IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

35 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Read the sporting events act 1985its nothing to do with the club it's the law of this country 

Love how people keep quoting that it's law when its also law not to stand up during the match but the club have said they take a "relaxed approach" in these areas. I personally think standing adds to the atmosphere but understand that some people can't/don't want to.

I was fairly near to the bloke who was asked to leave for throwing the flare onto the pitch.  From what I saw the flare landed near to him and he then threw it away and it landed on the pitch.

He was involved in a long and heated discussion with a steward then at half time 3 or 4 police and a number of stewards came up to him and asked him to leave.  He didn't bring the flare into the ground and was unlucky from what I saw that the flare landed near him, and as a result I assume he'll be banned.

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

The pitch is heavily invested in to ensure a high quality playing surface, my grounds team worked 14 hours today and will do the same tomorrow 

See the picture below.  Not only does it ruin the integrity of the pitch it's also a massive risk if landed on a child.

we are very much encouraging atmosphere and whole heartily suppprt section 82 and are working close with them to create something special 

we have identified the guys who threw the flare and can assure you that they will be banned and prosecuted 

Mark 

IMG_6335.PNG

Flippin heck Mark. Get them a wider lawnmower. 14 hours? 

Presumably those who have posted on here who believe flares and smoke bombs are able bodied and able to move if their asthma plays up. When the smoke permeates the disabled sections this is not necessarily the case. Sadly we seem  to live in a society these data of I'm alright so did you. 

Flares and smoke bombs are not universally accepted across Europe. I have been to a number of continental games where the stewards and police have waded in when they have been let off - and I mean waded in quite prepared to crack a few skulls with batons. 

25 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

I was fairly near to the bloke who was asked to leave for throwing the flare onto the pitch.  From what I saw the flare landed near to him and he then threw it away and it landed on the pitch.

He was involved in a long and heated discussion with a steward then at half time 3 or 4 police and a number of stewards came up to him and asked him to leave.  He didn't bring the flare into the ground and was unlucky from what I saw that the flare landed near him, and as a result I assume he'll be banned.

And did the person who actually did let it off step forward and own up or was he happy to let another fellow City fan take the blame?

No, thought not.

• SC&T Board Members
43 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Love how people keep quoting that it's law when its also law not to stand up during the match but the club have said they take a "relaxed approach" in these areas. I personally think standing adds to the atmosphere but understand that some people can't/don't want to.

There is no law against standing up. The law merely says that certain grounds must provide only "seated accommodation". It does not say that fans have to sit.

The law does say that taking pyro into football grounds is illegal.

It's one of the quickest ways to get a long ban, as this factsheet from the FSF explains.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So over the top. Sad really. Club should use a bit of common sense - first game of the season excitement, people been drinking all day - stuff happens.

Sympathise with this, except long before the excitement they decided to buy the flares and take them into the ground. 

Slightly more intentional and premeditated than a bit of over-exhuberance. 

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

doubt its a majority who would support fans bringing something illegal into then ground and throwing it on the pitch.

Shouldn't be illegal ergo shouldn't have to throw it on pitch.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

But it absolutely is illegal and they have flouted that law. 

Just because someone disagrees with a law doesn't give them a right to disregard it. 

I doubt if there is a person in the country that hasn't broken some law or other, it does seem a bit OTT facing possible lifetime ban and time up the big house, just for a smoke canister,  there are people who have been done for acts of violence who have received lesser punishments.

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

IMG_6335.PNG

Yes I can see that would merit a ban and prosecution. :whistle:

While the club is on the offensive for these vandals, could it also for example identify the culprit that  wasted £3 million on Tomlin and sold him on for next to nothing,  now that really offends me.

Every day, most posters on here  - including the killjoys - drive cars, knowing that they cause pollution and hence are harmful to others. They also know they could be involved in an accident where a child is killed. That is an unavoidable statistical fact, and yet every day you still take that risk.

Puts into perspective the remote possibility that somebody could be caused serious harm from colored smoke.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't necessarily agree with the life ban thing.

Regardless of rights and wrongs though, surely it's not the clubs call? In the sense of the police, moreover the law.

Even if the club had a different opinion, could they do much about it?

I'm afraid every misdemeanour is a life ban these days. 

The club doesn't have the same principles, however, when it comes to players. Like every other club. 

Life ban seems to be the default action without any proper chance for fans to defend themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't necessarily agree with the life ban thing.

Regardless of rights and wrongs though, surely it's not the clubs call? In the sense of the police, moreover the law.

Even if the club had a different opinion, could they do much about it?

The club have the right to refuse admission to anyone and the courts can issue a banning order.

But they club decide who they let in, regardless of if they have a banning order or not.

Archived