IGNORED

Could it be two new forwards ?

Ashtonwurzel

We will be starting Sat with nothing but hope gained from thrashing non league teams, thankfully though against one of the poorest starters.

Lee is certainly taking a gamble imo, one that may prove costly to him and us.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Wilbs given the go ahead to sign for Bolton means we have one in the bag - IMO

Quite possible, seeing we have injuries. Wonder if it maybe a loan , we have 4 strikers when they're fit , not sure we need more permanent .

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Quite possible, seeing we have injuries. Wonder if it maybe a loan , we have 4 strikers when they're fit , not sure we need more permanent .

We def need a proven one and quick, you know just like the one who had his head turned by Bolton, maybe a little bit younger.

What have we got? one who joined late last season and is yet to hardly find the barn door let alone hit it often; another who spent most of his time loaned out, another who seems a bit sick note`ish so not many championship goals between them yet; then we move on to our new signing who we all hope is another Kod and will run the championship defences ragged.... as yet untested in this league....will be interesting to see how many that lot will get this season.

3 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

I thought he said Đurić was available for Saturday??

Sicknote with no game time gets off his bed to play a competitive champ game...............that will be interesting.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On Monday (and I won't try quote him word for word) (On Sound Of City) he indicated Đurić wa s the biggest concern and it would be a while

Yesterday he said he could make the squad for Saturday(has he even been involved in any pre season friendlies?)

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/in-brief-pre-barnsley-press-conference/

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

We will be starting Sat with nothing but hope gained from thrashing non league teams, thankfully though against one of the poorest starters.

Your persistent negativity and pessimism are familiar now, but twisting a fairly good pre season campaign into a weakness seems unnecessary.

I would be really disappointed if Engvall went. Not really given any chance has he? When on loan scored goals and scored at Cheltenham. What more can he do? The one things that still bugs me with LJ is that I don't think he is honest. Tomlin - "I am gonna build team around him", week later he is sold with suggestions of him having problems behind the scenes. Engvall - "I am bringing him back from loan, that was always the plan".... if he then goes out again, plainly LJ does not fancy him. If that is the case what a waste of time.... I don't think the players we have been linked with, Bogle and Mason are upgrades....

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Your persistent negativity and pessimism are familiar now, but twisting a fairly good pre season campaign into a weakness seems unnecessary.

It is widely agreed that pre-season games mean nothing, do you think our squad is now stronger or weaker than it was this time last year? weaker up front and weaker in defence if Flint goes; of course many hope that we will shoot up the table and steer clear of a relegation fight but its based on hope rather than anything else.

We are ready to go though according to LJ so lets go then and see.

4 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Bloody hell, what fantastic positivity. It's the start of the season. Be excited, I am, well until 5.45 on Sat eve.

5 hours ago, glos old boy said:

It is widely agreed that pre-season games mean nothing, do you think our squad is now stronger or weaker than it was this time last year? weaker up front and weaker in defence if Flint goes; of course many hope that we will shoot up the table and steer clear of a relegation fight but its based on hope rather than anything else.

We are ready to go though according to LJ so lets go then and see.

Definitely stronger in defence than it was this time last year!

Last year : Bryan, Mags, Flint, Little

This year : Bryan +1 year, Baker, Wright, Pisano

You could also argue Tammy was a bit of an unknown quantity and we could never have expected what a season he would have, as is the same really with Diedhiou.

With all that considered I'd say our squad looks stronger now than it did this time last year.

10 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Wilbs given the go ahead to sign for Bolton means we have one in the bag - IMO

You would certainly think it to be the case now-that,or its up 'shit creek yet again.

Personally think its right for Wilbs to move on IF there is adequate cover.if this isn't the case were heading for those 'Johnson out banners getting a very early airing...

Archived