1 hour ago, RedDave said:

If it isnt this I will be surprised:

Fielding

Pisano     Flint   Wright  Bryan

Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson

Reid

Diedhiou

Subs: Lucic, Magnússon, Moore, Golbourne, Hegeler, O'Dowda, Engvall

I don't reckon anyone has predicted a first XI and bench from Johnson yet but this is a safe bet surely. 

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

I don't reckon anyone has predicted a first XI and bench from Johnson yet but this is a safe bet surely. 

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

No disagreement with starting XI but believe we could see Hinds instead of a defender on the bench.

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

£10 says that's not it. 

Fielding

Reid

Diedhiou

You're probably right, however, I would much prefer to see Brownhill in the centre in place of Smith with cod and pato on the wings. Think brownhill and reid could link up well and give us a bit extra creativity to our attack

5 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Brownhill is better in the middle. So he's in and Smith out. Then O'Dowda on the left and Patterson on the right. Simple. City 3 Barnsley 0.

4 minutes ago, WSMRobin said:

You're probably right, however, I would much prefer to see Brownhill in the centre in place of Smith with cod and pato on the wings. Think brownhill and reid could link up well and give us a bit extra creativity to our attack

From what I saw of COD last year I think he'd be better deployed from the bench on Saturday.  I think it's a big season for him though - he needs to score a few goals, let's say 5 would be a good haul for him.  I like him but I think he needs to be looked after a bit, at times last season he looked a little as though he was trying a bit too hard...if that makes any sense at all.

Brownhill in the middle is a good shout though.

I refer back to reading at home last season. We played a slick counter attacking style with brownhill through the middle which was effective against one of the best sides in the division, just need to play for 90 minutes instead of 70. Anyway, I think with reid and the wingers we could get a fair bit of joy adopting this style. Can't see many teams coming to AG and 'parking the bus'

Just now, Thatch35 said:

Problem is there are no goals in that team. Reid playing in behind is just a stop gap...but he misses more than he scores. Smith....thought he was the answer to right back end of last season....:laugh:, no goals there too.

Massive pressure on Diedhiou...can it be third time lucky City have a 20 goal striker in the Champ?

Hopefully Reid is taken off and Engvall gets a good run out to prove his worth.

People saying this game should be a win....I see City holding he ball but not creating much. Will miss Tomlin badly.

apart from Diedhio, Paterson, Flint and Pisano there's no goals in that team

Before we get too carried away with Pisano s goals 

(Like the attacking side of him and he may surpass his 'average' )

He averages a goal / 14.5  games over his career

So 3 / 4 a season (Not knocking that - every little helps)

My hope is Famara gets on fire and for a surprising contributor (COD ?)

12 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Diedhio will hopefully be the next 20 goal hero...still to prove anything yet. Flint.....not a regular scorer...relying on a centre back! Pisano....eh?

1 So you agree the whole midfield hasn't contributed much in the past.

2 City's pre-season was against woefull opposition.....shock to system on Saturday when the fun starts.

Oh forgot to add...yeah Paterson the 20 million player who barely played last season. He was just a product of LJ's desperation in changing formation and players to try and win.

1 the whole midfield haven't contributed enough since 2010

2 We've had a good pre-season playing good football, but Pre-season means nothing, have you looked at Barnsley's pre-season tho? They've lost to Grimbsy Huddlesfield and Rotherham, and lost all their good players without being replaced, 

Paterson was being kept out of the side by Tomlin, thankfully Johnson realized Tomlin brought nothing to the team and reinstated Pato (which coincided with our best run and us pulling away from danager)

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Says it all that you have listed 2 defenders in that list.

not really, they are both goal scoring defenders, I've pointed out that there is goals in that side,

I'd rather us not coincide stupid goals like we have been doing for the last 2 seasons, 

Archived