IGNORED

New Supporters Club and Trust permanent bar

Dollymarie

With a new season upon us, the Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust is delighted to let you know that after two seasons of temporary arrangements we have now have a long-term matchday ‘home’.

The new SC&T bar is on the first floor of the Sports Bar & Pizzeria (in space previously earmarked for a museum). As you can see from the photo below, it has been starting to take shape over the last couple of weeks and for the speed with which that has been achieved special thanks are due to Mark Kelly and Ross Wormald of Ashton Gate Limited, who have pulled out all the stops to help us get the bar ready in time for Saturday’s game.

Not all fixtures and fittings will be in place on Saturday, but the bar will be open for business. So come along and see how it’s looking so far. Then enjoy seeing the final look evolve over the next couple of weeks.

Access to the bar is via the Sports Bar & Pizzeria (doors on the corner of South and Lansdown Stands). You then go through the main bar and up the stairs at the far end, as though you were heading to the loos. Our bar is on your left at the top of the stairs (the lift takes you straight there as well).

As in previous years, the bar is open to all qualifying members on a first come, first served basis (i.e. until capacity is reached). To check which levels of membership qualify for use of the bar and to join or re-join, please visit the Membership Page on our website. 
http://bristolcitysupporters.org/supporter-info/

If you have any questions about membership, want to check what level of membership you have or whether you are paid up, please contact our membership secretary, Mike Adams, at blagdonmike@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hardly imagine Destination Bristol would make it a day out for all the family.

We aren't exactly a success.

True, but it would have been nice to see some old photos etc displayed for all to see. At the moment we've only got the Williams clock, minus it's hands I noticed last Friday.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

True, but it would have been nice to see some old photos etc displayed for all to see. At the moment we've only got the Williams clock, minus it's hands I noticed last Friday.

The AG8 plaque is due to be relocated from the back of the Atyeo to near to the clock. It just needs a bit of a clean up first. 

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

Have you been under the Dolman? Or the historic timeline under the SS?

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would have been nice to put it somewhere near where the players etc enter, they should realise this part of the club's history and the privilege it is for them to put on a Bristol City shirt 

It would actually be nice if it was more than a tiny plaque to be perfectly honest with you. I'd say it's a more important part of our history than beating Liverpool away in the FA Cup  and that is somehow given a huge space in the SS to help us remember it. A great result no doubt about it but not necessarily worthy of such a lasting memorial. 

Thst space would be much better served with a huge mural of this as a reminder to everyone that there very nearly was no Bristol City. 

IMG_0569.JPG

Just now, tinman85 said:

So is the upper area where the supporters club used to be now available for general use? 

Which area do you mean? If you mean the mezzanine in the sports bar, that's for Lansdown Club members. It was all of last season as well. 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Have you been under the Dolman? Or the historic timeline under the SS?

Yes, but I meant more actual old stuff, not just graphic reprints as such. Even a collection of shirt designs from years gone by would be nice to see side by side. 

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Which area do you mean? If you mean the mezzanine in the sports bar, that's for Lansdown Club members. It was all of last season as well. 

Probably. The area with the sofas as you walk up the stairs to your left near the toilets 

Archived