IGNORED

Best roof mounted bike rack Thule system.

14 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Thule Aero Bars + 591 Pro Ride for me.

What do you like about the Pro Ride (thanks for the part number - I'll look it up)?

Is that one hub secured, and is hub secured 'best'?

Ta.

tfj

On 01/08/2017 at 09:12, Taxi for Johnson said:

What do you like about the Pro Ride (thanks for the part number - I'll look it up)?

Is that one hub secured, and is hub secured 'best'?

Ta.

tfj

I like it because I can lift the bike up to the clamp and just twist and its in place within seconds so no faffing around.  I have two of them so just as a precaution I strap the two together so they couldn't even fall off should I really hammer it around a corner!  I actually forget they are on the roof most of the time.. which is great as long as you don't forget too much and head to a multi story carpark. 

I'm not sure I follow re hub.  I wouldn't leave the bikes on the car and wonder off if that's what you mean. 

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I like it because I can lift the bike up to the clamp and just twist and its in place within seconds so no faffing around.  I have two of them so just as a precaution I strap the two together so they couldn't even fall off should I really hammer it around a corner!  I actually forget they are on the roof most of the time.. which is great as long as you don't forget too much and head to a multi story carpark. 

I'm not sure I follow re hub.  I wouldn't leave the bikes on the car and wonder off if that's what you mean. 

I've seen some other Thule racks where the front wheel is effectively bolted to the rack by the front hub (you have to take the front wheel off).

It might be more secure, but it means having to take the wheel off, which partly defeats the object.

Think I'll go for the Pro Ride - cheaper than the hub ones too.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Tomarse, you have actually helped me.

tfj

Archived