IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This is the point really. What do the people doing this really think the club will do if it continues?

The poster may not know the individuals, so therefore cannot know their mindset.

do they really think the club will continue to allow the relaxed attitude to standing and unreserved seating in this area?

There would be no reason to behave in an unjust and uneven manner. When fans have invaded the pitch from the Dolman those who inhabit that stand have not been held responsible en bloc. 

Still, just a bit of fun innit?

Inside and outside the stadium it has been going on for years. It clearly is enjoyable for some or even many fans.

Tuesdays opponents Brentford evidently have had similar incidents, more than BCFC last season. No action v stands or club has resulted.

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Tuesdays opponents Brentford evidently have had similar incidents, more than BCFC last season. No action v stands or club has resulted.

Seriously, if flares continue to be let off for, say, the next five home games despite all the warnings the club have given what do you think will be the club`s response?

Just ignore it and allow it to continue irrespective of the number of warnings received from the league or take the easy option of enforcing the already existing rules?

Your comment re. the Dolman is a straw man argument - if fans were invading the pitch from there game after game what do you think would happen?

We`ll have to see I suppose but I feel sorry for all those who have worked so hard for so long to create this area and will have all their good work destroyed by the actions of a few selfish idiots.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Seriously, if flares continue to be let off for, say, the next five home games despite all the warnings the club have given what do you think will be the club`s response?

Just ignore it and allow it to continue irrespective of the number of warnings received from the league or take the easy option of enforcing the already existing rules?

Your comment re. the Dolman is a straw man argument - if fans were invading the pitch from there game after game what do you think would happen?

We`ll have to see I suppose but I feel sorry for all those who have worked so hard for so long to create this area and will have all their good work destroyed by the actions of a few selfish idiots.

a fine. 

1 hour ago, Collis1 said:

I'm genuinely intrigued how anyone could be so unbelievably anal about something so trivial. Condemning them lightly is one thing, but the witch hunt that follows is cringe worthy. 

I can't wait till the copper comes back on here tomorrow evening and tells us off again...

If anyone is told off tomorrow, or after any other home game, for using a flare or smoke bomb, the telling off will probably be accompanied by being ejected from the ground and possibly a minimum of a one season ban. Hilarious! There was an easy to understand statement by City, so what's difficult to understand? 

31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Out of 3 'offences' this season, only 1 has come from that area of the ground.

Whenever it's happened at the Gate this season it's 100% of the time been from that area. The stats don't lie. 

Joking aside it'd be a shame if everyone's efforts to create a great atmosphere were affected by the actions of a few.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think Bristol Sport would take a even and considered approach. 

Fans are not letting off pyrotechnics in the South stand every game.  Bristol City fans have been using pryo intermittently for a long period - The pyro at Peterborough shook the terrace and how long ago was that? Ten years. The reality and history goes back further, but it is not game after game after ..

Thinking that something will be destroyed due to a % of a % of fans paints Bristol Sport / Bristol City in a mean spirited and unfair manner and only idiots tar everybody first without thinking.  

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Okay. I'm not taking smoke or flares into a stadium. I've never set one off anywhere or even held one. However I enjoy pyro at football, be it with City or another team. That said the idea that someone is likely to set one off and instantly try and ditch it to avoid prosecution does unnerve me and is of course a safety hazard. 

My argument is that this can be done safely and effectively producing visual stunning displays. However as @Up The City! says if it means people cannot be part of an exciting part of the ground for health reasons then I'd not want to restrict them. 

Therefore the case study should be the Pyro section at Orlando City and how successful this section is and how those will health concerns find it, or are they unable to go near it. My view since this thread began has changed, however that doesn't mean it shouldn't be something that is explored and experimented with, and perhaps the law will change. 

My understanding is that the only 'smoke devices', as they call them, that are allowed to be used in that area are ones supplied by the club. Even given that level of control, however, I further understand that the smoke they emit is still toxic and can thus cause breathing problems for asthmatics. So not an ideal solution.

If someone could invent smoke bombs that produced a harmless form of smoke and flares that were cold and not based on fire, they would make a fortune and I'd be all for them in football grounds. But until then I remain of the view that they are a health/safety hazard and have no place in crowded environments (quite apart from being illegal).

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Isn't one of the issues not just the legal angle of all this, but the risk of evacuation if the fire/smoke alarms get activated?

Some clown let one off in Exeter`s wooden stand last season and it had to be evacuated onto the pitch. The game v Carlisle was held up for nearly an hour.

23 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How many here who condone the use of these things inside the stadium actually bring them in themselves?

If you check my earlier posts pages back I did not condone them. I would not bring one into the stadium, but my attitude towards those that do would be to not look towards draconian bans, or prosecution.

I expect this spike after the last one and the one before that is nothing more than well meaning young fans wanting to inject a little enthusiasm into match day, as fans before them have.

People may gnash and gnarl at the above, but consider the widespread reaction to the use of pyro at Bristol City matches. The use of pyro is never met with a cacophony of boos. Never ever. The reaction is excitement, cheers, an increase in noise and singing. A significant proportion of City fan enjoy seeing copious amounts of red smoke etc. Some fans love it.

A supposedly anti social and criminal act act is greeted by many many fans. That is no bovine opinion. A lot of fans love pyro. I hope Bristol Sport consider that.

So to summarise. 

- they're illegal at football stadia 

- they cause first aid to be administered for breathing problems to innocent bystanders if discharged 

- they could cause City to be fined if they're continued to be used 

BUT 

- they look good

To say it's a no-brainer also adequately describes those who think it's a good idea. @JulieH and @Mkelly have made the police's and the club's stance abundantly clear. 

Yet why do I have the feeling some ****ing morons will STILL do it tmrw!? It defies belief. 

2 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I'm genuinely intrigued how anyone could be so unbelievably anal about something so trivial. Condemning them lightly is one thing, but the witch hunt that follows is cringe worthy. 

I can't wait till the copper comes back on here tomorrow evening and tells us off again...

Well, by my reckoning the number of young City fans missing from Ashton Gate tomorrow because of naive, drunken, or plain stupid behaviour with smoke bombs will be into double figures.

They've been arrested and prosecuted over last few seasons and banned from AG for several years.

If you think getting a criminal record and being banned from football is so trivial, and such self damaging behaviour in young fans should in some way be encouraged for your amusement, and 'can't wait for the copper to tell us off again tomorrow', perhaps, as Monkeh suggests, you'd like be the one to let one off tomorrow and see how amusing and trivial you find the consequences?

Don't fancy that? Didn't think so......

9 pages of smoke?

Very simple if people have a need to take a flare/grenade into the ground and let it off , then fine.....

BUT don't moan if arreseted or charged as it's clear as day what the rules are.

To have a 3 year plus ban for smoke grenade is surely not worth the two minutes of joy that it brings the individual ?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well, by my reckoning the number of young City fans missing from Ashton Gate tomorrow because of naive, drunken, or plain stupid behaviour with smoke bombs will be into double figures.

They've been arrested and prosecuted over last few seasons and banned from AG for several years.

If you think getting a criminal record and being banned from football is so trivial, and such self damaging behaviour in young fans should in some way be encouraged for your amusement, and 'can't wait for the copper to tell us off again tomorrow', perhaps, as Monkeh suggests, you'd like be the one to let one off tomorrow and see how amusing and trivial you find the consequences?

He'd have to go to the match first..

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

9 pages of smoke?

Very simple if people have a need to take a flare/grenade into the ground and let it off , then fine.....

BUT don't moan if arreseted or charged as it's clear as day what the rules are.

To have a 3 year plus ban for smoke grenade is surely not worth the two minutes of joy that it brings the individual ?

The thing is, the people on here who want to see smoke bombs (or the like) set off inside the stadium are not the ones actually doing it.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Self policing may be the way forward, make it quite clear to the little s**ts that we're not willing to go through more security and the possibility of fines so they can look 'hard' in front of their mates.

Screw them to be honest.

CCTV will be all over the home fans (and away fans) tomorrow, and I expect the club will put out some kind of warning announcement or message before kick-off.

Sooner the laws get changed the better. Flares should still be banned but smokes should be allowed, they look good and do add to atmosphere. 

Only have to look around when ones going off to see how many people have their phones out recording/taking pictures. 

Until it gets changed it is stupid bringing them, and I wouldn't do so myself just because I wouldn't want the banning order. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You have previous for missing the point and you have done it impecibly again. You're also the same bloke who had a go at London City fans for organising a boozer to watch a Sky game.... Tut tut.

I have been merely pointing out here how bat shit crazy it is that people are getting their knickers in their twist about it. When you look at the big picture of what's going on in the world it hardly warrants a which hunt. And the copper posting on here every 5 mins should use their time more efficiently I think.

I'd quote the serenity prayer but I'm not religious and it would be lost on the terminally stupid.

Tomorrow, all CCTV will no doubt be directed towards one area.

No doubt 'sad' people will start dobbing in the 'fun' people.

The law of probabilities will come to bite someone.

Worth a criminal record or a ban?
Then keep it up and don't complain when (there is no if) you get caught.
The 'it should be legal' argument will get short shrift from the club, police, magistrate/judge.
It's that simple.

We wait for the inevitable.

19 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

You have previous for missing the point and you have done it impecibly again. You're also the same bloke who had a go at London City fans for organising a boozer to watch a Sky game.... Tut tut.

I have been merely pointing out here how bat shit crazy it is that people are getting their knickers in their twist about it. When you look at the big picture of what's going on in the world it hardly warrants a which hunt. And the copper posting on here every 5 mins should use their time more efficiently I think.

She shouldn't need to be posting on here at all

27 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

When you look at the big picture of what's going on in the world it hardly warrants a which hunt. And the copper posting on here every 5 mins should use their time more efficiently I think.

2 things:

1) What else is going on the world is totally unrelated to this, so I have no idea why you keep bring that ridiculous point up. It's not a witch(sic) hunt, it's simply illegal. No ifs, no buts, it's illegal and if people continue to let off smoke flares/bombs/fireworks (whatever you want to call them) the whole club will be landed in serious bother, the end. If you want that to change, the best idea is to lobby against the law, not flout the law and show zero respect for your fellow supporters, the club, the police, and society.

2) Julie H, is the Avon & Somerset Police Supporters Liaison Officer, so she is doing her job. Personally I think it's a very efficient use of her time if it means cretins like yourself (and the people you are sticking up for) play no part in us losing points and/or facing sanctions from the FA.

Your clear lack of respect for anything & everything says much about you. You seem to think everybody else is the idiot, but you are the one coming across as an ignorant knuckle-dragger.

Personally I think smoke can add to an atmosphere, however, it's illegal, and we are fully in the spotlight thanks to a minority. The officials are out to make an example of a club, and I have a feeling we are top of their list. So the best thing would be for people to leave the smoke at home for a long period of time and let things calm dow, then if they had any sense, start a campaign in a formal/different way. I really would hate for the club I support to be tarnished by a few mindless idiots who have an chip on their shoulder about the authorities and the law. I know I am not alone, and I suspect if this continues then there will be trouble in the stands from people fed up that a few mindless ********* can't control themselves. 

Saying all that though I know all this will fall on deaf ears, because simple concepts are seemingly very difficult for your type to grasp.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I bothered about the club getting in to trouble

That's fine - but you're commenting an inordinate amount on the thread largely saying the same things over and over.. it's illegal etc 

I always read your posts as if it's your furious monkey avatar screeching them which always probably makes them seem a bit more abrupt and angry than they were intended!

monkey.JPG

Archived