having paid a large sum re income for a ticket I expect access no matter how dull/stupid/daft I have been :P

Nonsense. Try buying tickets for any event/attraction/venue, lose them, refuse to pay a penny extra and see how many you get into..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Nonsense. Try buying tickets for any event/attraction/venue, lose them, refuse to pay a penny extra and see how many you get into..! 

I am not arguing about lost I am arguing about card failing to work. A big difference and if it is faulty/shoddy workmanship I'm F'd if I am going to pay a Bill and Ben.

I'm in the 'nothing changed but got new card group' . 5 of us sit together and the only difference was when we moved to the lower Lansdown a mate organised all the tickets, where this year we renewed separately. I got a new SC they didn't. 

Gotta love our club ain't yah 

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm in the 'nothing changed but got new card group' . 5 of us sit together and the only difference was when we moved to the lower Lansdown a mate organised all the tickets, where this year we renewed separately. I got a new SC they didn't. 

Gotta love our club ain't yah 

I reckon it's to do with the on-line account the ticket's ordered from. Last season ordered by your friend, this season via a different supporter id, the computer system might count that as a change (even if it shouldn't). Maybe that's why some of the others on here are getting new cards for the same seat?

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I reckon it's to do with the on-line account the ticket's ordered from. Last season ordered by your friend, this season via a different supporter id, the computer system might count that as a change (even if it shouldn't). Maybe that's why some of the others on here are getting new cards for the same seat?

Perhaps, but not for me. Nothing has changed.

Same online method of renewal as every previous year . Same BS account, same PC, same everything!

Same inexplicable!

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Nice theory but , two Others mates have renewed themselves and no new ticket.

4 hours ago, reddoh said:

I am not arguing about lost I am arguing about card failing to work. A big difference and if it is faulty/shoddy workmanship I'm F'd if I am going to pay a Bill and Ben.

Of course not. If it doesn't work then it's not something you have to pay extra for. 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 07:11, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve not had a new one but nothing has changed for me although it seems some in the same situation have had new ones sent. No idea what`s going on really - I just won`t leave it until the last minute to go in next Saturday.

how many seasons before you get membership plus, perhaps that's the reason some people have been issued with new cards.

I noticed this morning, that when I logged into the Bristol Sport tickets website, I noticed my address was down wrong. My season ticket was a gift from somebody else and instead of '75 ******** Lane' (where I actually wanted it sent), it read '1 ********* Court' which is on the same lane but much further down. I went and asked the people who live there if they have any post of mine and 'no' was the answer. So I've then called Bristol Sport Supporter Services and the lady on the phone said: She's going to re-print my Season Card and another ticket for the Villa home game for a friend, & said I'll have to collect these from the Ticket Office before the Barnsley game this Saturday. I also purchased my Birmingham Away ticket this morning and was told that should be sent to my actual address as they've now corrected my address.

I can imagine that there's going to be huge queues at the Ticket Office on Saturday, so can anyone recommend how long before the game I should arrive to pick my Season Card up please? I was thinking an hour but I'm not too sure.

5 hours ago, JaydenLee37 said:

I noticed this morning, that when I logged into the Bristol Sport tickets website, I noticed my address was down wrong. My season ticket was a gift from somebody else and instead of '75 ******** Lane' (where I actually wanted it sent), it read '1 ********* Court' which is on the same lane but much further down. I went and asked the people who live there if they have any post of mine and 'no' was the answer. So I've then called Bristol Sport Supporter Services and the lady on the phone said: She's going to re-print my Season Card and another ticket for the Villa home game for a friend, & said I'll have to collect these from the Ticket Office before the Barnsley game this Saturday. I also purchased my Birmingham Away ticket this morning and was told that should be sent to my actual address as they've now corrected my address.

I can imagine that there's going to be huge queues at the Ticket Office on Saturday, so can anyone recommend how long before the game I should arrive to pick my Season Card up please? I was thinking an hour but I'm not too sure.

I had similar last season when mine hadn`t arrived by the Thursday before the Wigan game so had to have it cancelled and reissued. I thought I`d be queuing for hours but in the end just rocked up and it took five minutes.

Archived