IGNORED

Bobby or Gustav

CyderInACan

Reid "Dropping between defence and midfield". Your having a laugh. You been reading the Johnson book of tactics? Has to be more forward thinking than defensive. Needs to be in front of the midfield and able to bomb forward to support Diedhiou. He has the energy to get forward and back. The guy will score goals if the support and chances are provided. But I do like the idea of Brownhill getting forward as well. He's looking good so far. Thought Enkvall looked a bit lost against FC Twente. Was the support missing with the change of players?

9 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Reid "Dropping between defence and midfield". Your having a laugh. You been reading the Johnson book of tactics? Has to be more forward thinking than defensive. Needs to be in front of the midfield and able to bomb forward to support Diedhiou. He has the energy to get forward and back. The guy will score goals if the support and chances are provided. But I do like the idea of Brownhill getting forward as well. He's looking good so far. Thought Enkvall looked a bit lost against FC Twente. Was the support missing with the change of players?

Think he meant Barnsley's defence and midfield, at least I hope so :whistle:

11 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

Needs to be Bobby, we lost a lot of movement/zip when he went off against FC Twente (I know its only a friendly but it seemed to affect the whole team)

I think that was due to the back four keeping the ball too long unlike Hegeler and Wright who got it forward much quicker.

On current form probably Bobby.

However, if we want to improve as a team, then which of the two has the potential to develop, improve and become the better player? I strongly suspect that would be Engval, and also think he would do a good job right away, so it presents LJ with a difficult decision.

Who'd be a head coach?

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He's bound to go with Reid. Engvall to come on if we're winning for Famara.

That's an interesting point. We are all assuming it will be either Bobby or Engvall to partner Famara at one point or another during the match, lots saying both Bobby & Engvall are relatively untried. But Famara is totally untried isn't he, never kicked a ball in the Championship yet. Yes I hope we have another Kodjia/Tammy but who knows, he needs time too.

Someone mentions giving Engvall 10 or 15 games to prove himself, but we really don't have that many games for anyone to settle. Mess about for that many games and we will be struggling all season again. We really need to look the part from the off. Obviously if we lose today that's not our season finished, as long as we can see some progress and potential.

Yes we have players injured and suspended today, and maybe ones who have had their heads turned, so today won't be such a good indication of future set ups, but hopefully soon we might have an addition or two. Then we can settle and see how we are going to play this season, I don't want to be getting to March for example still experimenting to find our best starting 11. 

22 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Ummmm ...I think Engval is the 'in form' player having scored goals recently at a good level. Bobby has played in a forward role against a load of cap pre-season. 

No contest here. Only LJ will play Bobby in front of a proven goal scorer.

And at the moment, that would look to be a very good decision by LJ. Would you agree? 

On 04/08/2017 at 07:42, CyderInACan said:

Assuming we don't sign a new front-man who goes straight into the starting XI tmrw, it seems that it's a straight choice between the in-form local midfielder-turned-striker and our Swedish enigma to partner or drop off our record signing  Diédhiou against Barnsley. 

No doubt young Bobby has been flames pre-season against mainly nondescript opposition but of course you can only score against what's put in front of you. Gustav has also been in fine form but in "proper" football and has gone to Tenerife, returned to BS3 and notched a brace to help us win silverware in Gloucestershire the other week. 

So the dilemma is, who do you pick? The actual-real-striker or the obviously-skilful-but-untested-at-any-real-level-as-a-striker academy product? And why? 

COYR :city:

That answers your question. 

Archived