IGNORED

If Bryan were to go......

headhunter

I'll confess to not being his greatest fan - bags of ability  but not consistent enough and coasts it far too much when compared to the commitment of, say, Wright & Flint.

If he does go would it really be such a great loss?

We ARE covered at Left Back by Icelandic International Magnússon and then there is the very average but not total carp Golbourne and I must say youngster Lloyd Kelly didn't look out of place on Friday.

Bryan is in a comfort zone, a bit like Skuse was - a move would do him good.

• Admin

I was a big proponent of the "Magnusson at left back" movement last season when we were on that run of losses as I felt we would do well to be very solid at the back.

However, Joe Bryan (& maybe Lloyd Kelly in the future) is hugely important to the way LJ wants to play and with the exception of Lloyd Kelly who we don't know enough about, there isn't anyone at the club who could fulfil the attacking requirements of the role.

If Joe did leave then we will have to bring in a replacement, maybe a loan whilst we blood Kelly.

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I was a big proponent of the "Magnússon at left back" movement last season when we were on that run of losses as I felt we would do well to be very solid at the back.

However, Joe Bryan (& maybe Lloyd Kelly in the future) is hugely important to the way LJ wants to play and with the exception of Lloyd Kelly who we don't know enough about, there isn't anyone at the club who could fulfil the attacking requirements of the role.

If Joe did leave then we will have to bring in a replacement, maybe a loan whilst we blood Kelly.

My thoughts exactly!

The effect of him going would be less than the impact he'll make at the next club, should he move on.

For that, we should keep him. He's got the attributes and can only get better in my opinion.

If he goes, it must be for silly money as we don't have to sell and I'd like to think he doesn't want to go.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Why would a move do him good? Keep reading it on here. Why him and not other players?

I think, if you look at it objectively, there's a logic to that.

He's an academy boy, grown up here, family here, knows the club, knows the fans etc.. He's clearly a player with potential but I think his development has stalled a bit over the last season or two. After promotion, I would've predicted him to do a bit better than he has done. I'm sure he'd agree.

From an outward perspective, perhaps a change of scenery and a fresh challenge would do him good. Bristol could easily become a bit of a comfort zone if he's not careful and perhaps to push on he would need a move.

I hope that doesn't happen though and he fulfils his potential this season.

Archived