IGNORED

Press conference

View from the Dolman

30 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Always wondered why Flint has never captained us, in my own opinion he's probably the most obvious leader we have 

Based on what? Shouting at people now and then?

A lot more needed behind closed doors & on the pitch to be captain. There must be a reason he's never been captain under multiple managers. 

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

If there are doubts over Đurić and fitness why risk him this weekend when we have options?

He must be near enough ready. With all of the technology these days . I'm sure it's not a risk. If he can stay fit it will be like a new signing. And he offers us something different. Hopefully the new wilbs . But better 

I bought a programme for the Twente game, in it there is a media diary calendar for the next couple of weeks. Every Wednesday 'Pre-match Press' is listed, seems they are going to do these instead of the usual Thursday now. And if we have a game on a Tuesday Press day is the day before.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure why people think Flint not being captain means he's off.

Don't think he's a role model type of guy that's required to be captain necessarily, Bailey Wright seems to be a model pro.

That wasn't what I was saying PF. Just that if Flint does stay it means it's one of Baker and Bailey. Bailey being captain - to me - suggests it's a case of Bailey and Baker being the partnership, not competing for the same spot. 

Just now, RedM said:

Flints not wanted to be captain has he? Are people saying because Bailey is Captain that means he's going to be a regular starter and Baker has come here to play, so it seems like there is no place for Flint perhaps?  @Phileas Fogg

That's how I see it. Quite nice balance to that pairing, hopefully a more mature and experienced Baker will get injured a bit less and show his quality. Wright is only a bit older now than Flint was when he joined so plenty of time to improve. Think it's quite a promising first choice pairing. With Magnússon and Hegeler in reserve it's quite a nice group to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

So basically its his agent wanting a bigger payday for Flint and himself..

Which is understandable.

What pisses me off is the bullshit that Flint comes out with the other night to @RedM about how it's not in his hands and acting all mopey. 

Why pretend it's not what you want when it's clearly what you want as you indicated it to the club months ago !

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

That wasn't what I was saying PF. Just that if Flint does stay it means it's one of Baker and Bailey. Bailey being captain - to me - suggests it's a case of Bailey and Baker being the partnership, not competing for the same spot. 

Flint has been almost first choice pick for past 3-4 seasons but been captain for one game. IMO he doesn't want it.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Oh I didn't mean you, for what it's worth I'm almost certain Flint will be going; but not for that reason.

I don't think he's captain material necessarily and as others have said seems to prefer not to have the responsibility of being captain. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh I didn't mean you, for what it's worth I'm almost certain Flint will be going; but not for that reason.

I don't think he's captain material necessarily and as others have said seems to prefer not to have the responsibility of being captain. 

Would be difficult for him to captain us from Birmingham.

:whistle2:

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Flint has been almost first choice pick for past 3-4 seasons but been captain for one game. IMO he doesn't want it.

That might be because LJ doesn't see him as captain material. Obviously Wilbs was the prefect choice but after him, only LJ knows.

Archived