IGNORED

Captain

Agard Days Night

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Bailey Wright new captain. Think it's a good decision and he will be a good leader on the pitch. 

Made me think though - is he the first BCFC captain not to be from Britain? 

Mark Shail was from Sweden was he not?

2 hours ago, Redbo said:

Still can't get over the fact Wright is only 24. What did we pay for him? £500,000k? Absolute bargain. 

He would have been more if he was 6'6" tall.

"Size matters".

;)

tfj

P.S. 4-0 to the City on Saturday ;);)

Will it be the Ian "Chappello" Chappell/ Steve "tugga" Waugh captaincy, with their "mental disintegration" approach; or Kim "blubba" Hughes/ Ricky "you ****ing Pratt" Ponting with their "strewth, all me top, top players have gone and now I'm going to look like a prize galah of a captain 'cos we are sh1te now, mate" exposed captaincy/leadership?

And will he be up all night this winter listening to TMS under his duvet, with Michael Vaughan and Swanny trying to goad Simon Mann about supporting Bristol City?

I'm glad to see Bailey Wright as captain, he seems a determined character and taciturn leader of men by example. He is a young captain and will grow into the role.

I do think he should consider retiring from internationals except for summer tournaments and pivotal qualifiers now he has this added responsibility and great honour bestowed upon him. Trips to Oz to play Vanuatu and Samoa will impact negatively on the armband. Steve Lansdown could surely use his influence to square it with Malcolm Turnbull.

I also think this decision by LJ says a lot about his plans for Korey Smith this season, wouldn't be surprised to see him leave before the end of the window.

Archived