IGNORED

Wilbraham's departure - suspicious?

Fordy62

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well said.

Re that Newcastle goal - it's one of the best headed goals I've ever seen, I think. Definitely by a City player at any rate.

Nah, Trevor Morgan's header v Chester in mid/late 80s....I'm sure he curled it! :P

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Just to back you up - your comments are 100% accurate. 

Wilbs did say Cotts was "massive" for him. 

Wilbs did say that after a conversation with "the manager" he felt "deflated" and "lost his fight". FACT. 

You don't accidentally use words like that when talking to the media. 

Ive no idea whether or not that's a dig at LJ (how could I?) but for people to disputed the fact if the words used wrong.

No you don't.  But then, what's wrong with LJ being honest with the player?  And how was Wilbs supposed to feel?  He's just been told he won't get much game time because he's down the pecking order.  Hardly going to feel over the moon.

I think the `deflated` thing could be just the realisation that after a long and successful career the curtain is finally coming down on it. After being involved in the game for probably 25 years it must be hard to see an end to that approaching. I`ve worked with many people who dreaded retirement when it got within a year or so of it happening for the same reasons.

Archived