IGNORED

Pisano

Whites

I love the music man song for Pisano. It has scope as well, bearing in mind the Dambusters verse where it breaks into a completely different song. 

The Pisano verse could be followed by:

His name is Aden Flint
He plays at Ashton Gate 
And he can say
What can he say

Flint Says NO NO NO
Flint Says NO NO NO...etc

Follow that with:

We are the City boys
We come from Ashton Gate
And we can drink
What can we drink...

DRINK UP THE CIDER etc

The potential is there for something that can run for quite a while!

Eros is a solid defender. If we can work on his skills and tactics going forward, that would be a bonus.

We are lucky to have 2 solid full backs and 4 decent central defenders in the squad.

Most of the goals we concede srem to result from giving the ball away in midfield, so we need to work on that a bit.

You can't really beat the Italian type of defending.

Eros

The GIF man. Fighter in the field, dressing man, father of a beautiful little girl yes, but Eros Pisano is undoubtedly a GIF addicted. Two messages on WhatsApp were enough to figure it out. A timing of Bristol weather - impermanently British, with clouds, cold and rain - and a message of apology for the delay. The answers? No words, two pictures. "I admit they make me very laugh and so I enjoy them." The time of a handshake and you now understand what kind it is Eros. Solar, ready to kick. And I do not like it anymore. At Bristol City is a "big", he never says, he always stops at a general description of his landing in England. "They strongly wanted me and I know what my team role is. The coach made me feel important from the start. Before he got me he called me, explaining to me what he wanted from me. Helping the team with my experience and growing the many young people we have in the team. All that he did not tell me directly, but that I understand. The team if it needs it must be supported by me. " The word "leader" never goes out of his mouth. She knows it's a point of reference for the Robins, in the field and out, but does not show it. What is transpiring is awareness of oneself with education and respect.

The interview we make in the Ashton Gate, the stadium of Bristol City. Outdoor degrees about 12, rain and covered sky. Eros reaches us after the morning workout. Short sleeve t-shirt and sweater. "Now I'm used to it," she admits laughing. England, Bristol. The new life of Eros Pisano is here. On the banks of the Avon River, immersed in an atmosphere that exudes "brit" in every corner. "In Italy I miss the sun and the food, but here I appreciate the few times that heaven is clement. It is full of parks and just can live in the open air. " Port Center if there is one, has a double soul town, divided between the two universities and the paper mills. The Bristol cardstock is world-renowned, a little less the Bristol City, the championship club that bought it last summer: "It was not an easy choice. I came from a win of the championship with Verona, I came from Serie B to Serie A, but my thoughts and the clubs did not coincide and I had to change the way. I wanted a new challenge and I've always enjoyed the English Championship. That's why when Bristol City came in, I did not think twice and I accepted it right away. I was fascinated by this world and then everyone told me that it was 'my' football: physical and temperamental. " Reality then meets the imagination and Eros's look changes. Even telling him tired of it: "In the field is really tough. There are physically amazing players. They have nothing to do with the players I found in my career. Just take any one and the physical structure is completely different. They're really big! And then the speed is impressive, they go twice as much as I used to. "

Physics, but also so much passion. Genuine and engaging, just how the Championship can be. Totally different from the Premier League's skinned and standardized world: "The Championship is beautiful. Unlike all other championships. You train the right one, having fun. The important thing is the race, you have no stress in Italy. You have so many games and you always have to be physically fit. And then it's a fast kick, one action after another. In the period when I was injured, I happened to watch it and not play it, and it seems to be in the cinema. It's exciting, it's like watching a movie. Do you have thrills? Every minute something happens ... You are always involved. " When we leave the field and the fatigue lighten his eyes. "Here live soccer like that when you were small. Genuine". He often uses this word, almost surprised, after 10 years of professionalism, in rediscovering that in the end it's just a game. A game that serves to amuse. "The stadiums are beautiful, studied for football. With fans on the field, who are your fans or opponents. Then at the end of the game, get out of the stadium, take your car and go home. With fans around. There is never a problem. They ask for autographs and photos as normal as it is. But treat yourself as a normal person. You are a football player but not mythical. " Supporters but above all structures: "While in the Championship, most of the stadiums are better than those in Serie A ... and this already says so much. And then the offices, the training fields, are all of a high level, they never miss anything to the footballer. You're following 360 degrees. 

A phrase that anticipates the standardized thinking of those who know little about the British minor series. Eros stopped the question immediately, almost reading in thought: "Stop! I want to dispel the myth of a non-tactical kick. We do, maybe not so much as in Italy, but the study of the adversary is taken care of in the smallest detail. To give you an example we have breakfast and lunch at the camp and each of us has an iPad where the staff of the coach loads the different gaming situations we will face, with a particular focus on the opponent player we will find in the field. Same thing the day before the race, where, team, let us analyze the role of the various opponents. A really high level organization. "

Italy, by now the past. He speaks little about Eros, now completely immersed in English reality. But on Verona it will come back gladly. He has no regrets: "It ended with Verona because he had to finish. I was out of date and we did not find an agreement. We had different visions and it was time to change the way. I do not regret it because in Verona I was fine. I made a vintage in A unforgettable (with 5 goals, ndr) and then the next year to win the promotion, from favorite, it was not easy. I have an important link with the city and the fans. Let's say I'm glad to have left with the team in Serie A. I hope this year they can be saved. "

The present is called Bristol, a life that is now made of football and family. "And rest. When there is a stop for the Nazis is a dream. It is best recovered from the fatigue of a wretched, physically and psychologically stressful championship. " But language was an obstacle at first. Difficulty that Eros is passing day by day: "The problem of language is just mine. My wife has lived and studied in America, and she is native speaker. And my 4 year old daughter already speaks better than me! "She admits laughing. It is a task that has been done by following online courses and also speaking at home, because "society must not be to tell me to learn English. I have to do it for respect for society, environment, coach and companions. " Help was also given to teammates: "Here's a rule: when a new player arrives, everyone is obliged to talk to him, to give him attention. I think it's a small rule that helps newcomers to enter. And for the first time in my life I realized the difficulties that foreigners have to enter into a new dressing room. In a new football and life context. " A rose that also sees former Cesena Milan Djuric, another important factor in choosing to come to Bristol: "I was lucky to meet Milan, who came six months before me. As soon as they bought me I immediately wrote. He was happy because finally an Italian arrived, so he could talk to someone. He is the player I've tied up for, for obvious reasons. Having arrived before he anticipated what Bristol City was, the environment. But I must say that everyone has made me feel part of the group right away. We say that my English and that of Milan are not excellent, we understand everything and we understand. Especially in the field there are no problems. And then the classic vaf ... is international! Bristol City is fourth in the standings. Pisano, he is the right-wing holder. Thanks also to him the Robins dream of the Premier League after a start up above expectations: "Last year they saved themselves a few days from the end, but there is a desire to make the leap of quality. We play a good football and in the locker room there is a great atmosphere. I have to admit I was amazed at the level of the team. There are so many players playing in the National. And then every time I go to a team I fall in love with the technical qualities of my comrades. I do not want to make names, but there are 4-5 very strong ones. Let's all say those who make me suffer in workout. " In the end, "I'm one of the oldest teams in the team, we're full of young people." Youths and youth players under 23, a mix that now seems to be winning also because "young people here are very respectful of the old, the job. They lose less than what's out of the pitch, they think so much about football. They are responsible and above all compliant with the rules. Here, one does not look at anyone's face. If you make a mistake. Whether you are a champion or a young man in the nursery. "

We do not believe it. After an hour-long talk, Eros launched the idea: "But is there a lap in the stadium you want to do?" Clear the affirmative answer. The structure is really like you described it. A football stadium. Small for the highest standards, but harvested and above all modern in its layout. Everything is taken care of, everything is meant for the footballer to think only of the field. Respect we said. The same Eros demonstrates in getting me in. They're closing, it's lunch time. He is a Bristol member, he can come in as and when he wants to. But asks for permission, please let us know if at this time you can. As? In English obviously, even fluent. Now Robins is all over and over.

Archived