IGNORED

City Vs Plymouth - League Cup (Merged)

reddogkev

1 hour ago, Hughie Green said:

Seems strange that the Argyle tickets are only £10 and City £11. Surely a first for away fans to be charged less than home fans. Great prices though and should mean that there are plenty in the away end to create a good atmosphere.

Opportunity Knocks for them.

I'd think LJ will give a few players one minutes tomorrow night and would be fine with that. I'd like to win every game as much as the next person but there are players who will need minutes. This is what I'd go with:

Lucic, Vyner, Wright, Baker, Kelly, O'Dowda, O'Neil, Pack, Paterson, Engvall, Reid

Fielding, Hinds, Bryan, Magnússon, Smith, Diedhiou, Brownhill

Gives Baker and Wright some minutes together. It also gives youth a chance but with experience around them. Still a team that can and probably should win. Enough in the bench to change the game as well

On 8/4/2017 at 14:18, phantom said:

Settled on the night - using the new ABBA style shootout should it be required

When LJ asks  who wants to take a penalty,  will Frankie say " take a chance on me"!

Not looking like a big crowd for this one! Bit of a shame, Argyle have sold around 2k tickets so far which is impressive.

Living in Plymouth I'll be making the trip up with them! Hopefully a few turn up on the day but by my reckoning it looks like we have sold about 8k tickets so far , disappointing given ticket prices, our start and the fact its the school holidays!

Plymouth always travel well here, imagine they'll be a loud and vociferous following.

They're a handy side and we'll need to be on form.

We should have enough to beat them, but they'll be really up for this and could easily cause an upset.

I predict only a couple of changes from the weekend, hope Engvall gets some minutes though.

3 hours ago, Hughie Green said:

Seems strange that the Argyle tickets are only £10 and City £11. Surely a first for away fans to be charged less than home fans. Great prices though and should mean that there are plenty in the away end to create a good atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Opportunity Knocks for them.

I mean that most sincerely

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'd think LJ will give a few players one minutes tomorrow night and would be fine with that. I'd like to win every game as much as the next person but there are players who will need minutes. This is what I'd go with:

Lucic, Vyner, Wright, Baker, Kelly, O'Dowda, O'Neil, Pack, Paterson, Engvall, Reid

Gives Baker and Wright some minutes together. It also gives youth a chance but with experience around them. Still a team that can and probably should win. Enough in the bench to change the game as well

I'd hope they get longer than that :whistle:

Good shout about Wright and Baker, I think LJ may keep a strongish side just to keep a little momentum. It depends if Đurić is ready , we don't have many options up front. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brownhill given a run CM with Oneil and ODowda coming in, Golbourne maybe Vyner . Don't think he'll risk 2 young FB's at the same time. Engval should start ,  hard to make too many changes as I don't think it will be an easy game.
Going to miss it thanks to work changing my shifts, would have liked to see Engval after a successful loan.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am thinking along similar lines. Agree with giving Wright and Baker some playing time together. I'd probably have O'Neil playing Pack's role tomorrow and keep Smith in. And possibly rest Paterson - Brownhill to stay on the right, and O'Dowda  to play on the left. 

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

I am thinking along similar lines. Agree with giving Wright and Baker some playing time together. I'd probably have O'Neil playing Pack's role tomorrow and keep Smith in. And possibly rest Paterson - Brownhill to stay on the right, and O'Dowda  to play on the left. 

I toyed with a back 3 to fit Magnússon in but it doesn't really help form the partnership. Maybe, and I know it doesn't seem likely, Mags starts at LB? That would be the only way he would get 60+ minutes for me. Paterson, Smith, Pack and Brownhill I would rest all if we had options but don't think we do and can add Reid and Diedhiou to that. So some have to play. 

27 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I knew you would  but reckoned  you have to be at least as old as me to understand it. :yes:

Possibly not. That is the whole extent of my knowledge on the matter. I best change my name now as I have run out of catchphrases.

Anyway, back on topic. Looking forward to the game tomorrow I just have to organise a lift @Spoons

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Not looking like a big crowd for this one! Bit of a shame, Argyle have sold around 2k tickets so far which is impressive.

Living in Plymouth I'll be making the trip up with them! Hopefully a few turn up on the day but by my reckoning it looks like we have sold about 8k tickets so far , disappointing given ticket prices, our start and the fact its the school holidays!

A 10k crowd overall isn't bad for the first round of the pointless cup mind.

We only had 6k against Premier League Palace in 2013/14 in the second round.

48 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Funny how we're their cup final. They're all buzzing for it on Twitter.  

Could you be more condescending? Argyle have had very little to enjoy over the last 6 years in the bottom division. If the roles were reversed would City only be taking a few hundred as it is not their 'cup final'?

Argyle always travel in numbers as do City and both should be applauded, not belittled.

If City take 2,000 to Cardiff, Swindon, Wolves etc... are they 'cup finals'?

Remind me at what point City got so MASSIVE that you developed a superiority complex?

Just now, Hughie Green said:

Could you be more condescending? Argyle have had very little to enjoy over the last 6 years in the bottom division. If the roles were reversed would City only be taking a few hundred as it is not their 'cup final'?

Argyle always travel in numbers as do City and both should be applauded, not belittled.

If City take 2,000 to Cardiff, Swindon, Wolves etc... are they 'cup finals'?

Remind me at what point City got so MASSIVE that you developed a superiority complex?

Cardiff- A derby.

Swindon- An easy to get to local(ish) game

Wolves- Easy to get to side against a bigger side. Though we tend to travel well to anywhere West/Central Midlands or London.

Plymouth- A club we once had a promotion fight with over a decade ago, over a hundred miles away.

Hmm, I wonder why we might travel better to the first 3 clubs....

Archived