IGNORED

City Vs Plymouth - League Cup (Merged)

reddogkev

On 8/6/2017 at 13:19, Septic Peg said:

Perhaps Downsy could play this as penalty music?

You're welcome...

Shouldn't this go in the dustbin thread? In the privacy of your own bedroom OK, but out in the public domain on social media? FFS :gasmask:

James, thanks for your reply but I think you may have missed the point I was making.

I wasn't criticising City's support to those grounds. I was highlighting that I don't see the need to belittle the fact that Argyle are potentially bringing 2k tomorrow night.

You do however highlight that given that the teams I quoted are local (ish) in football terms to City you can expect to travel in numbers. Hence the Argyle support. Believe it or not City is local for Argyle.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Funny how we're their cup final. They're all buzzing for it on Twitter.  

City v Plymouth is a west country derby and crowds both home and away have always been good for the fixture for many years.

I can well imagine Plymouth fans are buzzing at the prospect of visiting a redeveloped AG, their first visit to south Bristol in 7 or 8 years.

Other than Exeter I'd imagine we're their next biggest fixture.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

City v Plymouth is a west country derby and crowds both home and away have always been good for the fixture for many years.

I can well imagine Plymouth fans are buzzing at the prospect of visiting a redeveloped AG, their first visit to south Bristol in 7 or 8 years.

Other than Exeter I'd imagine we're their next biggest fixture.

They took 1200 to Posh on Sat, after a few years out of L1. It's a long way - but every trip is long for them - but I thought they might take more than that. Tue night, reasonably meaningless game... 1,000 or so, I'd say. Be a bit strange if they brought more here, even though it's nearer. But you're right, the crowds have been good between us - 25,000 there in 86 when they finished second in the Third. Big club, the WC's second biggest for sure. Strangely, I like them, despite the rumbles against their boys in the 80s. Something reassuringly clotted cream about them.

2 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

They took 1200 to Posh on Sat, after a few years out of L1. It's a long way - but every trip is long for them - but I thought they might take more than that. Tue night, reasonably meaningless game... 1,000 or so, I'd say. Be a bit strange if they brought more here, even though it's nearer. But you're right, the crowds have been good between us - 25,000 there in 86 when they finished second in the Third. Big club, the WC's second biggest for sure. Strangely, I like them, despite the rumbles against their boys in the 80s. Something reassuringly clotted cream about them.

They have sold 2k so far apparently

15 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

12 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

They have sold 2k so far apparently

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Pretty poor IMO

not really its a cup comp most city fans have little or no interest in, add the fact that its unlikely to be city's league first team on show and its easy to see why not many city are going,

as for Plymouth easy to see why they want to come to the new gate after a few years at most of England poorer grounds and the fact that they think they can win given our record most of the time in this cup,

8 hours ago, Hughie Green said:

Seems strange that the Argyle tickets are only £10 and City £11. Surely a first for away fans to be charged less than home fans. Great prices though and should mean that there are plenty in the away end to create a good atmosphere.

I understand they have sold something like 1700 tickets which is not bad at all. They seem to consider the us and the Gas major rivals which isn't really reciprocated.

Sadly there will be a lot of empty seats in the home sections - I wish the club would make season tickets include Cup games. 

Also, are we happy that we are likely to see a second string XI out there tomorrow? I'm not. 

Not that we'll be alone I'm sure - but if clubs feel the need to do that then perhaps it's time to reevaluate if two domestic cup competitions and a 46-game league season are the best format.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Shouldn't this go in the dustbin thread? In the privacy of your own bedroom OK, but out in the public domain on social media? FFS :gasmask:

I think it's in there already a few times plus a few other 'numbers' he's re-worked and recorded...

Hats off to Argyle. It's a near 2 hour journey to Bristol, then normally another couple+ to their away fixtures.

Good numbers attend most away games , obviously far fewer than the 'massive' Sags followings, but good nevertheless. Know a couple of theirs, decent lads.

Always a good away game for us too. Cherry Tree anyone? Struth, was only looking for a quiet pint! 

Think they will embrass us a bit with their turn out tomorrow. Let's hope it's not another Cardiff of the early 70's.

If you can afford it, and you really don't have anything on PLEASE go. We can't have those yokel muppets mocking our crowd, out shouting us and calling us dirty northern Barstards all night. After all, EVERY manager changes his team for these games and it makes sense. We have players who need to play and a big game on Saturday.

COYR

Will be fascinating to see what attendances and teamsheets are like across the board compared to Saturday.

There will be some absolute joke away followings too - Swindon at Norwich, Newport at Southend on a Tuesday and not even in pursuit of league points.

Yep, the more I think about it the more I feel like this cup is not worth the candle any longer. Were it not for the European place allocated to the winners it would've died off years ago.

27 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

If you can afford it, and you really don't have anything on PLEASE go. We can't have those yokel muppets mocking our crowd, out shouting us and calling us dirty northern Barstards all night. After all, EVERY manager changes his team for these games and it makes sense. We have players who need to play and a big game on Saturday.

COYR

Well said and remember it's just a tenner anywhere in the ground... gonna be embarrassing if we have only 4 to 5,000 scattered around 3 stands.

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

COYR

I'm not sure I can afford it, but considering finding a way to be able to go!

This cup is genuinely one of the only times I might be able to afford a game this season. I miss my season ticket :sad26:

22 hours ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Not much else to to on a Tuesday night I'll be going as it's £11 and get the chance to see Gustav get a hatrick :ph34r:

Said it before, but my first rude footie song was about Tommy Tynan - something about his being 'the meanest' and a horse :whistle:

He got a hatrick on `Boxing Day, but Bobby Hutch and @steviestevieneville got doubles in a 4-3 win.

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm not sure I can afford it, but considering finding a way to be able to go!

This cup is genuinely one of the only times I might be able to afford a game this season. I miss my season ticket :sad26:

I get you James , and as you are a keen Red and make sacrifices to go

I will pay for your ticket, and bus fare  if you want to go

If you pm me we can  work out how to get the money to you 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And if you're in Kingswood(ish) I'll drop you home.  I'm going straight from work, literally change, bundle Joe in the car, and off, or else I'd offer to pick you up too, but I'll be pushing it anyway.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Truly generous offer BBSB, cannot thank you enough.

I'd like to respectfully decline. I should be able to manage the money side, just need to cut back on unnecessary spending in other areas (like going to the cafe to use wifi access OTIB!).

Once again, thanks for the offer.

@Davefevs you might not get off so lightly, I live right behind Kingswood high street, so if I go I may have to take you up on that.

Again, thanks to both for the offers, true gents.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Truly generous offer BBSB, cannot thank you enough.

I'd like to respectfully decline. I should be able to manage the money side, just need to cut back on unnecessary spending in other areas (like going to the cafe to use wifi access OTIB!).

Once again, thanks for the offer.

Ok mate - just pm'd you

Thanks for the message and I respect your decision - you've clearly battled through a lot and proved you can bounce and your own response says a lot about you

i respect your spirit and what you've overcome

Please though DONT not go tomorrow night - have a think , and reconsider 

I'm lucky that the ticket price won't impact on me as it would On yourself and will leave you a couple of quid to stay online ;)

Plus - if @Davefevs kind offer is helpful you get the bonus of meeting Dave & Joe :thumbsup:

#CityFamily

See it as a OTIB award / reward ;)

(Mainly for keeping the fire off me !!! ;) )

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ok mate - just pm'd you

Thanks for the message and I respect your decision - you've clearly battled through a lot and proved you can bounce

I'm lucky that the ticket price won't impact on me as it would On yourself

PM'd back.

Offer truly appreciated, but will only take you up on it if I have no alternative. 

We don't always agree, but you are clearly a knowledgable poster, but frankly most of the time if my posts get heated it is in part annoyance at myself- I struggle to translate my thoughts into written words, which then gets- wrongly- put onto the person I disagree with.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

PM'd back.

Offer truly appreciated, but will only take you up on it if I have no alternative. 

We don't always agree, but you are clearly a knowledgable poster, but frankly most of the time if my posts get heated it is in part annoyance at myself- I struggle to translate my thoughts into written words, which then gets- wrongly- put onto the person I disagree with.

I said before - I see a lot of 'you' (traits) in myself  ;)

:whistle:

Not very well worded but you know what I mean :laughcont:

Never lose the passion ;)

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ok mate - just pm'd you

Thanks for the message and I respect your decision - you've clearly battled through a lot and proved you can bounce and your own response says a lot about you

I'm lucky that the ticket price won't impact on me as it would On yourself and will leave you a couple of quid to stay online ;)

Plus - if @Davefevs kind offer is helpful you get the bonus of meeting Dave & Joe :thumbsup:

#CityFamily

The poor sods!

Archived