IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

11 hours ago, KevP said:

At Birmingham the  stewards weren't checking under 16s going into the ground. They asked if the supporters were under 16. If they said they were, they were let in without being frisked.. That's where your "grenades/bombs" come in from. Hardly rocket science is it ?? 

Just a smokescreen.

18 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

There was smoke after the first goal last night. Bag checks and pat downs were happening on the way in so the perp must've stuffed it up his ass to smuggle it in. 

My bag check consisted of someone looking in the top of my bag, no request to take anything out, no search inside. In there I had a cycle helmet and a few clothes. Honestly, I could have hidden anything at the bottom of it. A smoke thing would have easily gotten through.

Why do imbeciles feel that they can do what they like and to hell with the rules.

Running onto the pitch at the end of the season is one thing (although still frowned upon), bringing these smoke bombs, grenades whatever, now means that every single steward, police officer, club and the FA are going to be watching our supporters like a hawk. 

If/when someone gets caught and "man handled" whilst being arrested, who will be the first people to moan and complain about it?

The minority will end up giving the majority a bad name because they want to be the centre of attention.

You want City supporters banned from away grounds? Carry on because thats what will end up happening. 

Morons.

13 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

So 3 games in and we are already on the FA watch list. I fail to understand why some of our fans can't get it into their head that taking flares into a stadium in the UK is illegal and the culprit if found liable to a ban. I like the flares they add to the atmosphere but there is no way I would risk being banned from watching the team I love. 

Kamikaze isn't it?

Whatever we feel individually about the rights and wrongs CCTV is trained on fans full time home and away and if a fan sets one off he should know it's almost certain he'll be caught, prosecuted and banned for several years.

We've had more bans for this than any other club in the league and that the word hasn't got round and there are still those willing to take a criminal record and a 3 year ban for a moment's fun is frankly unbelievable.

They're shining a spotlight on themselves and basically saying to the police control room 'look at me, come and arrest me.' Madness.

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Kamikaze isn't it?

Whatever we feel individually about the rights and wrongs CCTV is trained on fans full time home and away and if a fan sets one off he should know it's almost certain he'll be caught, prosecuted and banned for several years.

We've had more bans for this than any other club in the league and that the word hasn't got round and there are still those willing to take a criminal record and a 3 year ban for a moment's fun is frankly unbelievable.

They're shining a spotlight on themselves and basically saying to the police control room 'look at me, come and arrest me.' Madness.

Plus they and their mates will be moaning about how unfairly they hav been treated and how it's another example of how "all the fun" is being taken out of football.

3 hours ago, Taz said:

Why do imbeciles feel that they can do what they like and to hell with the rules.

Running onto the pitch at the end of the season is one thing (although still frowned upon), bringing these smoke bombs, grenades whatever, now means that every single steward, police officer, club and the FA are going to be watching our supporters like a hawk. 

If/when someone gets caught and "man handled" whilst being arrested, who will be the first people to moan and complain about it?

The minority will end up giving the majority a bad name because they want to be the centre of attention.

You want City supporters banned from away grounds? Carry on because thats what will end up happening. 

Morons.

Defo increased security at Brentford and a bit more at Brum .....  if the pyro activity continues then expect it to get heavier and heavier.... the thing is the authorities will identify those responsible and the law will follow its course with full heavy penalties...and all for a few seconds of orgasm over pyro.....not worth it...

Not read the whole thread so not sure if this has been covered or not but believe it or not the USA have got the common sense solution to this in place already! 

Orlando Football (soccer) club have built a new stadium, the stand behind one goal is completely fitted with safe standing and certain area in the stand are marked as pyro zones so everyone knows where they'll be let off and can decide for themselves if they want to be near it or not.

AF3A0B62-FA21-46FA-BE15-74BD87886A70-2451-000004AB8AA7837E.jpeg

D864DF12-A8DD-415C-B54B-9C5521CF8FEE-2451-000004AB9FA4B8B0.jpeg

1A674AF5-6E97-4AAE-9132-DA03C5519E66-2451-000004ABA5F8A7F5.jpeg

Back last season at Fulham I was chatting to one of their stewards after the game, he told me our club had a reputation for flares/smoke. 'You lot like your pyros' he said. Every ground will be very aware of us now, but as previously stated youngsters must be being used to conceal these items for adults. @JulieH what is the situation with searching a minor, if none are done then it's never going to stop. Although it seems horrible that innocent children could be subjected to being searched when attending matches. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Back last season at Fulham I was chatting to one of their stewards after the game, he told me our club had a reputation for flares/smoke. 'You lot like your pyros' he said. Every ground will be very aware of us now, but as previously stated youngsters must be being used to conceal these items for adults. @JulieH what is the situation with searching a minor, if none are done then it's never going to stop. Although it seems horrible that innocent children could be subjected to being searched when attending matches. 

And if extra stewarding/police is requires that probably adds a couple of quid to the ticket price.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

And if extra stewarding/police is requires that probably adds a couple of quid to the ticket price.

Good to see the pro pyro posters appear to have vanished now the consequences are starting to be obvious even to the most selfish. Not sure whoever rubbished @JulieH's post thought too deeply though.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Exactly. If they have catagory price banding you can expect whoever we play to charge us the highest rate.

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

Certainly with regards to the stewarding situation it is very much decided on a club by club basis as to searching of juveniles 

i have seen those u18 searched at away games and home games, generally a search of outer clothing and a quick pat down on the legs..

we can search as long as we have reasonable grounds to suspect an item is being carried in, but anything further than the outer clothing we take them off to a private area.. This can be done on a juvenile so there is no hiding! 

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Good to see the pro pyro posters appear to have vanished now the consequences are starting to be obvious even to the most selfish. Not sure whoever rubbished @JulieH's post thought too deeply though.

Thought there would be more to be honest !!!

fingers crossed for Saturday 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Certainly with regards to the stewarding situation it is very much decided on a club by club basis as to searching of juveniles 

i have seen those u18 searched at away games and home games, generally a search of outer clothing and a quick pat down on the legs..

we can search as long as we have reasonable grounds to suspect an item is being carried in, but anything further than the outer clothing we take them off to a private area.. This can be done on a juvenile so there is no hiding! 

Thank you. This might deter a few from using their children or younger siblings to carry prohibited items. A couple of years ago a Dad used his 5 year old to carry his cans of cider into AG for him on more than one occasion, even used to leave the cans on the floor when they were empty, made me wonder how he had the nerve!

Are we now known as the smokey bandits?

In all seriousness, yes they look good but if you don't follow the law, then you're looking for trouble aren't you? It's quite that simple.

I'm quite surprised how many bring them to games.

So City have felt the need to put another statement out on the website, and made clear we have had our official warning. If anyone on here has any influence over the little t***ds in the singing section who perpetrate theses senseless acts, then please have a word. 

Who knows, perhaps we'll get relegated not because of any failings of LJ, but because we are forced to play games behind closed doors as the authorities become sick and tired of mindless morons bringing not just City into disrepute, but the league itself. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Statement is pretty standard except for this line..

Bristol City Football Club takes this matter seriously.

Anyone caught using a flare or smoke bomb – lighting it, holding it or throwing it – will be passed over to the authorities and will instantly receive a ban from Ashton Gate.

You will get mitigating circumstances sometimes, like the Barnsley game. Sounds like the person who 'threw' it was just trying to get rid of it and i'd be very disappointed in the club if they've punished him. A 'life ban' is absurd too.

Bristol City Football Club has issued a reminder to supporters that smoke bombs and flares are strictly prohibited items under the Football Ground Regulations.

At all three of the club’s Sky Bet Championship matches in 2017/18, flares have been set off inside the stadium.

Barnsley

Two flares/smoke bombs were set off in the South-East corner, one of which ended up being thrown on to the field of play. This resulted in damage to the pitch. In addition, one person was treated by medics after suffering an asthma attack as a result of smoke inhalation from the flare.

Birmingham City

Three flares/smoke bombs were set off in the away end following the opening goal at St Andrew’s and two City supporters have now been arrested.

Brentford

Another two flares/smoke bombs were ignited at Griffin Park from the away end.

The club has already been reported by match officials and a formal warning has been received from the Football Association, so any future indiscretions could result in a fine or even harsher penalties.

Bristol City Football Club takes this matter seriously.

Anyone caught using a flare or smoke bomb – lighting it, holding it or throwing it – will be passed over to the authorities and will instantly receive a ban from Ashton Gate.

This issue, like standing in seated areas and waving flags when people want to watch the game are all solved by compromise and intelligence.

You create areas for people to stand, you create areas for people to let of pyro and you have areas where flags can be waved throughout the 90 mins. These areas would probably overlap in places. 

It means that if you don't like smoke you can sit far away from it as you know where it could be. It also means you could have a responsible adult setting it off with sand buckets on standby when they have extinguished so there isn't a hot firework just in the foot well. I'd rather that than some pissed up 19 year old who will throw it as soon as it is lit to avoid prosecution. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Statement is pretty standard except for this line..

You will get mitigating circumstances sometimes, like the Barnsley game. Sounds like the person who 'threw' it was just trying to get rid of it and i'd be very disappointed in the club if they've punished him. A 'life ban' is absurd too.

He hasn't been due to the witness on here that came forward to verify his version of events. 

Can't we organise simultaneous setting light to farts? The pie & beer / zider induced flatulence at every game could be countered by instant ignition & thus elimination of the :gasmask: odour.

The pyro fans would be happy, the authorities would be happy, and my nose would be happy. Everyone wins!

13 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

This issue, like standing in seated areas and waving flags when people want to watch the game are all solved by compromise and intelligence.

You create areas for people to stand, you create areas for people to let of pyro and you have areas where flags can be waved throughout the 90 mins. These areas would probably overlap in places. 

It means that if you don't like smoke you can sit far away from it as you know where it could be. It also means you could have a responsible adult setting it off with sand buckets on standby when they have extinguished so there isn't a hot firework just in the foot well. I'd rather that than some pissed up 19 year old who will throw it as soon as it is lit to avoid prosecution. 

You seriously think that will happen? The whole point is trying to avoid being caught, not let a grown-up do it! It'll still go on in other parts of the ground.

Archived