IGNORED

Could it be two new forwards ?

Ashtonwurzel

7 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

He'll start with 1 up top and Reid just behind and have Engvall and maybe young Hinds on the bench. Enough cover for Saturday.  

Not convinced LJ fancies starting with 2 up front even at home.

If that's the plan,were gonna struggle-two up top at home and give Gus a run...he was signed for 1.5mil as a striker so allow him the chance to earn 'ees corn.let's be frank,if he doesn't play now(and I hope at last grasp the nettle)he never will... 

6 hours ago, asfred said:

Bloody hell, what fantastic positivity. It's the start of the season. Be excited, I am, well until 5.45 on Sat eve.

4 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Why change the habit of a lifetime.

Apologies for saying what I think, not what I`m supposed to think

37 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If that's the plan,were gonna struggle-two up top at home and give Gus a run...he was signed for 1.5mil as a striker so allow him the chance to earn 'ees corn.let's be frank,if he doesn't play now(and I hope at last grasp the nettle)he never will... 

I agree. I prefer seeing two strikers, especially when at home. Looking at last season though (when we had more strikers too), together with how pre season has gone with Reid doing so well, I think it'll be one. 

9 hours ago, glos old boy said:

It is widely agreed that pre-season games mean nothing, do you think our squad is now stronger or weaker than it was this time last year? weaker up front and weaker in defence if Flint goes; of course many hope that we will shoot up the table and steer clear of a relegation fight but its based on hope rather than anything else.

We are ready to go though according to LJ so lets go then and see.

Well if pre season friendlies don't mean anything, it doesn't really matter whether we "trashed non league teams" or beat one of the bigger clubs in Holland, does it?

And we're only weaker up front with hindsight. This time last year would you have rather placed your goalscoring hopes in an 18 year old kid who'd never started a senior professional game or a 24 year old Senegalese international who spent last season playing PSG, Lyon and Monaco? 

As for at the back, even if Flint leaves we're at worst the same as we finished last year. Pisano looks to be an upgrade on Little or Matthews and as much as I love Flint, he's certainly not a better player than Baker

9 hours ago, asfred said:

Bloody hell, what fantastic positivity. It's the start of the season. Be excited, I am, well until 5.45 on Sat eve.

5.45 - an optimist then? ! :whistle:  :)

Archived