IGNORED

The cheek of Flint...

EmersonsRed

1 hour ago, Lympsham Red said:

With all due respect, I can't help but feel you've overreacted here. Firstly, as many others have said, it's not just Birmingham who are rumoured to be interested in him and who knows what his agents are plugging. Secondly, Birmingham are a team that've been in the Prem, who have a high-profile boss and high-profile players, and could arguably have a decent season - you never know. I don't think the fact that he's having his head turned due to a substantial chance of earning more money is "cheeky" at all. That's football.

Are you actually from Lympsham, fella?

Can you settle an argument? 

Do you ALL have webbed feet??

Cheers,

tfj

1 hour ago, windmillhillred said:

If he's being offered substantially more money for doing his job in a short career I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem (assuming he doesn't criticise City when he leaves). Birmingham are a bigger club, and if they struggle but he does well he'll get plenty of exposure from the Redknapp love in to progress further. 

Bigger club?

Averaged less than us last season, ground isn't as good as ours & I doubt their Chinese owner is as rich as SL.

They may get more publicity due to the lazy Sky/Harry connection but they aren't a bigger club.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bigger club?

Averaged less than us last season, ground isn't as good as ours & I doubt their Chinese owner is as rich as SL.

They may get more publicity due to the lazy Sky/Harry connection but they aren't a bigger club.

Right at this moment we are probably in a better position than them, but the size of a club surely has to include it's history as well?

In that respect Birmingham are a bigger club than City, the same way as Aston Villa are a bigger club than Bournemouth, or Leeds are bigger than Swansea.

Two things here.

Firstly IMO the full backs have been the only problem with our defence.

And secondly and far more importantly, I really cannot see the problem here, this is part of 4 or is it 5 pillars in full action, buy young and cheap and sell at the top of the market but with the benefit of the player being already on a long term contract, win/win?.

I really think he should go with our full blessing if that's what he wants, he has been a hero for us in his time here and never given less than 100%, there are a few players who should take note of that for future reference.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Right at this moment we are probably in a better position than them, but the size of a club surely has to include it's history as well?

In that respect Birmingham are a bigger club than City, the same way as Aston Villa are a bigger club than Bournemouth, or Leeds are bigger than Swansea.

Not for me.

I see them as an absolute nothing club. A midlands QPR, poorly supported for years, bluffers.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not for me.

I see them as an absolute nothing club. A midlands QPR, poorly supported for years, bluffers.

I think if you did a straw poll of 1000 fans from all clubs in the UK and asked them who's bigger, Birmingham would win - that's the barometer for me because there's so many variables. It's a silly debate that doesn't really mean much unless you're Man United or Real Madrid who can attract players on reputation alone and imo fans spend far too much time debating it.

I think though we are in a position to eclipse Birmingham by some margin over the next few years and I predict in 5-10 years we'll be in a better state in all aspects. 

1 hour ago, Benni said:

It is amazing how Lee Johnson has managed to get supporters against Aden Flint. LJ's quote today is simply pathetic and an attack on a player who has always given 100% for the club. 

1 hour ago, Benni said:

It is an attack on the player and a typical LJ to make people look bad to direct attention from himself. He's pathetic.

I'm intrigued to know why you have turned from defending LJ , a lot, a few months ago, to the extent where I thought you were one of the Johnson clan who sign up to this forum under various names (looks like I was wrong), to being very critical of him now?

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

The type of people I've had many arguments with. He moved here from ******* Swindon for god sakes, of course he's in it for the money!!!

I think moving from Swindon to us was understandable from a football perspective bigger club and almost certainly more money, for him to move to Birmingham it can only be for just the money, I don't buy this Birmingham are a bigger club, maybe once but definitely not now.

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I'm intrigued to know why you have turned from defending LJ , a lot, a few months ago, to the extent where I thought you were one of the Johnson clan who sign up to this forum under various names (looks like I was wrong), to being very critical of him now?

That's what I was wondering..

As Flint has had his head turned, he clearly wants to move for more cash. 

Well, Aiden, it all comes down to whether Birmingham or any other bang average Championship sideways move is willing to pay silly money for you. 

If not, keep your mouth shut and knuckle down. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And we believe everything that LJ/the club says do we?

The naivety of people on this forum astonishes me at times.

We're about to lose probably our most important player at the club. Of course the club have to put some kind of spin on it.

You said it for me :chant6ez:

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

As Flint has had his head turned, he clearly wants to move for more cash. 

Well, Aiden, it all comes down to whether Birmingham or any other bang average Championship sideways move is willing to pay silly money for you. 

If not, keep your mouth shut and knuckle down. 

Sorry CR you don't know that, this is not the first or last time a player has gone from hero to zero at this club, if he was "turned" why take him to Tenerife ?

8 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Sorry CR you don't know that, this is not the first or last time a player has gone from hero to zero at this club, if he was "turned" why take him to Tenerife ?

Because we didn't have a replacement? It wouldn't be the first time a player was told to get on with it, the Man U goalkeeper springs to mind.

Flint recently signed an improved long term contract, and played virtually every game last season, why would City suddenly want to offload him, it just doesn't make sense, if however his agent had been pushing his name around and a couple of clubs took the bait, and Flint was aware of the cash on offer...........

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Notice it's never inside information about how good the club is run either or how great the squad get on. It's always a negative thing they know. They love the gossip more than the football 

Were threads and threads to that end in Cotts L1 squad

23 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I am indeed, and I can confirm that no, neither me, my family or anyone I know in this village have webbed feet.

Thanks for that.

No offence, but it's gone down in Somerset folk law that you all had webbed feet - amongst other things, in Lympsham.

You have put it to bed, and I won't mention it again.

:hug:

tfj

7 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

:redcard:

There is no better manager at this level!

Steve Lansdown

Steve Lansdown reacted to this :clapping: 1.

Archived