IGNORED

The cheek of Flint...

EmersonsRed

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And we believe everything that LJ/the club says do we?

The naivety of people on this forum astonishes me at times.

We're about to lose probably our most important player at the club. Of course the club have to put some kind of spin on it.

Spin? We don't have to sell? LJ stuck by him last season, howler after howler. So I don't think it's Johnson with the problem. 

1 minute ago, Benni said:

So you don't believe that Lee decided to sell Flint a long time ago?

Reading between the lines the club decided to sell Flint when his agent made it known he'd like to explore opportunities elsewhere.

Not sure how people can then attack the club based on that....

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. Calling him a "good lad" is outrageous and outright vicious.

Are you wholly sure you aren't just trying to find a reason to make it LJ's fault.

I like Flint and don't begrudge him a move if he really wants one but, if he is not committwd to the cause, he has to take responsibility for that.

Flint has not had his head turned, Lee has wanted him away for some time now. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And we believe everything that LJ/the club says do we?

The naivety of people on this forum astonishes me at times.

We're about to lose probably our most important player at the club. Of course the club have to put some kind of spin on it.

Interesting.. you clearly know a bit more than most about what happens at AG. 

Anything you can reveal? Surely LJ can't actually want rid of Flint?!

1 minute ago, Benni said:

I expect we bought Baker when finding out Flint would be interested in exploring other options, better to get someone in then leave us in another Kodjia situation at the end of the window, if anything its smart work. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Reading between the lines the club decided to sell Flint when his agent made it known he'd like to explore opportunities elsewhere.

Not sure how people can then attack the club based on that....

So it's better to "read between the lines" than knowing what happened? A good one, keep it up :laughcont:

Just now, Benni said:

So it's better to "read between the lines" than knowing what happened? A good one, keep it up :laughcont:

I'm confused. So you're saying it's not true that Flint's agent made it known to the club some time ago that they wanted to discuss a move elsewhere?

6 minutes ago, Benni said:

Think back to Nicky Maynard.

If the player is still under contract it doesn't matter if the club want to sell and what fee is offered, if the player doesn't want to go he stays put.

If the club wanted to sell Flint I presume that they have to tell the player he is being made available. If Flint didn't want to leave he only has to say thanks, but no thanks, and he stays for the remainder of his contract.

Accordingly, I believe that this whole saga started with the player/his agent. The club has acted quickly and sensibly to address the loss of a key player by bringing in a replacement and avoiding what happened last year, when Kodjia left and we had no time to get in a replacement.

I'm sure I speak for the majority of us mere mortals with no inside information when I say....

If you want to criticise people who don't know with patronising comments, actually share what you do know.

There's nothing more irritating than 'I know something you don't know' and then refusing to elaborate. If you're not prepared to talk about what you do know then why be part of the discussion?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm sure I speak for the majority of us mere mortals with no inside information when I say....

If you want to criticise people who don't know with patronising comments, actually share what you do know.

There's nothing more irritating than 'I know something you don't know' and then refusing to elaborate. If you're not prepared to talk about what you do know then why be part of the discussion?

all these rumours only appear when a manager is disliked, it happened with Cotts at the beginning it happened with McInnes, it happened with SoD, its as if people have an agenda

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I just ignore it. Nothing more boring than ' you haven't got a clue what's going on, I have, but not going to share it ' How can you even discuss it? Pointless!

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I just ignore it. Nothing more boring than ' you haven't got a clue what's going on, I have, but not going to share it ' How can you even discuss it? Pointless!

the other point is if lee is desprate to get rid wouldn't he accept any bid rather then wait for one that matchs the clubs valuation 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

all these rumours only appear when a manager is disliked, it happened with Cotts at the beginning it happened with McInnes, it happened with SoD, its as if people have an agenda

I'm not doubting that there is a lot more that goes on at a club than the average fan knows, but **** me it's boring when people just have a go at you for not knowing inside info but then refuse to actually discuss it. 

I have no problem in any player wishing to move on for more money, if indeed that is the case here. We all know that contracts are not worth the paper ther're written on, and loyalty only exists when it is convenient.  But I grow tired of the 'short career' nonsense. My heart does not bleed for them  

Footballers are not the only people who have 'short careers', in fact most professional sports men and women have them. The average professional footballer is paid significantly better than the average cricketer or rugby player (of either code), while golfers and tennis players don't earn at all unless they progress in their tournaments, and they pay their own travel and hotel bills. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm not doubting that there is a lot more that goes on at a club than the average fan knows, but **** me it's boring when people just have a go at you for not knowing inside info but then refuse to actually discuss it. 

Notice it's never inside information about how good the club is run either or how great the squad get on. It's always a negative thing they know. They love the gossip more than the football 

9 minutes ago, Benni said:

Flint has not had his head turned, Lee has wanted him away for some time now. 

I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive. As others have said elsewhere, Flint was a virtual ever present last season where we had three central defenders we could have legitimately picked instead. I do not see that as evidence LJ does not rate Flint.

On the other hand, I find it plausible that LJ has been aware for some time Flint is not wholly committed to the cause and has decided it is time to plan without him. And - whilst this is wholly speculative - I find it plausible that Flint has found rumoured interest from West Brom, Burnley or even at one point Chelsea has turned into only a concrete bid from Birmingham and Flint now feels the club planning without him no longer want him and he has been cut adrift.

None of this is necessarily a criticism of LJ or of Flint. LJ need not be dishonest about Flint having his head turned for Flint to feel unwanted.

But it is a simple fact in any walk of life that someone who is committed and keen can easily make themselves indispensable. If someone gives the impression they want out, they can quickly find their manager feels the same.

i think you are seeing conspiracy where there is merely cause and effect.

I'm actually quite impressed how we've handled the situation. Get a replacement in (arguably better all round game) before we sell. We hold all the cards. Offer what we want or **** off. 

Watch us sell Bryan now.......

#Johnsonout ( I feel I'm being too positive)

31 minutes ago, Benni said:

You don't know what happened though. I find it plausible you might have some insider info but what you will have is one person's account and that is always going to be spun or interpreted a particular way. Unless you happen to be the closest confidant of BOTH LJ and Flint then it is nonsensical to presume you have the full picture and understand both sides.

17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I have no problem in any player wishing to move on for more money, if indeed that is the case here. We all know that contracts are not worth the paper ther're written on, and loyalty only exists when it is convenient.  But I grow tired of the 'short career' nonsense. My heart does not bleed for them  

Not sure anyone feels sorry for Flint. But it is natural that someone who has a very lucrative career for 15 years is going to seek to maximise his income for that period. He's not a City fan. Why should he be loyal to his employer any more than any of us should be if somebody offered to double (or whatever) our wages. 

1 hour ago, Benni said:

It is amazing how Lee Johnson has managed to get supporters against Aden Flint. LJ's quote today is simply pathetic and an attack on a player who has always given 100% for the club. 

Are you the same Benni who seems to be a Cardiff City supporter on Twitter?

I'm not sure its the 'cheek' of Flint that ***** me off with this - i have no problem with him wanting to try a new challenge elsewhere or earn more money (if money is what motivates him). What gets to me is the suggestion that it's his agent that has 'turned his head' by another club.  Clearly the agent is only looking to cash in on Flints status. Agents are scum ruining this game.

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You don't know what happened though. I find it plausible you might have some insider info but what you will have is one person's account and that is always going to be spun or interpreted a particular way. Unless you happen to be the closest confidant of BOTH LJ and Flint then it is nonsensical to presume you have the full picture and understand both sides.

God I've missed you. 

Archived