IGNORED

Tomlin

Alan Dicks

Warnock was quoted as saying he was "going to build the team around Tomlin".

Does not seem to be working out at the moment -

1st game started and subbed

2nd game started and subbed

3rd game dropped to bench and didn't get on

4th game started and subbed

On the Cardiff forum the deluded were claiming we were raging at losing him which couldn't be much further from the truth.

One of them last night was saying Tan would be suing City to get his money back if Tomlin was convicted. :rofl2br:

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

LJ said even this summer he wanted to build around Tomlin. How come he didn't come out and say he was involved in a fight outside a nightclub 2 hours away? Shambles from the club to mislead us like that and get a good fee for a player doing his best to ruin his career. 

Seriously, a few owe LJ an apology on this one. This just shows, for his shortcomings as a young coach, he is trying to look out for the club and has the best intentions. Funnily enough I haven't seen those posters on this topic

It's almost impossible for the great unwashed majority of City fans to know what is going on inside the club. It's well known on here, I assume, that I'm not LJ's greatest fan but when it comes to transfers in or out, I have absolutely zero knowledge of what the reasons are so I consider it best not to comment. One must assume that LJ is always doing what he believes to be in the Club's best interests. But we are free to disagree with his actions as in a very roundabout way, we are his employers. 

Players come and go. I've seen well over a thousand do that in my time. Until social media, we didn't have the chance to make a meaningless comment about what the manager is doing or what the player has done for us. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

It's almost impossible for the great unwashed majority of City fans to know what is going on inside the club. It's well known on here, I assume, that I'm not LJ's greatest fan but when it comes to transfers in or out, I have absolutely zero knowledge of what the reasons are so I consider it best not to comment. One must assume that LJ is always doing what he believes to be in the Club's best interests. But we are free to disagree with his actions as in a very roundabout way, we are his employers. 

Players come and go. I've seen well over a thousand do that in my time. Until social media, we didn't have the chance to make a meaningless comment about what the manager is doing or what the player has done for us. 

No doubt and it's ok to dislike LJ. I get it, just think it's all stick from some people. Everyone at the club deserves praise for handling this LT situation the way they did. Very professional showing from the club and they deserve the credit, even LJ. 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Quite so, yet there are those who accuse LJ of lying at every turn, sometimes hinting they know what really goes on. But if you ask for corroboration silence descends.

Yep agree with this.

All the stick LJ was getting over Tomlin would have been easy to allude to all of this to take the heat off himself. He chose not to do it at any time. Just stated he had offs field issues relating to family etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a LJ lover; and his game management is some of the worSt I've ever seen. But in this matter he has been nothing but honourable.

I see that he has only recently been changed post move to Cardiff.

If does make me wonder if LT and his agent let Cardiff know of the arrest, but under the context of " Don'the worry, it's all getting sorted, he's not going to get charged, it'll be fine etc"

Can't believe they would have bought him for the money they did, if they knew he was getting charged.

But heh ho this is Cardiff

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/club-statement--lee-tomlin/

"Cardiff City FC is aware of the charges that have been brought against Lee Tomlin, dating back to January this year.

"The Club will be making no further comment relating to this at this time.

"Lee will continue as part of the first team squad and, as such, has travelled for this afternoon's game with Wolverhampton Wanderers."

On another note 

:laughcont:

Cardiff City have launched a fresh investigation into the signing of Andreas Cornelius in July 2013.

The Danish striker, then 20, arrived for a club record fee of an initial £7.5m but failed to score in 11 games.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan believes the club paid too much - and has instructed lawyers to take a detailed look into the transfer. Tan says he has new information on the matter.

It comes as Tan renewed his attack on former boss Malky Mackay.

Tan called Mackay an "idiot" over the Cornelius signing.

The striker was Scotsman Mackay's first purchase after guiding Cardiff to promotion to the Premier League, but he rejoined FC Copenhagen after just six months in Wales.

Cornelius rediscovered his form at Copenhagen with a tally of 45 goals over his two spells with the club.

Cornelius joined Italian Serie A side Atalanta this summer.

"It was unfortunate that we only stayed in the Premier League for one season," said Tan.

"You know the main reason, I always say, and I have told Mehmet [Dalman, Cardiff's chairman] the same, is that we spent a lot of money there - I think it was £50m.

"What did we get? We paid £10.5m [based on add-ons] for Cornelius who didn't even play 45 minutes and then the manager said he was a project.

"I'm in the Premier League, I need to survive. What an idiot he [Mackay] is."

Tan added, "You pay for a big striker £10.5m you should play him 90 minutes, not 45 minutes, five minutes, 10 minutes. Because he's a project he [Mackay] says, finally, he says he [Cornelius] is a project.

"How come I'm in the Premier League and you're finding time to do a project for the future? What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!"

17 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/club-statement--lee-tomlin/

"Cardiff City FC is aware of the charges that have been brought against Lee Tomlin, dating back to January this year.

"The Club will be making no further comment relating to this at this time.

"Lee will continue as part of the first team squad and, as such, has travelled for this afternoon's game with Wolverhampton Wanderers."

And in fairness, quite right too. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014163/Lee-Tomlin-called-police-officer-tramp-offered-BMW.html

a little research shows Tomlin isn't new to (a) Leicester nightlife, or (b) the criminal justice system!

although I accept you'll struggle to find a more minor offence!

Wasn't famous Bristol Rover's supporter Jimmy Saville accused of minor offences ? 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Came across this article written by a journo , (who covers Middlesbrough ) when Tomlin joined us 

Thought it was quite a good short piece and the journo has LT on the button for me

LTs biggest enemy - his ego

( Apologies for the size of the copy n paste text - can't seem to adjust it)

The ‘Tomlinho Turn’ was a delicious moment of magic that will shape the folk memory for decades to come.

The mercurial, balletic wriggle that put Vincent Kompany on spin cycle and carved open the champions’ defence in Boro’s famous 2-0 FA Cup win at Manchester City was a brilliant teasing flash of the potential of Lee Tomlin.

It seemed to herald the arrival of a serious talent and was accompanied by a lot of hype.

But now Tomlin is at a club that just escaped the drop last season. How did that happen?

That majestic twist and shot will loom large when we look back in years to come at the playmaker - but the shot came back off the post. And while Kompany was left bamboozled, that much replayed display of audacious skill seemed to leave Tomlin seeing stars too.

Ex-Middlesbrough FC man Lee Tomlin is Bristol City record buy

The social media “bantz” with crest-fallen City stars, the rave reviews on national TV and the purring pundits predicting greatness seemed to have turned his head.

That moment won him the Championship player of the month gong when he wasn’t even the best at the club in that spell and while he still made a contribution and chipped in with some neat touches in the run-in he never reached those heady heights again.

As Boro faded in the final furlong, Tomlin looked a frustrated figure, missing the beat by a fraction and at times struggling with the tempo of the team. 

His head was turned again in the summer when a new agent persuaded him he deserved better, that he should be in the Premier League and the first cracks appeared in his relationships at the club.

Always stocky, he came back from the summer break looking as if he was carrying a bit of timber and he was sluggish in pre-season and with Aitor less than happy, the cracks became a fissure. 

His exit came quickly.

Too quickly. His hasty move to Bournemouth always seemed ill-advised and, well, odd. It was never a natural fit.

Eddie Howe’s high-tempo attacking style demanded constant movement and industry off the ball and while Tomlin had sublime skills there would be little time to use them.

It was very different from Boro’s more patient, probing passing that made his own interventions and touches to change direction and spark counters more likely to count.

The ill-fated switch quickly went sour. After five months and just 10 appearances, largely from the bench, his frustrations boiled over into a late night twitter rant at the boss and he was swiftly exiled on loan to struggling Bristol City.

He has done well there. He scored six in 18 and helped engineer a great escape from relegation. 

The fans love him. He is a new club record signing.

It will sit well with his ego.

It is a lovely city and a club on the up and most Boro fans would wish him success.

But it seems like he has slithered down a snake. 

A year ago his stock was high and he was at a club geared for promotion and opted to leave.

He moved to a top flight club that was a poor fit and never nailed down a place and then burned his bridges.

Now he is playing at a lower level. Although he is the main man.

He really needs to settle and make a success there or he may find his star waning.

Mods?

This is taking up too much screen space.

FFS do something.

tfj

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On another note 

:laughcont:

Cardiff City have launched a fresh investigation into the signing of Andreas Cornelius in July 2013.

The Danish striker, then 20, arrived for a club record fee of an initial £7.5m but failed to score in 11 games.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan believes the club paid too much - and has instructed lawyers to take a detailed look into the transfer. Tan says he has new information on the matter.

It comes as Tan renewed his attack on former boss Malky Mackay.

Tan called Mackay an "idiot" over the Cornelius signing.

The striker was Scotsman Mackay's first purchase after guiding Cardiff to promotion to the Premier League, but he rejoined FC Copenhagen after just six months in Wales.

Cornelius rediscovered his form at Copenhagen with a tally of 45 goals over his two spells with the club.

Cornelius joined Italian Serie A side Atalanta this summer.

"It was unfortunate that we only stayed in the Premier League for one season," said Tan.

"You know the main reason, I always say, and I have told Mehmet [Dalman, Cardiff's chairman] the same, is that we spent a lot of money there - I think it was £50m.

"What did we get? We paid £10.5m [based on add-ons] for Cornelius who didn't even play 45 minutes and then the manager said he was a project.

"I'm in the Premier League, I need to survive. What an idiot he [Mackay] is."

Tan added, "You pay for a big striker £10.5m you should play him 90 minutes, not 45 minutes, five minutes, 10 minutes. Because he's a project he [Mackay] says, finally, he says he [Cornelius] is a project.

"How come I'm in the Premier League and you're finding time to do a project for the future? What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!"

Read that and had to laugh how Tan absolved himself of all blame. Surely he was the one sanctioning the signing? I can't believe for a minute MM was allowed to spend that sort of money without board approval? 

37 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder if this development explains why Tomlin never went on the pre season tour, did he have to report in on a weekly basis?

Things have changed on the bail act this year. You can't generally keep people on bail for longer than 30 days now ( although in exceptional cases a bit longer). He probably would have been released "under investigation". 

He then would be summoned to court via the post.

Thus a lot of people who have been arrested are keeping this fact to themselves and not sharing it with employers or relatives.

Cue, lots of explaining to do when the letter comes through the door.

If the case goes to Crown he might be looking at custodial. If kept at mags, max is 6 months. So will be non-custodial.

The fact that the chargingredients decision took so long is probably an indication that he denied it all in custody, or exercised his rights not to answer questions.

Looking at cardiff"s response I would say that had no idea he was getting charged. As they would have said, "we were aware that he was under investigation etc", rather than he's been charged.

The whole cornelius transfer saga, makes engvalls situation look non-league. Mind boggling waste of money for Cardiff.

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

surely if you are convicted of GBH that is a breach of contract and you can be dismissed?

Great player and lets not forget what he did for us. Yes a wayward character, but I believe he genuinely wanted to do well and help us get promoted, but his demons came back to haunt him. GBH is a very serious charge and not a just a drunken scuffle. What a waste of talent.

In fairness, it's GBH WITHOUT intent, so quite likely he just pushed someone and they fell badly. 

Archived