IGNORED

Sound of the City (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

• Admin

Whilst he said he wouldn't talk about other clubs' players, I'm sure in the past he has said if we aren't in for one, after all it hardly unsettles their player to say we aren't trying to sign them. So with that in mind I'm taking it as proof we are still negotiating for Ripley.

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Dare i say it, he sounded quite good. No complaints there, and its nice to hear about Kelly being close to first team ready. Side stepped the Ripley question well, there was more than a hint of "We'll see" about it.

I thought the same. If there was absolutely no interest in Ripley LJ could have said so, without contradicting himself regarding his earlier Arry Redknapp comment.

Thought he came across really well last night. Feel more positive about the season after listening to him.

For me it's clear Engvall won't be here much longer. For LJ to say he's had a long chat with him this week, and then went on to say he picks players purely on quality rather than any personal preferences. Add that to the amount of times LJ has not used him in a matchday squad is only going one way IMO..

Caught up on this today. Thought Johnson came across well, then again he always does in my opinion.

Reading between the lines it sounds like he'd be happy to let Engvall leave if the right offer came in, but in the meantime he will feature.

Big season for Matty Taylor - think he sees Taylor and Diedhiou as first choice. From that interview I wouldn't be surprised if another striker comes in as he's clearly a bit concerned about injuries.

Interesting panel of guests on afterwards.. did I mishear or did one of them seem to think that Everton or a team of similar stature might make a massive offer for Aden Flint?! :blink: Bizarre

21 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Interestin to see Marlon regards Joe in such high regard. Hopefully we'll see him in a more consistent fashion this season having a year at LB under his belt.

Is Marlon upset that Joe has refused his Invitation to dinner?

Archived