IGNORED

Marlon Pack

MC RISK77

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have not always been his biggest fan but he was simply outstanding today.

Must admit I've never raved about Pack but I would put him ahead of Korey. I still think if we sign a winger then we move Brownhill central with Pack. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Must admit I've never raved about Pack but I would put him ahead of Korey. I still think if we sign a winger then we move Brownhill central with Pack. 

That is exactly my thoughts if we sign Eliasson. Having watched the videos of him play, I think Eliasson will fit perfectly in the way we want those 4 front players to play and for me Brownhill is a better option than Smith in central midfield. I was saying today, actually I've said it a while, Pack wouldn't look out of place in any team in our division. He's the type of player who performs better with better players around him. Any time a manager has tried to bring in a replacement, Pack has risen to the challenge and taken his place back. First name on the teamsheet for me.

Pack, most underrated player in the club.  Listening on RB today, his name was mentioned more than any other player and the commentator was always saying, "Pack wins the second ball again"  Keeps on improving and will get better with better players around him.

Picked up from where he left off vs Twente.

Plays that role in midfield with everything flowing through him, always available and always aware.

Seems to have added more physicality to his game too which helps in addition to his underrated aerial ability. Never looks hurried in possession and plays some exquisite passes at times. 

I predict he'll have an excellent season based on what I've seen so far.

59 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have not always been his biggest fan but he was simply outstanding today.

No dear. That would be me.

Fwiw, I've always liked Marlon and not just because he's fit. He's a nifty player and bounces off whoever is around him. He also used to be our penalty taker iirc. Any bloke that got the balls to do that gets my vote.

I think people didn't get him for a while. People generally enjoy watching and rate midfielders who can crunch into tackles (like Smith or Tommy Doc) or creative types/goalscorers (Tomlin/Hartley). For a while I think people saw Pack neither category and as a slow, lethargic player who gives the ball away and doesn't look like he's having much impact.

He's improved on all aspects of his game and I agree with others that say he's got better as the team has generally got better. Fans are starting to appreciate what he brings to the team and how his skills allow others to show their strengths. 

I think he's capable of a few more goals - he can hit the ball really well and I'd like to see him take a few long shots. I have a feeling he's got the potential for a few screamers.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people didn't get him for a while. People generally enjoy watching and rate midfielders who can crunch into tackles (like Smith or Tommy Doc) or creative types/goalscorers (Tomlin/Hartley). For a while I think people saw Pack neither category and as a slow, lethargic player who gives the ball away and doesn't look like he's having much impact.

He's improved on all aspects of his game and I agree with others that say he's got better as the team has generally got better. Fans are starting to appreciate what he brings to the team and how his skills allow others to show their strengths. 

I think he's capable of a few more goals - he can hit the ball really well and I'd like to see him take a few long shots. I have a feeling he's got the potential for a few screamers.

For me it was the Hollywood type cross field balls that used to frustrate me..he now plays it far more simply..but today he also Broke up their play superbly

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

For me it was the Hollywood type cross field balls that used to frustrate me..he now plays it far more simply..but today he also Broke up their play superbly

Ditto, they were too obvious and slow.  Keeping the passing simpler and quicker worked really well for us.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Didn't work last season. We only improved when brownhill was moved wide and smith was fit again in the centre with pack. Brownhill was forever being caught too far up field, and didn't have the strength to tackle back. I much prefer smith and pack. 

The results back that up too

8 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Many don't understand that the long balls were under instruction from Cotterill. 

He's flourished since being able to play a full and wholesome game, rather than being instructed by the manager to hit the channels with every possession. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Many don't understand that the long balls were under instruction from Cotterill. 

He's flourished since being able to play a full and wholesome game, rather than being instructed by the manager to hit the channels with every possession. 

Yeah I get that mate but after a season of it you would have thought he would have been told to not try them.

good work in s82 today fella..loved it

Archived