IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:24, Phileas Fogg said:

Well I'm glad the club have changed their stance from the preposterous idea of a 'lifetime ban'. Utterly absurd inordinate punishment.

Whilst I think smoke bombs look great (I even like the smell!) I can understand others don't and the draconian punishments make bringing them to the stadium simply not worth it.

There's a real gap in the market for a safe alternative.. a safe version that's as visually impressive and coordinated properly could be really good. There must be some budding chemists on OTIB that can devise a formula..

What, in a Breaking Bad sort of way?

Guarantee most people on this thread have seen videos online of Borussia Dortmund's 'Yellow Wall' and commented online, or at least said to a mate, how mint it looks. Fans passionately bouncing up and down, pyro going off everywhere, hundreds of flags, the actual stadium moving and shaking.

32 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Guarantee most people on this thread have seen videos online of Borussia Dortmund's 'Yellow Wall' and commented online, or at least said to a mate, how mint it looks. Fans passionately bouncing up and down, pyro going off everywhere, hundreds of flags, the actual stadium moving and shaking.

it does look impressive but its still illegal in this country so we can't use it full stop

36 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Impressive stuff.

By inventing football we also invented football supporter culture which other nations have modified. Funny how our football supporter culture is one of the most heavily regulated against in the world.

I much prefer the English style of spontaneous chanting and individualism. Find all that organised ultra stuff from Europe and turkey a bit fake. 

I'd much rather the atmosphere at Ashton Gate for a Bristol Derby in the second leg of the playoffs to Dortmund or somewhere. It's far more impressive when it's spontaneous and crowd mood led.

So the mindless morons who are determined to bring my club into disrepute are still at it. 3 games and 3 smoke bombs. I can only pray that the referees have not all included the incidents in their match reports. If this persists, I predict this illegal act wii cost us a points deduction by the end of the season. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well I wasn't at Birmingham.

Seems to have been hushed up..doesn't bother me either way but surprised it's been kept so quiet at 2 away games.

It may reflect the nature of the fans present. The 3 Lions flag day saw smoke grenades and flares used. It does not seem to have had a mention on the forum either.

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

It may reflect the nature of the fans present. The 3 Lions flag day saw smoke grenades and flares used. It does not seem to have had a mention on the forum either.

Flares at the 3 Lions flag day are a bit different to flares inside Ashton Gate Stadium......although the Police will have plenty of video footage taken on West Street, which they may use to connect someone using flares at both locations.

21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Flares at the 3 Lions flag day are a bit different to flares inside Ashton Gate Stadium......although the Police will have plenty of video footage taken on West Street, which they may use to connect someone using flares at both locations.

Not the point being made. It was the lack of comment on this forum at different events - Different culture, different views, different nature of fans and acceptance of what occurs. 

Can Confirm there were 3 smoke grenades at Birmingham. Caught on cctv and I understand 2 males arrested . Awaiting update from west mids as to result of process.

there was also a further smoke grenade on the first goal at Brentford from city fans. I was at the front and can confirm the smoke was pretty dense with 2 persons needing first aid for breathing difficulties. CCTV is being reviewed to day.

this is in spite of searches and sniffer dogs on entry.

as it stands Bristol city have the worst record in the league for these items, I have read this thread and fully appreciate differing views on this items however as the law stands possession of a smoke grenade/ flare at a regulated football match is an arrest able offence. 

The circumstances of each possession are assessed prior to arrest by the detaining officer and if charged there is every likelihood of a 3 year football ban in court. This has massive ramifications on anyone .

i would urge anyone considering taking one of these in to add to the atmosphere to think again. Just cheer louder or sing longer, you will not end up with a football ban then. !

Sorry to seem to be a moaning Minnie, i don't mean it to but away games now could see enhanced searching, which was obviously takes time and effects 99% of the crowd who are innocent for 1% who have a smoke grenade canister secreted somewhere!!!

23 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

To make it clear.  The club has already received a formal warning from the FA. The next one will be a fine.  The club may still receive one for Birmingham and Brentford. The club will be punished for the act of a minority of fans. 

So 3 games in and we are already on the FA watch list. I fail to understand why some of our fans can't get it into their head that taking flares into a stadium in the UK is illegal and the culprit if found liable to a ban. I like the flares they add to the atmosphere but there is no way I would risk being banned from watching the team I love. 

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Can Confirm there were 3 smoke grenades at Birmingham. Caught on cctv and I understand 2 males arrested . Awaiting update from west mids as to result of process.

there was also a further smoke grenade on the first goal at Brentford from city fans. I was at the front and can confirm the smoke was pretty dense with 2 persons needing first aid for breathing difficulties. CCTV is being reviewed to day.

this is in spite of searches and sniffer dogs on entry.

as it stands Bristol city have the worst record in the league for these items, I have read this thread and fully appreciate differing views on this items however as the law stands possession of a smoke grenade/ flare at a regulated football match is an arrest able offence. 

The circumstances of each possession are assessed prior to arrest by the detaining officer and if charged there is every likelihood of a 3 year football ban in court. This has massive ramifications on anyone .

i would urge anyone considering taking one of these in to add to the atmosphere to think again. Just cheer louder or sing longer, you will not end up with a football ban then. !

Sorry to seem to be a moaning Minnie, i don't mean it to but away games now could see enhanced searching, which was obviously takes time and effects 99% of the crowd who are innocent for 1% who have a smoke grenade canister secreted somewhere!!!

At Birmingham the  stewards weren't checking under 16s going into the ground. They asked if the supporters were under 16. If they said they were, they were let in without being frisked.. That's where your "grenades/bombs" come in from. Hardly rocket science is it ?? 

Archived