IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

P'head Red

Just now, Calculus said:

Remember the goal at home to Southampton, or away at Leicester? Can't remember anyone quicker.....

That Southampton goal was stunning, the Sheff United one at home too, every time he scored it was a worldie

• Admin

Met his cousin at Edgbaston last season when Somerset were losing to Warwickshire in the cup semi final,he put Ivan on the phone to a few of us, had a really good chat, it was funny how things panned out for everyone after the trip to Argyle. Plenty more said, but obviously not for an open forum 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Still remember sorting the card for him and Janet when they lost their baby. Lovely that they've gone on to have more children. 

He's someone who would always be welcome back, I have no doubt. 

Remember his first appearance back after losing their baby and he scored a great goal away at Leicester, it meant a lot to everyone there when it hit the back of the net

Just now, Crackers Corner said:

Which was the game where he ran the length of the pitch to score with their players at least a ten to twenty yard head start .? I'm thinking Southampton but may be wrong would love to see it again, his speed was amazing.

Was Southampton, keeper came up for a corner and he nearly ran out of pitch haha

13 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Which was the game where he ran the length of the pitch to score with their players at least a ten to twenty yard head start .? I'm thinking Southampton but may be wrong would love to see it again, his speed was amazing.

It's shown during his interview!

37 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Look at me everybody! Look at how controversial I am!

He had no football brain whatsoever! Albert did more on his debut than he did his entire time here. To think he was one of the trouble makers who wanted Garry out when he rescued him from playing on grass among the horses in Ireland. When he signed he said something about wanting to put bums on seats. He meant be entertaining and be someone to watch but what actually happened was you'd sit there in amazement that he's a professional. Fraud 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Still remember sorting the card for him and Janet when they lost their baby. Lovely that they've gone on to have more children. 

He's someone who would always be welcome back, I have no doubt. 

ah yes thanks for reminding me about that. Was very sad at the time. Good to hear that they have more children ( three boys). Great character. After he left City I always looked out to see how he was getting on.

Archived