IGNORED

Sunderland v Derby

Lanterne Rouge

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Player`s reaction more than anything I think. He just laid there looking like `what have I done?`

That's what I thought too. I'd have been doing my nut in his shoes. 

Only having a passing interest in this game my mind wandered to associated things. The scoreboard at upper left on the screen showed the first three letters of each team's name SUN & DER. Coincidentally, DER follows SUN in the name Sunderland. How many other matches give that possible scenario?

BRIstol v STOke, MANchester v CHElsea, GILlingham v LINcoln, CAMbridge v BRIghton and allowing for misprints OXFord v FORest Green and IPSwich v WYCombe.

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Only having a passing interest in this game my mind wandered to associated things. The scoreboard at upper left on the screen showed the first three letters of each team's name SUN & DER. Coincidentally, DER follows SUN in the name Sunderland. How many other matches give that possible scenario?

BRIstol v STOke, MANchester v CHElsea, GILlingham v LINcoln, CAMbridge v BRIghton and allowing for misprints OXFord v FORest Green and IPSwich v WYCombe.

Wait until Fulham play Hamilton in Europe. That will blow your mind!!!

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

When Sweden play Denmark it would read SWE v DEN spelling Sweden, obviously. The leftover letters are "DEN" and "MARK"

28 minutes ago, 22A said:

Mmm scoreboard showing a Sunderland score . . . .now what does that remind me of?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t bad was it! Lots of backing off by the Millwall defence though, reminded me of us at times!

Looking at the report millwall dominated 22 shots though they lost  , but bit of a warning for a couple of weeks time they were described as having a very direct approach 

Less than 30,000 fans at the SoL tonight - I know they endured a torrid season last year but that's pitiful. Forest got just a handful less and that's a near full house for them, and they struggled a league lower last season. 

9 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Less than 30,000 fans at the SoL tonight - I know they endured a torrid season last year but that's pitiful. Forest got just a handful less and that's a near full house for them, and they struggled a league lower last season. 

Friday night in the school holidays and on Sky TV, reasons for the casual supporter to not bother.  Will be interesting to see how their crowds do fare over the season.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Looking at the report millwall dominated 22 shots though they lost  , but bit of a warning for a couple of weeks time they were described as having a very direct approach 

Sounds a lot like us first (and second) season up, not converting chances then other teams being more clinical

First season back in championship I remember Leeds, Brentford, Fulham, Reading at home where everytime they went forward it was a goal. 

Having shots means sweet f all in the greatest of respect

Archived