IGNORED

Monaco - how to run a football club

Richard Head

I wouldn't call having six scouts in the Paris area, and owning a Belgian second tier club to use as a feeder as being too limited, but I accept that with FFP an Oligarch owner isn't the only way to run a club with tiny attendances, and they are clearly getting something right.

29 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I wouldn't call having six scouts in the Paris area, and owning a Belgian second tier club to use as a feeder as being too limited, but I accept that with FFP an Oligarch owner isn't the only way to run a club with tiny attendances, and they are clearly getting something right.

OK, when I said limited resources I meant in terms of crowds. What they have done is use the revenue from selling players on to Improve the infrastructure of scouts, buying another club etc. Let's call it wise investing. The club was clearly on its uppers when it was bought for one euro by the current owner.

36 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And when we try and do the same things people kick off and talk about how you don't sell your better players if you ever want to be successful....!

True, and I for one have never been critical of the club's current policy of signing young players to develop. Let's hope SL is aware of the other aspects of Monaco's success. He certainly should know something about investing money in his other life.

Archived