IGNORED

Media Officer Vacancy

MetzRed

Anyone looking for a career change...

http://www.mediargh.com/media-content-officer-vacancy-bristol-city-football-club-bristol

Media Content Officer Vacancy @ Bristol City Football Club (Bristol)

Salary: £21,000 - £25,000

Bristol City Football Club is looking for a Media Content Officer to deliver all content for their matchday programme and to assist in the development and delivery of all social media channels.

Bristol City Football Club is the largest professional football club in the South West, playing in the Sky Bet Championship at its newly-redeveloped home, Ashton Gate Stadium. Bristol City Football Club is part of a group of sports companies owned by Stephen Lansdown. The Bristol Sport Group also includes Bristol Rugby Club, Bristol Flyers Basketball, Bristol City Women's Football and Bristol Ladies Rugby. The group also includes Ashton Gate Limited which is the company that operates the venue.

We require someone who has ideally worked in a football/sporting environment in a similar role. We are looking for someone who has excellent written and verbal skills and who presents themselves professionally at all times. We are looking for someone who can drive passion and innovation in all areas of their work and represent the club with pride.

Main responsibilities:

• Production of content for club match day programme
  • Produce written news stories for the club's website on a daily basis
  • Conduct interviews in an audio-visual form for the programme and BCTV
  • Keep the club's social media channels up to date
  • Generate new ideas/concepts to keep the club's output relevant and exciting for fans
  • To act as media liaison and reporter on all football matchdays

This role is full time and requires you to work all football matchdays, home and away. This will include evening and weekend games during the football season. You are also required to drive the media vehicle, so a full clean driver’s license is essential.

Please click here to apply via the Bristol City Football Club careers website.

There are definitely people on here who think they could do a better job than the current lot. Your opportunity to put all your hard hitting questions directly to LJ:

• Is Flint going anywhere?
  • Can he handle a maverick? 
  • Is the fact he's built one of the tallest squads I can remember a result of his short man syndrome?
  • Which species of Triassic bantersaurus is he descended from again?
  • What does he think of Spanish claims on Gibraltar?

Yeovil have a good media team, mentioned on the local news today. Apparently they are causing big interest in how they are announcing their new signings, countdown, football manager style and by using a drone. They were praised for their fresh new ideas. Maybe we should headhunt one of their team to shake us up a bit?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yeovil have a good media team, mentioned on the local news today. Apparently they are causing big interest in how they are announcing their new signings, countdown, football manager style and by using a drone. They were praised for their fresh new ideas. Maybe we should headhunt one of their team to shake us up a bit?

One of them was actually part of City's media team a couple of years ago! 

1 hour ago, MetzRed said:

There are definitely people on here who think they could do a better job than the current lot. Your opportunity to put all your hard hitting questions directly to LJ:

• Is Flint going anywhere?
  • Can he handle a maverick? 
  • Is the fact he's built one of the tallest squads I can remember a result of his short man syndrome?
  • Which species of Triassic bantersaurus is he descended from again?
  • What does he think of Spanish claims on Gibraltar?

If the club match day programme had content resembling some of that, I would be looking to buy it occasionally (going forward)......

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Their head media man was released by us...

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Yeah Bristol City really do pay crap money compared to other jobs in the industry.

I'd be really tempted by this myself if it wasn't so low (relatively speaking of course).

That's media for you. If you're on more than £20k in most media jobs you're on decent money, especially outside of London. 

There are a lot of jobs that pay this sort of salary.  If you're a younger person, the salary isn't too bad, and I imagine it's quite cool. Better than Banking, which is what I'm in!

More to a job than money.  Learn useful skills than could enable you to freelance on the side etc.

Media Officer ?  .... I guess that's similar to director of communications ?

Theres one chap I know of that we could go for, an American currently unemployed...

Scaramucci, Scaramucci can ya do the fandango ?  just been fired by Trump after TEN DAYS in the job! ffs, what's going on in the US? 

Anthony Scaramucci forget the US ... come to US .   ;) 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There are a lot of jobs that pay this sort of salary.  If you're a younger person, the salary isn't too bad, and I imagine it's quite cool. Better than Banking, which is what I'm in!

More to a job than money.  Learn useful skills than could enable you to freelance on the side etc.

And you probably get to see every game for free and have a parking space at AG!

15 hours ago, MetzRed said:

Anyone looking for a career change...

http://www.mediargh.com/media-content-officer-vacancy-bristol-city-football-club-bristol

Media Content Officer Vacancy @ Bristol City Football Club (Bristol)

Salary: £21,000 - £25,000

Bristol City Football Club is looking for a Media Content Officer to deliver all content for their matchday programme and to assist in the development and delivery of all social media channels.

Bristol City Football Club is the largest professional football club in the South West, playing in the Sky Bet Championship at its newly-redeveloped home, Ashton Gate Stadium. Bristol City Football Club is part of a group of sports companies owned by Stephen Lansdown. The Bristol Sport Group also includes Bristol Rugby Club, Bristol Flyers Basketball, Bristol City Women's Football and Bristol Ladies Rugby. The group also includes Ashton Gate Limited which is the company that operates the venue.

We require someone who has ideally worked in a football/sporting environment in a similar role. We are looking for someone who has excellent written and verbal skills and who presents themselves professionally at all times. We are looking for someone who can drive passion and innovation in all areas of their work and represent the club with pride.

Main responsibilities:

• Production of content for club match day programme
  • Produce written news stories for the club's website on a daily basis
  • Conduct interviews in an audio-visual form for the programme and BCTV
  • Keep the club's social media channels up to date
  • Generate new ideas/concepts to keep the club's output relevant and exciting for fans
  • To act as media liaison and reporter on all football matchdays

This role is full time and requires you to work all football matchdays, home and away. This will include evening and weekend games during the football season. You are also required to drive the media vehicle, so a full clean driver’s license is essential.

Please click here to apply via the Bristol City Football Club careers website.

The stand-out candidate has to be Aizoon.

Is there an age limit???

tfj

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hardly overpaid is it :blink:

A lot of work and hours for that money 

I'll give,it a miss :yawn:

Thats right, buddy, sit at home on benefits with your fags and sky TV.

Jesus - the club are giving you a hand-up and this is how you thank them??

:igiveup:

tfj

You say it's not a lot of money (and it's not), but there are plenty of people working in similar jobs that are getting paid less than that. A lot of call centres also handle social media complaints for large accounts, and many of those guys are lucky to be pushing £18k. 

The big problem they'll face is getting someone that "knows" football, and has enough experience and rope to be able to do a good job of it.

Archived