IGNORED

Atmosphere Saturday

Red Army 75

I don't mean this as a dig, I think it will be great to have the S82 lot in amongst the rest of the support and hope it will add to the noise and spread around the rest of the ground, however, I hope they (some, not all) respect the fact that they are joining other fans, lose some of their divisive, "we do what we want" attitude and really help make the atmosphere flourish, including all other areas of the crowd, rather than act like knuckle dragging drunks who think that it's still the 1970's/80's. 

Like say, "some, certainly not all" I hope it works really well. It could & should!

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't mean this as a dig, I think it will be great to have the S82 lot in amongst the rest of the support and hope it will add to the noise and spread around the rest of the ground, however, I hope they (some, not all) respect the fact that they are joining other fans, lose some of their divisive, "we do what we want" attitude and really help make the atmosphere flourish, including all other areas of the crowd, rather than act like knuckle dragging drunks who think that it's still the 1970's/80's. 

Like say, "some, certainly not all" I hope it works really well. It could & should!

I Look forward to chanting about the Dolman being ***** on Saturday ;)

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Please explain what you mean when you say 'divisive' with reference to songs/attitude. Not having a go, just genuinely interested to know what you mean (examples if you have it) so I can pass on your comments.

3 hours ago, SARJ said:

Please explain what you mean when you say 'divisive' with reference to songs/attitude. Not having a go, just genuinely interested to know what you mean (examples if you have it) so I can pass on your comments.

We all know about past examples. I don't want to harp on about those. 

It's a genuine plea to embrace the move and make it a real positive, in ramping up the noise & support, rather than anything negative i.e.: trouble, abusive behaviour or creating a "them & us" divide amongst the home support. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

It's a genuine plea to embrace the move and make it a real positive, in ramping up the noise & support, rather than anything negative i.e.: trouble, abusive behaviour or creating a "them & us" divide amongst the home support. 

Have to say we are all city fans. And I have been stood for many seasons and seen hardly any trouble. Probably more in other parts of the ground. As for the c incident. It was the minority . And rightly condemned. Me and my son can't wait for Saturday. And we can all get Ashton gate rocking. Should be good . :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You can't walk from block to block in the new stands. You can only enter via the "exit" to each block, where I guess they'll be doing ticket checks. 

One can enter and leave via any vomitory. As of the end of last season, my ticket was never checked when entering the seating areas from the concourse. It is almost impossible, IMO, to "police" where people sit so it's up to everyone to be responsible and use only the block and seat shown on their ticket.

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I clearly don't visit the forum enough as am not aware of the examples you speak of. If you could provide a few so I can have a word with the S82 boys let me know, sure they'll be happy to accomodate.

FYI everyone I've spoke to is very keen on the new move and don't get all the negativity. There hasn't been 'proper' trouble in the Atyeo for years. From last season all I can remember is 2 Dutch lads getting chucked out. Can't see there being any issues aside from what existing people in the South Stand choose to make.

28 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I clearly don't visit the forum enough as am not aware of the examples you speak of. If you could provide a few so I can have a word with the S82 boys let me know, sure they'll be happy to accomodate.

FYI everyone I've spoke to is very keen on the new move and don't get all the negativity. There hasn't been 'proper' trouble in the Atyeo for years. From last season all I can remember is 2 Dutch lads getting chucked out. Can't see there being any issues aside from what existing people in the South Stand choose to make.

I think they were pretty much dealt with at the time, so I won't regurgitate past issues. 

I hope it's a great move that people make the most of. 

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

As long as you don't disrupt us lot in the dolman, my prawn sandwich takes priority

Don't get above yourself! We sit in the cheap, posh seats!

Fish paste sandwiches at best for us. If you want Prawn sandwiches, they are for the middle Lansdown blocks! 

36 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

It will be interesting to see what the upper Lansdown atmosphere is like being the family area now. 

To me it seems like children join in with just about every chant and are more willing to be loud, could make for good atmosphere up top!!

'my old man said be a rovers fan' ?

2 hours ago, redmycolour said:

What's the issue?look What he put us through last season, that's the issue.I still say "JOHNSON OUT".shit player, shit coach.

It's beyond parody that people keep saying this - when will they realise, whatever you thought of him as a player is irrelevant!

I genuinely think some people's opinions on Johnson the manager are shaped by their opinions on Johnson the player even if that defies all logical thought or basic reasoning. 

3 hours ago, redmycolour said:

What's the issue?look What he put us through last season, that's the issue.I still say "JOHNSON OUT".shit player, shit coach.

I think you'd be better off staying away, you bitter little shite. 

We are still in the Championship, new season, good ticket sales, new record signing.... why not see how the season goes, with an open mind and judge based on what happens..?

You talk like we have a divine right to win every game, when the truth is we are a small fish in Championship pond. 

We need supporters to support, not carry bitter, twisted, negative agendas against those who are clearly working damn hard to help us improve! 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Just hope the Atyeo end of the Dolman doesn't become a morgue. 

Why would it..? 

A & B block atmosphere has always been pretty good. 

Long before S82 were in the Atyeo and will remain so. It will Probably improve if anything. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmo said:

Can you definitely stand where you want in the singing section? I know the club says it's an unreserved area, but why have they printed the block, row and seat number on the card if that's the case?

Definitely stand were you want in the section 

11 minutes ago, Jimmo said:

Can you definitely stand where you want in the singing section? I know the club says it's an unreserved area, but why have they printed the block, row and seat number on the card if that's the case?

I'm not in that area but I guess it's just for keeping the system standardised in the system knowing the seats sold and allocated rather than having a segregated block.

Archived