IGNORED

Tomlin

Alan Dicks

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You haven't proved anything have you. Just by saying you didn't want him doesn't make it true does it. 

Tomlin was not great last season and the club got shot for 'whatever' reasons, we were really lucky to make our money back.  I'd say in some people's opinion that signing him on a permanent was an error.

All a matter of opinion but sometimes other people can be correct.

I have also not changed my opinion in light of recent events, I said it from before we signed him.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Amazed in this day and age of news/social media 24-7 that his original arrest wouldn't have leaked 

Not famous enough?  If it happened in Bristol, I expect it would have been picked up and we would be going through all the shit we did with Brooker, Orr and co.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We could claim we didn't know :shifty:

Easier still, I'm pretty confident we'd need Tomlin's permission under data protection law. Don't ask for it. 

Boro fans did warn us about Tomlin.

There is no denying though that in his loan spell he was class and lifted the team. 

Just a shame he came back to start the season bloated and dis-interested.

As soon as Tammy was getting all of the love he slipped into the type of player that fans of previous clubs that he played for said he was.

Then he played really well for the Sky cameras in the Huddersfield game and put himself back in the shop window.

Fair play to Colin for forking out £2.9 Million of Baadiffs money though. That is great business for a player in the Adebayor mould.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Boro fans did warn us about Tomlin.

There is no denying though that in his loan spell he was class and lifted the team. 

Just a shame he came back to start the season bloated and did-interested.

As soon as Tammy was getting all of the love he slipped into the type of player that fans of previous clubs that he played for said he was.

Then he played really well for the Sky cameras in the Huddersfield game and put himself back in the shop window.

Fair play to Colin for forking out £2.9 Million of Baadiffs money though. That is great business for a player in the Adebayor mode.

spot on

I find it somewhat sad that some City fans are finding delight in the bad times of a recent City player. 

Maybe the same people always disliked him, and here's another chance to have a pop.

Personally, I liked Tomlin as a player for us. A luxury yes, sometimes hit and miss, but was a talent.

Oh well, not a biggie. I've put my head over the parapet and will undoubtedly take some flak.

Don't let me interrupt the ex-player slagfest.

Up the City

Here's to three points tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Tomlin was not great last season and the club got shot for 'whatever' reasons, we were really lucky to make our money back.  I'd say in some people's opinion that signing him on a permanent was an error.

All a matter of opinion but sometimes other people can be correct.

I have also not changed my opinion in light of recent events, I said it from before we signed him.

Well yes with the benefit of hindsight we wouldn't of touched him with a barge pole would we, and as for him not being great last season , that's a understatement of epic proportions   

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

I find it somewhat sad that some City fans are finding delight in the bad times of a recent City player. 

Maybe the same people always disliked him, and here's another chance to have a pop.

Personally, I liked Tomlin as a player for us. A luxury yes, sometimes hit and miss, but was a talent.

Oh well, not a biggie. I've put my head over the parapet and will undoubtedly take some flak.

Don't let me interrupt the ex-player slagfest.

Up the City

Here's to three points tomorrow.

Think it's more of a relief we got away with it to be honest . I wouldn't wish Ill on any ex player but we certainly had our fingers burnt last season with him. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Well yes with the benefit of hindsight we wouldn't of touched him with a barge pole would we, and as for him not being great last season , that's a understatement of epic proportions   

My point exactly is that I am not doing this from hindsight I said it at the time!  I would hope our management structure knew a shedload more than I but the debacle of his signing and the stories from previous clubs always suggested it was going to be a disaster.

luckily we appear to have emerged fairly unscathed with staying in the division and getting the money back.

Lessons learnt I hope, there is ALWAYS a reason a player of that ability is going for the 2-3m mark.  The question is whether it's worth the risk.

Shock, football player in trouble on a Saturday night.

Get a grip, I can tell you countless tales of City players past and present up to no good on a night out, don't go along with all this anti Tomlin vitriol, produced some magical moments for us and we got back what we paid for him, show a big more class

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Get a grip, I can tell you countless tales of City players past and present up to no good on a night out, don't go along with all this anti Tomlin vitriol, produced some magical moments for us and we got back what we paid for him, show a big more class

There's a difference between City players 'getting up to no good' on a night out and GBH.. 

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

A bit more class?  Respect needs to be earned.

He didn't.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There's a difference between City players 'getting up to no good' on a night out and GBH.. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't remember the 3 City players from 10 years ago who got put away for GBH getting the same stick. 

Well, I remember suggesting that LJ wasn't playing Tomlin and wasn't getting along with him because he's bad at man-management, when in reality, he had a perfectly valid reason. Lesson learnt. Apologies in order etc. Still pretty shocked to hear this. Is this on top of him reportedly being unfaithful or is that just hearsay?

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

I wanted him to sign before he proved himself an attention seeking primadonna, as soon as he did I said we shouldn't sign him, and this was before he had, that isn't contradictory.

I wanted him to sign but as I stated before that video with Wilbs had me seriously worried. It reminded me of toxic dressing rooms I'd been in (on a smaller scale). 

Everyone was so 'excited', buying their "SnapBacks" and "tees", I held my counsel, eventually "coming out" I think in the new year. 

Still a big shame. Obviously had no idea about this, and my views were formed well before this incident. 

Ill say it again "best transfer biz we did all window" :P

Only just reading the article. Outside a nightclub eh?? Dare I suggest drink was involved?

I was under the impression players didn't do this shit anymore. Or was it just Tomlin?

Putting aside for a sec the most important bit- the gbh- which is appalling.

@harrys I am no puritan but surely a decent chunk of this is booze related. The players getting up to shit on a night out... These are highly paid professional athletes, should not drink much during season beyond the odd glass of wine IMO.

One key reason reason why they won't fulfil potential perhaps. To take it to extremes, Ronaldo- he's teetotal for some while now, or so I read.

I, like the vast majority thought that signing Tomlin on a permanent was fantastic only to see him fade away as the season progressed. The optimism we had about both him and City's early season form seemed to fall away in equal proportions and selling him on at such a high figure seemed like good business, albeit, like most, I'd have preferred him not to go to Cardiff and Warnock, fear of it coming back to bite us at some point in the future. 

After he left LJ would only say that Tomlin would drive home to his family Leicester each night, a daily journey that would be absurd for a company sales rep, let alone an athlete (in its broadest terms). I remember thinking at the time what an impressive job City had done keeping that quiet.  Now to hear that Tomlin had been involved in an incident at a nightclub during the worst run in our history and not a word was said publicly impresses me even more. It can only go to make the clubs relationship with the current players stronger, with them knowing that their dirty washing won't be aired publicly and bad stuff will be kept behind closed doors. 

As some have said, nothing hacks the fans off more than a player pissing a career away, wasting such a god given talent that we would all have loved to have been blessed with, and we all knew that he had the potential to be that type of player.

We hoped that given a fresh start and another helpful of big love from the fans he could be saved from the fall. But no, he couldn't help himself. His light shines very brightly and then fades as he loses interest. 

Saturday 4th November when Cardiff come to Ashton Gate now has increased significance. City clearly did everything possible to get the best out of him and he repaid them by being thoroughly unprofessional,  whilst receiving a massive salary. 

There's a quote from the Life of Brian, now what was it?

Archived